With Lightning Tracker app you will know about lightning strikes around you. At a glance you can see how close lightning and decide if you should stay outdoors or be safer inside. Thunderstorm movement and intensity is displayed on a simple, interactive map. When thunderstorms develop, remember to watch this app to see live strikes near your area or anywhere around the nation.
* Live lightning strikes near your area or anywhere in the American continents
* Which direction do thunderstorms move? Analyze speed, direction of movement and intensity of thunderstorm systems using interactive map and decide when storms are most likely to hit your area
* Provides visualizations of lightning strikes occurred up to 6 hours
* Provides a detailed look at past lightning frequency and trends
* You can also check for lightning near saved locations
* Provides auto-updated realtime map of lightning strikes
* New lightning strikes have a white animated circle which gets smaller
* Lightning strikes are displayed as circles and fade from white (current) to dark brown (10 minutes ago) to blue (greater than 10 minutes and up to 6 hours ago with 15-minute intervals)
Thunderstorm is coming? Protect Yourself with Lightning Tracker!
This release includes minor bug fixes and provides better support for iOS 17 and iPhone 15.
Ratings and Reviews
First time using it with storms in almost all-quadrants; spot markings seem to agree with visual reference as strikes were mostly well defined bolts so that reference on the app screen could be easily confirmed. I need to work more with the app. Advertisements were not too intrusive and relatively easy to look at.
No distance? Am I missing something?
It’s really cool, though the important metric for basically every single outdoor sport is, no lightning within the last 30 minutes. This only shows different colored dots for up to 10 minutes old. It would be much better if it would show a different color for strikes up to 30 minutes old. Secondly, without any distance on the map, there’s no way to know how close the lightning is to you. 10 miles is the magic number. Please put some kind of distance marker on the map - or I’m missing the setting to add it.
As an athletic trainer and my responsibility to keep safety of athletes in mind I’m constantly looking for new apps that are better and more consistent with exact distance. I think this could be pretty good for what I need. Needs some more options and maybe where everything is at but I like how It shows where exactly and different colors for time away but wish It had exact time. Because for me I need any lightening within ten miles activity is held for 30 minutes if this could do that, could be huge for my line of work for athletic trainers and coaches!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your opinion! We're happy that you find Lightning Tracker useful! We plan to add support for this already.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elecont LLC
- 65.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2019-2024 Elecont LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads & Limits $2.99