Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro and GarageBand on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic or GarageBand by using your iPad or iPhone. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a mixer, transport control, and a flexible Touch Instrument.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Control Live Loops by triggering cells or switching between scenes
• Program beats, bass lines, and melodic parts in Step Sequencer
• Perform Remix FX over individual tracks or the entire song
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*Smart Controls, Sound Library navigation, Smart Help, full mixer, and access to plug-in controls are available only on iPad
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
While everyone knows how great this app and Logic are, its kinda messed up, if you read all of the reviews from upset users, that you don’t do a very simple thing to prevent the issue where a users app updates and its not backwards compatible with their Logic. Apple you have the data on all the user’s machines. You know I have a Mac Pro 3,1 that only supports El Capitan and therefore only supports Logic Pro X 10.2 (I think, I forget exact version). All you have to do is block inter-system apps like Logic Remote and Keynote Remote from updating if you detect a Mac in the users account will not be compatible with the update. A lot of people will be very happy. And tbh, you should probably give people back backwards compatibility in the next release and then do this the right way, the smart way, the Apple way, going forward.
While I did end up buying a Mac that supports Catalina, I didnt buy a new one, because my hardware requirements are so specific I cant just buy a new Mac even if I wanted to. I think this is true for quite a few audio folks, so in the event this is a business strategy, it probably won’t sell as many Macs as it might frustrate some folks to “switch”. I’m sure you’ve done your market research, but still there’s enough data to prevent this in the first place, and I dont think upsetting people and breaking their setups is a good way to sell computers. Maybe if youre Microsoft, but not if youre Apple. Cheers.
Not backward compatible. Knife in the back
This app is not backwards compatible with logic below 10.5. So, my 24 3.5 gHZ xeon cores, 128 gB ram ssd equipped Mac Pro is now ‘old’ and ‘weak’. So no new logic for me. And, since iOS does not allow managing versions of the installed apps - I get this, a useless companion app for software I cannot install.
Beware. If you have automatic updates turned on - you’re in trouble.
If your ios device would need repair - you’re in trouble.
The answer I’m afraid is not fun: apple is not an investment in your future tools but investment in their marketing department.
Switch to a good multi platform package like Studio One, Ableton or Steinberg before it is too late. That would give you more peace of mind, healthier nerve system and will save you a lot of money in the years to come.
I was thinking can we....
I been an logic user since Logic Pro 7 and I must say we’ve come a long way. I’m aware their are quite a bit of concerns on the back end logic of the logic remote, yet I’m not here to speak on it at this time. As a songwriter I find this tool extremely helpful , especially when your recording yourself and want to eliminate the back and forth to the control room - I was wondering if by chance you can integrate the notepad project and track functions on the app - this helps with documenting lyrics and calling out those specifics for the mixer per track - it be nice to never have to leave the booth - it also would be nice not to have to go back and forth between the notepad app - idk, maybe similarly to the way the audio recording (voice memo) has been ended to logic - is it possible to tag notepad notes the a session? Just throwing out ideas - I myself am just a novice developer but I’m sure you guys can figure it out. I’d love to hear back - this would be a game changer for us songwriters in the industry
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 202.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.