The most powerful and versatile tool for viewing and editing custom maps, surveying, editing or managing mass of your geography or travel data.
● You can use Map Plus as a professional GIS tool for geographic data gathering, editing, measuring, cartography, surveying, planning, online/offline viewing and many other management.
● You can also use Map Plus to help your outdoor activities and global travels, for trip planning, offline map downloading, track/photo/video recording, or sharing memories with friends.
Besides common map features such as locating, searching, Map Plus has many more special:
● Supports importing offline map files such as MBTiles.
● Supports both EPSG:4326 and Web Mercator (EPSG:3857) for raster maps; Supports offset maps using China GCJ-02 datum.
● Importing and exporting KML/KMZ files with full styles, extended data and "gx" extension support.
● Importing and exporting GIS vector files, such as SHP, TAB, GEOJSON, GML/GZ with all EPSG projections/CRS. (using GDAL)
● Importing/Exporting AutoCAD DXF files with blocks, mtext, xdata and affine transformation support for coordinates mapping.
● Importing files of CSV, GDB, MPS, WPT, EVT, PLT, PNT, RTE, etc.
● On-map Editing with Drag-Drop and Magnetic Snap support for all places, tracks, lines, polygons, circles, rectangles, text overlays, etc.
● GPS Track Recording with auto-recovery, custom time zone and background mode support.
● Path Following with voice guidance for own lines/tracks or searched out direction routes.
● Displaying photos and videos on the map based on locations.
● Managing mass data with multi-level folders, layers, bulk operations, shortcuts, tags and fuzzy searches. Advanced Search supports expressions and property conditions.
● Using Feature Class for bulk editing and managing on similar (same kind) features and layers all together. Supports bulk Attributes Merge and Link Relationship Building between features of different classes.
● Conditional Style, Script Property and Expression provide dynamic content of rendering, attributes and text labels.
● Customizable pop-up panel for selecting items on the map with HTML, JS and CSS support to make your own forms, layout and rich-formatted content.
● Displaying coordinates in MGRS or UTM.
● Photo Markup enables you to add arrows, texts, shapes, icons and free-hand draws to a photo.
● Browser Access enables you to upload and view data from a web browser on PC/Mac within a Wi-Fi network, or play slideshow on your TV for travel photos.
● Sharing or transferring data via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, iCloud, SMS, Email, QR codes, Open-In, AirDrop or many other ways.
● Backup & Restore function helps you backup/restore data to/from files or iCloud easily.
● Many more fantastic and free functions could not be fully listed here, such as Guide Mark, Arrival Notification, Photo Mode, Map Level Adjust, Custom Icons, Photo/Video Attachments, Image Overlay, Text Overlay, Fast Editing, Distance/Perimeter/Area Measuring, Custom Time Zone, etc.
* Fixed a bug which causes saving photo failed on iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Clean and Powerful
I am just starting to navigate my way around all the tools within the app. As a Google Maps user is was difficult to figure out the layering and editing tools in Maps Plus. The OIS based map is so much cleaner than the Google Maps which has all the commercial clutter visible. Maps Plus (full feature) just has so many custom editing tools that allow me to add much information in a visually pleasing way. The record option is my favorite for creating a directional map that is not the standard Point A address to Point B address. I can now just record my travel thru commercial areas, parking lots, shortcuts etc. I haven’t found a way to keep the app in Edit Mode. I have to toggle back on after each “saved” edit. A little annoying.
The biggest draw back is the lack of a tutorial on how to create simple layers that have different features visible on demand. Everything seems to be in a folder system that is a little cumbersome. It would be great to have an option to have all folders open and be able to drag edits to desired folder and be able to one click on visibility of everything in that folder. I’ve been looking for a mapping tool like this for years. GREAT APP!!
I’m not the typical user and STILL find the app awesome.
Before running out to a store to buy an “old” paper map to draw on and mark-up, I figured I’d check in the AppStore to see what kinds of maps were available to be marked up with unlimited “pins” and locations. After downloading a few apps and quickly becoming disappointed with them, and thus deleting them from my phone, I was leaning towards going with the “old” paper map purchase.
I came across this app and wasn’t expecting much for what I wanted to use it for, which was the placing of unlimited travel destination “pins” all over the world, I downloaded it because it was free.
I quickly came to the realization of how powerful this app is and decided to purchase the full-featured app, justifying the cost as being similar for the paper map idea I had.
I have no clue of what most of the tools do, but for my purposes, this is absolutely perfect.
Thank you for this open-ended map!!
I use this app principally to view georeferenced maps while out mapping in the field and can easily overlay Topo and geo maps, and while using my built in GPS unit on my IPad can precisely locate myself. Overall a great map for dropping pin locations and attach photos such that they are GPS referenced. However, my only complaint is the line drawing functionality. If developers could add a line drawing function that is more organic, such as using your finger to draw the line, that’d be a great add. If better line drawing functionality would be incorporated, it would make it such a great mapping app. As it stands, it is a great tool if you have referenced maps to use in the field or trying to plan transects without lugging around numerous paper maps.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Miocool Inc.
- 57.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2019, Duwei Technology Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Full-Function Package $19.99
- Enhanced Map $0.99
- Remove Advertisements $3.99
- Enhanced Format $2.99
- Enhanced Editing $5.99
- Enhanced GIS $4.99
- Donate $1.99
- Large File Support $0.99
- Enhanced Photo $8.99
- Export GPX Support $2.99