Libro.fm is the first and only audiobook company to make it possible for you to buy audiobooks directly through your favorite local bookstore. You can choose from more than 130,000 audiobooks, including New York Times best sellers and recommendations from booksellers. With Libro.fm you’ll get the same audiobooks at the same price as the largest audiobook company, but you’ll be supporting your local community.
Audiobooks purchased at Libro.fm are synced with the app immediately, so you can get listening right away. Download an audiobook once and then listen offline whenever and wherever you want via your iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, or iPad.
1. Get started on the Libro.fm website and select your first audiobook
2. Download the free Libro.fm app
3. Sign in with your Libro.fm account
4. Download your audiobook(s) and start listening
• Automatic sync: Audiobooks automatically sync from your Libro.fm account and sync across devices.
• Bookmarks: Easily bookmark content so you can return to it later; bookmarks are synced across devices.
• Playback speed: Like to listen at a faster pace? Just use our variable speed narration feature.
• Sleep timer: Set the timer to stop your audiobook after a few minutes or after a certain track.
• Folders and sorting: Archive your library into folders for listening, to listen, and finished and then sort and search within folders.
Sharing: Share the Libro.fm experience with friends and earn free audiobooks. The share function lets you send by email, text or airdrop.
• DRM Free: Every audiobook on Libro.fm is DRM-free (we like to call it cage-free) so you can listen on any device.
If you have issues with the app or would like to give us feedback, we'd love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at email@example.com and a real, audiobook-loving human will get back to you.
• Improvements to VoiceOver accessibility experience.
• Fixes and improvements
Version 4 updates:
• Apple CarPlay Integration: You can now listen to and manage audiobooks through your CarPlay interface!
• Sync Between Devices: Listening position and bookmarks are now synced between all of your devices
• Audiobook Details: View audiobook description and details in your library
• Bookseller Reviews: See bookseller recommendations for audiobooks in your library
• New interface (UI) design with more convenient playback controls
• PDF Extras: Get PDFs accompanying audiobooks, right in the app
• Apple AirPlay 2 Integration: Listen on HomePod and other AirPlay 2 speakers
Feedback: We are always making improvements to the Libro.fm app. Please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or suggestions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t Sync Across Devices
I love this app because I love supporting my local bookstore. However, I listen to my audiobooks on different devices throughout the day. Sometimes I’m on my phone and other times I’m on my iPad. Unfortunately, the current version of this app doesn’t update from my previous place on one device when I switch to the other. Or if it has this capability, I cannot find where to turn it on.
I still would recommend this app and company over others, purely to support local bookstores.
Developer Response ,
Hi kbwm, I wanted to follow up with you--the app now syncs across your iOS devices as of version 4.0.0. Enjoy!
The best app!
As an indie bookseller and book lover this app is everything. I use it everyday to listen to books and to show customers how easy it is to use. It’s so amazing that this company helps indie bookstores!!!!
The only thing I wish I could do is organize my books into folders I can create. Mostly because I’m a supper OCD organizer. There may be a way to actually do that, that I just don’t know about. But that doesn’t hinder my love for the app at all! Seriously, best app ever!!!! Much love!!! <3
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words! Custom folders are in the works... stay tuned!
Close to Converting Completely
I love this app for what it offers booksellers and book lovers. When I’ve been pining for a book but have commutes to worry about, this app has my back. Fantastic platform, I recommend it to all of my friends and family, and customers who are afraid they don’t have time to read!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.