Never let the weather catch you by surprise again. The trusted weather experts at Storm Team 8 deliver West Michigan's most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and for the week ahead. Unlike other weather apps, you'll get a local forecast that is customized for you.
Download the Storm Team 8 app for fast, accurate local and national weather at your fingertips. With its personal alert notifications, you'll know when significant weather is heading your way and when to take cover. And when you are traveling, use Storm Team 8 to get real-time weather forecasts, interactive radar and current conditions for anywhere in the U.S.
The Storm Team 8 app utilizes the most advanced radar maps, weather and digital technology available. With its easy-to-use interactive radar, you can take control and see where the storm is now and where it is tracking. Then, set customized alerts to keep you and your family informed and safe.
- Live interactive radar with many layering options lets you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead for West Michigan
- The latest video forecast from Storm Team 8
- Current weather conditions for West Michigan and anywhere in the United States
- Share the weather conditions via text message, email, Facebook or Twitter
- You can set multiple custom locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
- Closings and delays for West Michigan, including Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, Kalamazoo and Battle Creek
- Weather blog from Bill's Blog
- News and weather headlines from WOOD TV8
- Live streaming video from WOOD TV8
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Too many problems!
Some things work and some things don’t. This app needs a lot of work to be something that works well. It’s difficult to work around the ads and there are too many popping up. Bill’s Blog is unreadable because the Continue Reading touch bar doesn’t give you the rest of the text but instead just reloads the page. It would be nice to choose Text forecast and have all the text instead of having to touch a second time to view it. It would also be nice to have the same forecasts align with the Wood TV8 app. The best part of this app is the radar. Being able to zoom out, move around, select layers, and activate a time lapse for current or future radar is very helpful.
Overrun with spam & annoying ads
I used to love this app. A shame it’s been turned into nothing but constant pop up ads. Every tap seems to turn into a pop up, sometimes two in a row. Ads also seem to pop up after a delay, in the midst of reading something. A lot of the ads look cheap and spam like. Takes away from the legitimacy/appeal of the app. Turning to one of the other stations now and dozens of better weather apps!
It was ground breaking for a time, including the voice of Chief Meteorologist Bill Steffen when weather warnings occur near your location. These days, I suspect the chief will start reading ads at 3am!
Minimize the ads
I use your competition’s (Channel 13) weather app because they don’t bombard me with full screen ads like yours does. Because I haven’t used your app for so long I decided to try it again this morning. A full-page ad popped up within the first few seconds. It was from Parenting magazine of all things! I am WAY beyond the need for Parenting magazine ads! You could minimize those ads at the top. No one likes full-page ads blocking the screen. I’m deleting your app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.