Like you, LIFX wants smarter light. This means we care about the way you control your smart lights, as much as we do about the lights themselves. We make it easy to get started with WiFi-enabled, bright, colorful smart lights that need no hub. Yep, you can start with just one device.
LIFX App 4 can not only help give you the best start, but will turn your experience “up to 11”. Automate your wake up Schedule, or set up your movie-watching Scene (then set up voice control so you don’t even have to leave the sofa), or play with Effects next time you’re entertaining.
The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
- Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
- Group personalization: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalize Group cards with your own pictures.
- Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
- Effects: play with special effects like the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
- Scenes: set your lighting just the way you like it and save it for later.
- Themes: a library of one click color combinations for a Group, from ‘Proud’ to ‘Soothing’.
- Paint: with your finger in the app, paint color live onto your LIFX Z, Beam, Tile and Candle.
- Custom color palettes: add your favorite colors to a custom color palette.
- Discover Tab: find How To guides, learn about integration partners, or shop for LIFX
- and much more.
Example uses from our customers:
- Ambiance: schedule warmer light in the evening - to calm - and whiter light in the morning - to energize.
- “Moccupancy”: set irregular schedules to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
- Sleep: set your bedroom lights to deep red just before bed to produce more melatonin which helps you get better quality sleep.
- Stay put: you’ve settled into the sofa for a streaming binge but left the lights on. No need to jump up to the switch, just ask your voice assistant.
- Pet owners: if you're unexpectedly late home from work, turn the lights on for your dog from wherever you are.
- Silent notifications: use partner apps to give you a light flash if… your car is arriving, or the forecast says it will rain, or you are mentioned on social media, and much more.
Best color-changing smart bulb for HomeKit cnet
Pairing LIFX with Apple HomeKit is easy using the HomeKit onboarding QR code available in the product packaging.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience. You can reach us at email@example.com.
LIFX lights are available at lifx.com
Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Pricey but worth it
To all with issues after updating. Many apps can have issues right after a new update. Most are fixed by reinstalling the app. In this case though I have had issues 2 total times right after an update. Both times I had trouble operating a couple of my lights. Try this if that happens. Just go to that bulbs settings. Disconnect from the cloud. Then reconnect. Took me seconds and fixed the issue.
I switched away from a different brand of bulb as the other company relied on 3rd party apps to get full use out of the bulbs. I could not stand that. Lifx uses its own controls to use the bulbs fully. I also set both bulbs side by side. The lifx bulb at same light setting was quite a bit brighter. Same wattage bulb both maxed out same temperature. The other bulb was quite a bit duller. Really odd.
So for me the lifx won out in every area except 1. Price
They cost quite a bit of money. To much in my opinion. So I waited for a good sale before buying them. It was so worth it. Much superior bulb. Just wait for a sale as full price they cost to much to recommend for me. I have owned 5 of lifx bulbs for about a year now. They work great.
Good design, but often unresponsive.
I know a lot of people don’t like the new UI, but it’s honestly a bit clearer, and looks much better. I only fumbled for a few days, accidentally turning my room mates lights on because of the new swiping features. Once you relearn though, it feels like it was well thought out.
As far as functionality, it’s a bit wonky. To transition to a scene I want, I have to tap back and forth between two different scenes, as if I have to wake up the lights from a rest mode. Also, I’m aware tiles have been discontinued, at least for now, but the app tends to not have total control over them anymore. I have 3 connected in a straight line. Unless I use a premade scene (and even then sometimes), they will randomly switch to morph. No matter what color I set them to (aside from “off”), they always end up on morph after about 3-5 minutes of whatever I had just set it to.
Sometimes while browsing colors in the color wheel, you’ll experience the whole wheel spin around incredibly quickly, as if it’s attempting to catch up. Something about this version communicates with the lights much slower than before. This is all minor though, as it only takes a few seconds to troubleshoot and fix any problem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience yet. We know it's quite a big change and will take some time to getting used to. We are working on revising some UI changes to be more user friendly and working through a few bugs like you've seen with the color wheel. Thanks for your feedback and patience, and we hope you familiarize yourself with our app while we continue working on bringing a better experience. Best regards, LIFX.
Good update, but there’s a bug...
I’ve been testing the new app since it was in beta. The whole time I never found a bug. Now that it’s released, here one is! At first I thought I was going crazy, but I was able to repeat multiple times.
Here is what I found:
If you set a schedule and change the time from a static hour/minute to sunrise, and then offset the time (in my case, it was 1 hour before), once you hit SAVE, sunrise switches to SUNSET. You have to go back in and re-select Sunrise and then hit save again and it will save correctly.
Now for my general review:
Other than the bug I found, I really think this new app is a huge improvement over the previous version. It’s a lot easier to manage entire groups, set schedules, and the timeline view really helps see the order that everything is happening. IDK why so many people are finding this version so difficult to work with. If you organize your lights into groups, changes to multiple lights are a lot easier. Maybe if you only have a small number of lights it’s more cumbersome, but I’ve got 15 and on the old app it took me forever to get everything the way I wanted it.
But that’s just me. To each their own!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 156.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.