***4/5 - "charmingly fun," 148 Apps***
***4/5 - "I can't deny the grin it put on my face," Touch Arcade***
***4/5 - "probably the best mobile game in the series and worth picking up for the missions alone," Tap Smart***
The latest instalment in the worldwide mega hit franchise!
When the guys and girls at Team 17 jump around and squeal with excitement, you know you are on to a winner. You see, the team who designed Worms 4 had you and your favourite device in mind when they created;
• Synchronous Multiplayer Matches: Battle against opponents from around the world with real time one on one online multiplayer matches!
• Shorter, more explosive matches to provide compelling bite sized gameplay.
• Streamlined menu systems to get you into game with a minimum of fuss.
• Add enriched cartoon visuals which look great even on the smaller screens.
But that’s not all! Take a look at the below list and you will see why the folks at Team17 are simply buzzin about Worms 4.
• Brand New Weapons: Wreak havoc with an assembly of brand new weapon designs including Hailey’s Comet!
• Weapon Upgrades: Worms 4 is designed to be a very rewarding play experience. Players can collect more than a hundred weapon upgrades to make their worms more powerful! Weapon upgrades can be mixed and matched to better suit the player’s strategy.
• Five Gorgeous Locations: Do battle in five beautiful hand drawn regions: Middle Turf, Candiville, Wacky-Habara, Tomorrow Islands and the Fro Zone.
• 80 Single Player Missions: Test your skills against 80 single player missions. Missions are designed not only to provide the player with hours of enjoyment, but also to teach the finer points of Worms playing strategy!
• Factions: Each player in the game chooses an allegiance, fighting under the banner of Red or Blue! The daily tug of war competition pits faction against faction, with the winners reaping the benefits of extra in-game rewards!
• World Events: Each week dynamic events take place around the game’s world map. The player enters into these events and competes against other players, with the aim of representing their faction and earning prizes for fellow faction members.
• Better with Metal: Users whose devices have metal support enjoy additional visual effects.
• Fantastic Customisation Options: As always, Worms 4 features a plethora of great customisation options, allowing the player to individually customise each worm and give their team the personal touch!
• Daily Challenges: Partake in fun optional daily challenges to earn yourself and your faction additional rewards!
• Loot: Spin the loot wheel and break open the loot chests to gain truckloads of rewards and customise every aspect of your worm!
• Connect with Friends: Connect your Facebook account to battle your friends in online multiplayer or view your friend’s progress on the world map screen and compete to beat their scores.
Get even more Team17 information, including the latest game updates and more…
DON’T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING WORMS GAMES ON THE APP STORE
Worms Special Edition, Worms Crazy Golf, Worms 3 & Worms Revolution - Deluxe Edition.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
In Worms 4, shorter matches and streamlined menus crank up the pace, putting a bigger focus on the comical turn-based warfare. The game’s loaded with exciting ways to play: tackle tons of solo missions, join a faction and enter events, or battle other people in real-time contests locally or online. And it wouldn’t be a Worms game without exploding sheep and other classic weapons—or new ones like the fearsome Hayley’s Comet.
Decent but could've been magnificent!
The game engine is great after you get used to it. Lots of fun in campaign mode. Cool upgrade system where you can specialize your team and make them better with weapon upgrades you earn. So.. I have a lot of fun with the campaign, I build up a solid little team, I'm ready to pwn in multiplayer and... it's a total letdown disappointment! :(
I try to find random opponents and, most of the time, it comes up empty. I had 2 or 3 games with other people, some got disconnected. I "convince" my s.o. to install the game. We link it to FB. I see her in a list of friends to invite and I can't play with her for some reason! I'm sitting next to her and the game tells me she's "unavailable". She clicks on my name and it tells her I'm "unavailable." Quite comical. It's a shame cuz the engine itself is very well done and the experience could've been magnificent. So far, I'm stuck with my awesome team, unable to really play anyone else. Love the worms franchise but 3 stars for the deep emotional disappointment here :) plz fix it
Real-time gaming is not for everyone
A large part of people play games on their mobile phone when they have time. They aren’t able to schedule gaming times. This turn-based game style affords players the opportunity to engage friends in a vs battle and be notified when it’s their turn. Much like an app for a game of Chess or Scrabble. I’m certain I speak for plenty of others when I say that adding the ability to play against a friend in a progressive non-real-time game would have me playing much more.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Team17 Digital Limited
- 271.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Team17 Digital Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Safe O' Donkey Dollars $3.99
- Fist O' Donkey Dollars $0.99
- Worm Charm $0.99
- Bag O' Donkey Dollars $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.