Like you, LIFX wants smarter light. This means we care about the way you control your smart lights, as much as we do about the lights themselves. We make it easy to get started with WiFi-enabled, bright, colorful smart lights that need no hub. Yep, you can start with just one device.
LIFX App 4 can not only help give you the best start, but will turn your experience “up to 11”. Automate your wake up Schedule, or set up your movie-watching Scene (then set up voice control so you don’t even have to leave the sofa), or play with Effects next time you’re entertaining.
The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
- Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
- Group personalization: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalize Group cards with your own pictures.
- Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
- Effects: play with special effects like the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
- Scenes: set your lighting just the way you like it and save it for later.
- Themes: a library of one click color combinations for a Group, from ‘Proud’ to ‘Soothing’.
- Paint: with your finger in the app, paint color live onto your LIFX Z, Beam, Tile and Candle.
- Custom color palettes: add your favorite colors to a custom color palette.
- Discover Tab: find How To guides, learn about integration partners, or shop for LIFX
- and much more.
Example uses from our customers:
- Ambiance: schedule warmer light in the evening - to calm - and whiter light in the morning - to energize.
- “Moccupancy”: set irregular schedules to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
- Sleep: set your bedroom lights to deep red just before bed to produce more melatonin which helps you get better quality sleep.
- Stay put: you’ve settled into the sofa for a streaming binge but left the lights on. No need to jump up to the switch, just ask your voice assistant.
- Pet owners: if you're unexpectedly late home from work, turn the lights on for your dog from wherever you are.
- Silent notifications: use partner apps to give you a light flash if… your car is arriving, or the forecast says it will rain, or you are mentioned on social media, and much more.
Best color-changing smart bulb for HomeKit cnet
Pairing LIFX with Apple HomeKit is easy using the HomeKit onboarding QR code available in the product packaging.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFX lights are available at lifx.com
- Fixed issue where brightness might scale down while running an effect over an extended period
- Fixed issue where painting might use an older brightness value
- Fixed issue with controlling groups of lights on Apple Watch when some lights are offline
- Fixed issue where some Scenes might not appear on the Dashboard
- Fixed an issue where onboarding might be shown as successful when it failed
- Fixed issue where the Edit Schedule screen might look strange
- Fixed some potential cause of crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good update, but there’s a bug...
I’ve been testing the new app since it was in beta. The whole time I never found a bug. Now that it’s released, here one is! At first I thought I was going crazy, but I was able to repeat multiple times.
Here is what I found:
If you set a schedule and change the time from a static hour/minute to sunrise, and then offset the time (in my case, it was 1 hour before), once you hit SAVE, sunrise switches to SUNSET. You have to go back in and re-select Sunrise and then hit save again and it will save correctly.
Now for my general review:
Other than the bug I found, I really think this new app is a huge improvement over the previous version. It’s a lot easier to manage entire groups, set schedules, and the timeline view really helps see the order that everything is happening. IDK why so many people are finding this version so difficult to work with. If you organize your lights into groups, changes to multiple lights are a lot easier. Maybe if you only have a small number of lights it’s more cumbersome, but I’ve got 15 and on the old app it took me forever to get everything the way I wanted it.
But that’s just me. To each their own!
Good design, but often unresponsive.
I know a lot of people don’t like the new UI, but it’s honestly a bit clearer, and looks much better. I only fumbled for a few days, accidentally turning my room mates lights on because of the new swiping features. Once you relearn though, it feels like it was well thought out.
As far as functionality, it’s a bit wonky. To transition to a scene I want, I have to tap back and forth between two different scenes, as if I have to wake up the lights from a rest mode. Also, I’m aware tiles have been discontinued, at least for now, but the app tends to not have total control over them anymore. I have 3 connected in a straight line. Unless I use a premade scene (and even then sometimes), they will randomly switch to morph. No matter what color I set them to (aside from “off”), they always end up on morph after about 3-5 minutes of whatever I had just set it to.
Sometimes while browsing colors in the color wheel, you’ll experience the whole wheel spin around incredibly quickly, as if it’s attempting to catch up. Something about this version communicates with the lights much slower than before. This is all minor though, as it only takes a few seconds to troubleshoot and fix any problem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience yet. We know it's quite a big change and will take some time to getting used to. We are working on revising some UI changes to be more user friendly and working through a few bugs like you've seen with the color wheel. Thanks for your feedback and patience, and we hope you familiarize yourself with our app while we continue working on bringing a better experience. Best regards, LIFX.
The new app is a complete failure in functionality. What used to be a very straightforward operation in turning lights on or off has become twice as cumbersome with this revised app. The addition of fake line drawings of your different rooms is utterly pointless and only succeeds in filling up the screen so that you’re forced to scroll far too long if you have more than one room set up. The action of turning lights on or off is also much slower and unresponsive with the new app while adjusting individual lights in a group has become very difficult.
The new app has a greater emphasis on effects such as making all the lights in your house flicker like a candle or perform an epilepsy-inducing strobe. Pointless. Classic case of ‘can we do this’ instead of ‘should we do this’.
The app development team at LIFX should be ashamed at their lack of user testing. Clearly they’ve been given too much freedom to be ‘artistic’ without any checks on actual usability. I hate this new app and every loyal customer of LIFX will too. I wish I went with the Hue.
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 168 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.