Metronome M1 supports a wide tempo range between 10-300 BPM, ranging from Grave to Prestissimo covering all popular styles including Lento, Largo, Adagio, Andante, Moderato, Allegro, Vivace and Presto. The "Tap Tempo" feature lets you quickly set your desired tempo with the ease of tapping a button.
Metronome M1 supports the following common Time Signatures and more.
Simple time signatures:
- 2/4 (duple): Commonly used for polkas or marches.
- 3/4 (triple): Used widely for waltzes, minuets, scherzi, country & western ballads, R&B. Also occasionally used in pop.
- 4/4 (quadruple): Also known as common time, this is used widely in most forms of Western popular music. It is also the most common time signature in rock, blues, country, funk, and pop. Most students start practicing with this time signature.
Compound time signatures:
- 6/8 (duple): This compound time signature is used in double jigs, polkas, sega, salegy, tarantella, marches, barcarolles, Irish jigs, loures, and some rock music.
- 9/8 (triple): Also known as compound triple time, this is used in triple jigs.
- 12/8 (quadruple): Commonly used in slower blues (where it is called a shuffle) and doo-wop; also used more recently in rock music.
With the latest update, you can now set any time signature you want.
Now you no longer have to give an excuse for practicing without a metronome as you can have this app on your mobile device all the time. Make metronome your best friend and always practice with it. Moreover, practicing with metronome is proven to improve your aural skills.
Minor improvements in the user interface.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app. Flexible and easy to use.
The watch app needs a little work to make it a 5-star. If you use the watch to start the metronome, it stops when you lower your wrist. So I can start it from the watch, but as soon as move my hand to play, it stops.
I use the app mostly for the tap tempo, to try and set tempos for songs I am planning in our church worship. It's dead simple to operate, and since it's also available on iPad and Mac OS, I can use the same metronome of whatever device I am using. Nice!
Contacted the developer with a feature request for the Mac app, and within a few weeks it was implemented, so I am love how they're standing by their products.
Thank you guys really enjoying this. I have a great recommendation to add a setting option for color choices. Other than the ambulance red and yellow it’s really harsh. Thank you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JSplash Apps
- 1.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 JSplash Studios Pvt. Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.