Whether you’re working with teammates on a project or planning a weekend activity with loved ones, Microsoft Teams helps bring people together so that they can get things done. It’s the only app that has chats, meetings, files, tasks, and calendars in one place—so you can easily connect with people and bring plans to life. Get family and friends together to manage tasks at home or plan a surprise birthday party. Work with teammates via secure meetings, document collaboration, and built-in cloud storage. You can do it all in Microsoft Teams.
Easily connect with anyone:
• Meet securely with teammates, family, and friends. Set up a video meeting within seconds and invite anyone by sharing a link or calendar invite.
• Chat 1-1 or in group chats with friends or colleagues. @mention people in chats to get their attention.
• Dedicated channels help create a focused workspace for important projects.
• Video call anyone directly in Teams or instantly convert a group chat to video call.
• GIFs, emojis, and message animations make it easier to express yourself when words aren’t enough.
Accomplish plans and projects together:
• Task lists allow you to stay on top of work projects or plans with family and friends. Assign tasks, set due dates, and cross off completed tasks to keep everyone on the same page.
• File sharing in chats makes it easier to coordinate on work assignments or personal projects.
• Cloud storage makes it easy to access shared documents and files on the go.
• Dashboard view neatly organizes all shared content—photos, files, tasks, links—so you don’t have to spend time looking for things*.
• Screenshare, whiteboard, or breakout in virtual rooms to get most out of your work meetings.
Designed to give you peace of mind:
• Securely collaborate with external partners for work assignments while maintaining control over your data.
• Store important information such as subscription passwords in a digital Safe*.
• Enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Microsoft 365**.
*Available when using Microsoft Teams with your personal account.
**Commercial features of this app require a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription or a trial subscription of Microsoft Teams for work. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at email@example.com. EU Contract Summary: aka.ms/EUContractSummary
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A very good app for to connect from anywhere, anytime
So I got introduced to Microsoft Teams when my school explained that they were going to use it as their mode of classes during the pandemic. Before this I never knew that there was an application like this. (School or Work account) When I started using Teams, everything was crystal clear and I could easily access documents or links uploaded anywhere. The in built features like activity, calendar, files and tasks helped me organize all my work and kept it easy to stay on top. But I think you could fix an issue in where assignments is not loading if I go to it directly making it cumbersome to go though each team and check the assignments. (Personal account) I have only used this feature recently and it was just great. All you need is an email account to sign in. It was really smooth and I accessed any material in my groups instantly. We could create as many groups as we want without confusion and schedule meetings and call others anytime from around the world. I personally liked this app as it was par to many leading chat apps like WhatsApp, telegram etc.
At work they have transitioned from an email service to Teams. So I’m using it weather I want to or not. I like teams for collaborative work on documents, we don’t have to each edit our own copies and then try to merge all the copies together somehow, we can all work on the original document together.
The chat function is fine except you cannot delete chats, you can only hide and mute them. So every chat group I have ever been in is still there just muted and hidden. There is no way to clear chats or teams. Whatever has been written will stay there forever unless everyone in the chat/team/channel deletes each and every post or comment they made. The same goes for activity. I have thousands of notifications in the activity tab that cannot be deleted.
It makes the app feel very cluttered all the time. WhatsApp is way better in my opinion for chatting but of course the company wants better privacy than WhatsApp so now all our communication must go through Teams.
Another problem I have encountered is using the calendar in teams, it doesn’t link up with outlook calendars very well, sometimes at all. So when we need to schedule a team call, I have to exit teams, check outlook calendars and then go back to teams.
Anyway, there are some good things about teams but it could be so much better if they made some functionality improvements. I don’t have much hope that much will change however, making the user experience better isn’t a cornerstone of Microsoft.
Great EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE THING…
Ok, so I broke down and downloaded the app to my iPhone sometime during the summer of 2021 because I supervise a lot of people and babysit the rest of the office so I was constantly being hounded by every method possible (texts, calls to my cell and desk, emails, and Teams). Every time I stepped away from my desk for even five minutes there was a crisis I had to handle immediately so I wasn’t able to see or respond to missed Teams messages until I got back to my computer. I would’ve given it a full five stars BUT, several months ago the emojis just vanished from my phone app. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and logging out and back in, but alas, there’s just empty black space where the emojis should be. I’ve discovered that if I tap on a random place in the blank space, it DOES throw an emoji up for me but I have no way to know which one I’m accidentally choosing! I’ve seen other people post that they have the same issue but that glitch has been there for months and Microsoft hasn’t fixed it yet. For an industry giant like Microsoft, that’s unacceptable. A lot of people may think it’s no biggie but I use emojis a lot to soften what I’m saying when I have to inform one of my staff that they screwed up. People appreciate that more gentle approach. So yeah. I’m done with my rant now.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 304.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.