Fast. Simple. Predictive high-resolution Weather radar. Severe Weather warnings. Storm tracks and future projections. Satellite cloud animation.
Use Radar HD to see what Weather is coming your way! Add your favorite locatoins on the map and get current Weather conditions at-a-glance!
Radar shows areas of current precipitation or future simulated radar prediction!. A Weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
Using the data from Storm Prediction Center and Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (SPC & GDAC) Radar HD provides information about tropical storms and hurricanes for locations worldwide, areas affected by storms and severe Weather, coordinates and wind speed, storm tracks & path projections.
Satellite images provide an excellent view on the clouds in the sky and an indication of the Weather over the United states, Europe, Japan, Australia and Indonesia.
Satellite images come from satellites which remain above a fixed point on the Earth (i.e. they are “geostationary”). Lighter areas of cloud show where the cloud tops are cooler and therefore where Weather features like fronts and shower clouds are.
The app also allows you to check the Weather on your favorite places on maps. Interactive map includes live international Weather conditions, local Weather and time, ten-day forecasts and sunrise/sunset times for multiple places. You can add placemarks on the map to represent your favorite places or the places you’d like to visit. At a glance you can see the time and Weather for all of your favorites.
* Predictive Weather radar
* Simulated radar prediction for the next 60 minutes using five-minute intervals
* The real time radar images provided by NEXRAD an accurate view of the Weather situation in the U.S.
* Storm / hurricane / typhoon tracker and projected paths (International and Global)
* All severe Weather alerts on interactive map, 126 Weather alert types (U.S.)
* High resolution Weather radar. Stunning and sharp images. (U.S.)
* Animated satellite images of cloud cover (US, EU, Japan, Australia)
* Current Weather conditions directly on the map. 130,000 locations worldwide.
* Current Weather details and ten-day forecast in pop-up window.
* three different layers to get the Weather: ground stations, radar and satellite.
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* displays current position on the map
* saves and restores your last position
* adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
Thank you for using Radar HD app! In this update we focused on various stability improvements
Fixed issue when current weather conditions window don't pop-up in some conditions.
Fixed issue with app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Good radar coverage, screen too small on Mac
SInce Clime stopped working properly on the Mac, I have been seeking a NOAA moving map similar to Clime. This app works pretty well and I am satisfied with it for the price.
The only problem is that the app will not go full screen on a Mac, but retains the formatting for an iPad, in the middle of the larger screen, instead.
I have been using this radar app for quite some time now and I like how accurate and clear the data and graphics are. I live in Central Florida where storms can pop up out of nowhere and sometimes they can be strong to severe storms and I also depend on it when we get hurricanes threatening the east coast of Florida. If you are looking for a pretty and accurate radar then this is the radar app for you I can not tell you how many times this app has saved my life from hurricanes and tornadoes you will not be disappointed if you get this app.
When I was looking for a weather app the only thing I wanted was up to the minute radar so that I would know if there were any storms approaching my home or not. This only allows me to zoom in close and the location pin is right over my home so I know if a storm is going to hit me or go around me. The fact that I live in Florida and I walk everywhere I go it is important to know if it is safe to walk to the store or not. This app gives me exactly what I want.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elecont LLC
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2021 Elecont LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.