Libro.fm makes it possible for you to buy audiobooks directly through your local, independent bookstore. You can choose from more than 150,000 audiobooks, including New York Times bestsellers and bookseller-recommended favorites. By choosing Libro.fm over other audiobook services, you’re shopping local and investing in your own community.
Audiobooks purchased through the Libro.fm website are synced with the app immediately, so you can start listening right away. Download an audiobook once, and then listen offline whenever and wherever you want via your iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, or iPad. Get your first audiobook free when you sign up for membership, then pay $14.99 each subsequent month and receive one audiobook per month.
- First month free!
- One audiobook each month for only $14.99, regardless of the list price
- Ongoing support of your local bookstore
- 150,000+ audiobooks to choose from
- Expert recommendations from booksellers
- Flexible credits that never expire and can be used on gifts
- 30% off additional audiobooks and gifted audiobooks
- DRM-free downloads (own your audiobooks)
- Dedicated customer support at email@example.com
- Automatic sync: Audiobooks automatically sync from your Libro.fm account as well as across devices.
- Bookmarks: Easily bookmark content so you can return to it later (bookmarks are synced across devices).
- Playback speed: Like to listen at a faster pace? Just use our variable-speed narration feature.
- Sleep timer: Feeling tired? Set the timer to stop your audiobook after a few minutes or after a certain track.
- Tags: Organize your library by creating and assigning tags to your audiobooks.
- Sharing: Share the Libro.fm experience with friends to earn free audiobooks. The share function lets you refer via email, text, or airdrop.
- DRM-free downloads: Every audiobook on Libro.fm is DRM-free, so you can listen on any device.
1. Visit Libro.fm and select your first audiobook.
2. Download the free Libro.fm app.
3. Sign in with your Libro.fm account.
4. Download your audiobook(s) and start listening.
If you have issues with the app or would like to give us feedback, we'd love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a real, audiobook-loving human will get back to you.
- Updated for iOS 14
- Improved support for older devices and other stability improvements
- New design: Your library has a new look!
- Tags: You can now organize your library by creating and assigning tags to your audiobooks. Folders have been replaced by the new tagging system. Audiobooks will not automatically be marked as “Finished” upon completion. Audiobooks that were in your To Listen folder, have been tagged as “To Listen”
- Genres: You can now browse audiobooks in your library by genre.
- FAQs: Find answers to the most frequently asked questions without ever leaving the app in the “Help and FAQs” section.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t Sync Across Devices
I love this app because I love supporting my local bookstore. However, I listen to my audiobooks on different devices throughout the day. Sometimes I’m on my phone and other times I’m on my iPad. Unfortunately, the current version of this app doesn’t update from my previous place on one device when I switch to the other. Or if it has this capability, I cannot find where to turn it on.
I still would recommend this app and company over others, purely to support local bookstores.
Developer Response ,
Hi kbwm, I wanted to follow up with you--the app now syncs across your iOS devices as of version 4.0.0. Enjoy!
Great app...just one small thing...
I love supporting my local bookstore and so far the app has been great, but having the ability to get new books within the app would make it perfect! I don’t always have my computer, so full functionality In the app (wishlist, purchase new books, etc) would make it that much better. Thank you for providing a alternative!
I love everything about this service, except the tracks. I’m usually switching back and forth between audiobook and physical book and it’s impossible to find your progress with the current setup with tracks. 5 stars and I’ll give up my other audiobook subscription once chapters are added to this app. Love supporting my local bookstore!
Developer Response ,
We’re working on this feature right now! Thanks for your feedback and your support of local bookstores.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.