Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
• Compatibility with the latest version of operating system and latest devices
• Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Addictive and extremely satisfying creation
I have been using this app for over a year and I can’t put into words the amount of satisfaction it brings me. Everything is just the way I would want and imagine to make if I were to design the app; simple and rather minimalistic (compared to most other apps) but contains all of the features I would need to be completely happy (the last of which was added very recently — deadline button). No clutter and very user friendly.
It was very addictive to me; so be careful.
I bought the paid version too to be able to synchronize my data and have it in all of my devices. However, the only sad part about this is that (at the moment) I don’t think I will be able to transfer the data I have been collecting for over a year from my unpaid version to my paid version to be able to keep and display it as well. So for now I keep using the unpaid version until I either find a different way of transferring it, or the developer adds a feature like that, or I get enough courage to say “goodbye” to my lovely and diligently collected large data set.
Despite remaining an unpaid version used while having the paid version, I have no regrets at all for my purchase and I hope the developer gets many more people discovering his apps and becoming as happy as I am with it/them.
Great reminder to take a break
I love using this app. They say you learn better and can focus more if you break your work into short blocks of time. It’s also not good to sit for too long. This app helps remind me to take a break. I set it to do 20 minute blocks with five minute breaks after each block and a long 15 minute break after four blocks. I get up and move around during each break. It’s easy to loose track of time but this app fixes that issue. I also love that it tracks everything so I’m able to see how productive I’ve been at the end of the day.
Useful and simple
After downloading a few pomodoro apps, I liked this one the best due to it's simplicity, and that it has the features I wanted. It includes an alarm, easy to categorize your "focus" times, and make any adjustments if needed. A lot of other apps were very complex. I wanted something I could learn in the matter of seconds. If your main focus is to spend more deliberate times, why spend too much time learning an app? I am able to categorize my work, study, and free time.
I'd recommend to the developers to create a feature where you can enter your own manual time, more of a time management tool. That would make a good addition, making the app a more robust. Even for $1.99, I'd buy it. Especially since I would want to enter my time I'm wasting. I could compare how much I'm spending on productive time vs wasteful times.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the suggestion! It was added to our wish list. We'll consider the ability to implement it in the future updates.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.