Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic by using your iPad. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a mixer, transport control, and a flexible Touch Instrument.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*iPhone version is limited to use with Logic Pro X and GarageBand for transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, access to key commands, and Touch Instruments for piano keyboard with optional scale modes, guitar, bass, drum kits, drum pads, smart strings, and chord strips.
Requires iOS 11 or later.
Support requires Logic Pro X v10.3, MainStage v3.3, GarageBand v10.1.5 or later
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it but....
So let me start with, when I first downloaded the app I was running on OS 10.9. The controller worked great! I could mix from different positions, which was awesome! Then, me wanting to stay with the latest technology, kept up with the updates to find out this app would no longer support my OS and I had to upgrade my OS to continue to use it.
That's BS! I say that because I use 2 DAWs, Pro Tools 10 and Logic X. If I update my OS, I can no longer use PT 10. I know this is a free app, and I'm not upgrading my OS for something so minute of a luxury. It's unfortunate because I liked the app so much. Why can't this software be backwards compatible? Or give me the option to download the previous versions before the OS requirement. Or make a controller for the older OS systems?
Not native resolution on 10.5” iPad Pro
I’ve been using the app since it was first introduced, and it is a great control surface app... especially since wireless networking issues were resolved. I wish the transport controls were at the bottom of the screen, and larger, however... my only gripe, besides the strangeness of seeing it upscaled for the iPad Pro 10.5” display... surely they could fit another fader or two on that display. Who cares if it is a multiple of 2, 4, or 8? Another fader is another fader. Looking forward to having this rectified. Not a huge deal-breaker, of course, since it does so many other things very well. Just the anal side of me that being a life-long Apple user has produced.
Although I am new to Logic Pro X, I find this app to be a very useful companion to the DAW itself. I have been working on the program with this app ever since and, when I don’t, I see the difference! Being able to play instruments from the iPad makes the experience more enjoyable and productive, in my opinion. The keyboard shortcuts, with the functions named, are just amazing. I mean... you don’t have to guess, or remember which key does what; it’s written, there, to make your life better. The app is well thought out and makes the work flow smooth and pleasant. I do really enjoy using it.
- Apple Inc.
- 567.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.