Track and map every run with MapMyRun and get feedback and stats to improve your performance. Discover the best running routes, save and share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a community of over 50 million runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- Named Top 10 Apps for Runners by The Guardian
- Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, & TIME
- Voted Best Running App Readers' Choice on About.com
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Log over 600+ activities with the largest selection of activity types, including: running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, and more.
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked run, with customizable voice feedback for stats like pace, route, distance, calories, and elevation.
- Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
- Add your running shoes and track mileage with Gear Tracker. Get notified when it’s time for a new pair and avoid injuries.
- Use Routes to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share them with others.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Track your runs with the Apple Watch app and view your progress at a glance.
- Let your shoes do the tracking with UA Record Equipped connected shoes that automatically track your runs and sync your data with your MapMyRun app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Apple Health, Apple Watch, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
- See what your friends and others around the world are doing on your Activity Feed. There’s always someone there to motivate you.
- Get social and share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Become a premium member for an ad-free experience with special features
- Get Training Plans and reach your running goals (e.g., 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon) with personal training plans that adapt dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor & analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Set a target for your run and stay on track with audio coach updates, including pace, distance, duration, calories & more.
- Use Live Tracking to share your real-time running location and give loved ones peace of mind.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyRun.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyRun is part of the world’s largest digital health & fitness community, Under Armour Connected Fitness, which includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, & MyFitnessPal. These apps were built to empower healthy and active lifestyles with one mission – to make you better.
In this release: you can now share gym routines with friends and find them in the feed. We've also added many different exercises.
UA HOVR Connected Footwear users can now earn badges based on the various types of workouts you do and how much you run. Try it out and earn those badges!
Ratings and Reviews
Something is wrong after a recent update but this is still a great app.
I used to be able to start my workout on my phone, put my phone in my pocket, hold up my wrist and see that on my Apple Watch the app had already opened and showed my workout already going. The last few weeks this no longer works or only works part of the time. Now I hold my watch up (after starting a workout on my phone) and it does already have the watch app open, but now it only offers me the option to start another workout on my watch. So I start a workout there, and then SOMETIMES it will get in sync with the phone and change the time, and other times it won’t. Then I get home and finish my workout on the phone so that I can write my notes before finalizing it. After which I will notice later that when I hold my watch up there is still a workout going on my watch which I have to finish and delete. These are not issues that were present a few weeks ago. It would be nice to see this rolled back to where the phone and watch properly sync with each other during and after a workout.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know, and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience with our app. Good news: this issue should be fixed in our latest release (18.8.6), which is now available in the App Store. Stay tuned for more improvements to our Watch experience over the next several months! And thanks for using MapMyRun!
Update is Garbage
I have used this app for many years. I keep in touch with far away running friends on this app and have loved it. Sadly, the latest UI update makes it virtually unusable for Apple Watch. Today I ran a 5K. I live in a small town and run the route often using the app. I noticed the last few times I used it that it goes to the background and when it wakes up, it takes a little while. Today I could confirm that in fact, not only is the distance now horribly off, the chrono time is also wrong. I started my watch with the race clock. I watched them press the button, I started my watch, and I was a full 2 minutes slower when I returned to the finish thanks to the “sleeping” problem.
We also have a half mile track in town. Prior to the latest UI change it was right on. Now it is significantly lower miles than the track actually is, and the time delays on the clock.
What is up with this??? I know it’s a first world problem but runners rely on tools to make them better and faster. The old one worked great. You should really consider rolling back until you fix this because once we all find new apps we will not be back. The fact the time keeping portion doesn’t even work is crazy. You can’t even manually calculate a known distance anymore! Fix it PLEASE!!!!
This app makes my Apple Watch worthless
I’ve been using this app for many years. I even bought an Apple Watch as a companion to this app for running, biking, and walking the dog. I like that it communicates with myfitnesspal
But here’s the rub. When this app is installed on my Apple Watch, it starts itself, runs in the background, and kills my watch battery before the end of the work day. A watch that does before the end of your work day is not very useful. I have to go I. To the phone and kill the app, then kill the app on the watch, and even by then it seems the Watch has opened the app on the phone again already. I spend 10 minutes fussing with it when I notice it’s doing that just so that I can make sure my watch battery won’t be drained in 6 hours. It’s fine when I remove this app. It’s even fine some of the time when I have the app on. I don’t run with my Apple Watch anymore because of this app. It’s pretty annoying. I’ve talked to support about it and they basically shrugged me off and said they’ve never heard of anyone else having that problem so it must be me.
It’s a great app if they can fix that glitch, but until then, I can’t use it with my Apple Watch, which I bought specifically to use with this app.
Developer Response ,
So sorry to hear you encountered some issues with the Apple Watch app. This issue has been fixed, so you shouldn't encounter it anymore. If you do have any issues along these lines, please let us know!
- Under Armour, Inc.
- 302.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Under Armour Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.