Bring Lincoln+Alexa with You on the Road: Access to Alexa in your Lincoln is now as easy as connecting your phone, starting the Lincoln+Alexa app and speaking to Alexa. Even with road noise, Alexa listens and provides you with the same information and access to Skills and features as you can get with an Echo in your home. Alexa’s familiar voice and responses then play through your vehicle’s speakers. You can access thousands of Alexa skills and services that Echo customers already enjoy. Pump yourself up on the way to the gym by saying, “Alexa, play my workout playlist.” Continue the book you were listening to, even during your commute to work. Check whether you have dinner plans on the drive home by asking, “Alexa, what’s on my calendar tonight?”
• Alexa Capabilities: You will have access to most the same capabilities as you do from home, including controlling your smart home devices, ordering pizza, checking the weather, getting your favorites sports teams scores, checking and updating your schedule and more.
• Navigation: You can ask Alexa for a point of interest (POI) and ask Alexa to navigate to the POI. Alexa will hand off the POI to the onboard navigation when equipped or to your phone to provide you with turn by turn directions.
• Entertainment: Using Amazon Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio you will be able use Alexa to play music (skip, fast forward, rewind, play, and pause) and even make song purchases. The vehicle’s display will show artist, song, and album art information.
SYNC 3 Software Version 2.2 or higher is required. You can check the Software Version on the SYNC 3 touchscreen by pressing: Settings > General > About SYNC. The top line will show the current Software Version (SYNC 3, Software Version: X.X). Customers can upgrade to the current Software Version using automatic home Wi-Fi updates* or a USB download from owner.lincoln.com.
*Wi-Fi updates may not be available for SYNC 3 versions not equipped with navigation.
Ratings and Reviews
It works but needs improvement. Waze does not open unless already running before plugging in. Accuweather and Pandora sometimes does not show up on Sync 3. 2017 Lincoln Sync 3 ver 2.3, iPhone 7 iOS 11.4
Step in right direction but disappointing
The biggest issue I have with the app is that you must disable Apple Car Play in order to use this app. Why couldn’t this app be written to run on top of Apple car play as one of its available apps? Other major problem is that you must change the source in Sync3 to Alexa, otherwise Alexa won’t hear responses.
I am a Lincoln MKX 2016 user running Sync3 with Apple Car Play. Lincoln has done a great job in making Car Play an option for me in my 2016, but to be forced to disable Car Play and this app only available on one Sync3 source is not a great design that will entice usage.
Version 1.0.4 Won’t Launch
Version 1.0.4 crashes completely on every launch (2017 Navigator; Sync 2.2; iOS 11.2.6). Other Lincoln owners report the same. I’m not as much upset as deeply disappointed. 😞
UPDATE: Finally got the app to run after an uninstall, phone restart, reinstall, register and sync. That’s not rocket science to accomplish, but time and patience consuming - and should not have been necessary.
- Lincoln Motor Company Inc.
- 50.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Lincoln Motor Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.