"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Here's a good ol' bug fix update that address some annoying things before 1.7.
- Fixed bug around video playback (video wouldn't show up sometimes or would just be audio)
- Fixed bug where occasionally there could be a weird mix of light mode and dark mode at the same time
- Fixed bug where some GIF playback wouldn't properly load
- Fixed bug where opening Apollo from a notification wouldn't always load the proper notification item (comment, post, etc.)
- Fixed bug where Apollo wouldn't always open properly from other apps
- Fixed bug where some Reddit hosted images/videos wouldn't load properly
- Fixed bug where sometimes when rotating a GIF in the media viewer would make it disappear (dang spooky Halloween bugs)
- GIFs load even faster and more play inline (also better detects if a Reddit "video" doesn't actually have an audio track so it will just treat it like a GIF)
- Fixed bug where multi-window support wouldn't always work on iPad
- Fixed bug where if the original poster deleted their account it would look like every deleted comment was from the original poster
- Entering subreddits in the Jump Bar now properly disallows spaces and will automatically remove them if you, say, copy-paste or use the new QuickPath keyboard
- Fixed bug where when dictating comments there could be a weird [OBJ] character that showed up (theory: ghosts of Objective-C angry that I'm using Swift?)
- Fixed bug where when rotating in the media viewer the bottom gradient would sometimes creep across the screen weirdly
- Fixed bug where there could be weird spacing in text posts with a bunch of image uploads
- Fixed bug where in the last update the video player didn't have all of its cool features/options
1.7 is right on the horizon woohoo! :D Can't wait to show it to y'all and thank you as always for being amazing and supportive!
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
Best reddit app
I first got Apollo because of r/iossettups, which almost unanimously said that Apollo is the best reddit app. I went out on a limb and downloaded it, and at first I thought it was trash. However, I tried to give it a chance, and after about two weeks I couldn’t go back to the default app. I don’t usually buy apps, but I decided to make an exception and used one of my gift cards to try Apollo pro. And oh my god, it was an amazing decision. I felt like I had achieved enlightenment, that I had found the one true reddit app. But I wasn’t done yet. I wasn’t in to subscriptions, but this was right around the time I helped start up r/simfascism, and I felt like I really needed notifications. So, I whipped out my gift cards, and ten minutes later, I had purchased Apollo ultra lifetime. It was beautiful, it felt like I was gazing upon a god. Then I stopped using reddit for a while, but once r/nosleep popped up on my radar, I came back. At this current moment I use Apollo mainly to browse text based subreddits, and have become a lurker. However, I must say that Apollo looks and feels like the most well integrated iOS app I’ve seen. Honestly, I could mistake its design for that of a default iOS app. It is worth the money, and y’all should get it.
- Christian Selig
- 95.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Christian Selig 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $3.99
- Apollo Pro $5.99
- Apollo Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.