Minnesota 511 is the Minnesota Department of Transportation's (MnDOT) official traffic and traveler information resource. The Minnesota 511 app provides statewide, real-time traffic information for interstates, U.S. routes, and state highways in Minnesota, including:
- Hands-free, eyes-free audio notifications of traffic events while you drive
- Zoom-enabled map with selectable event icons
- Near real-time updates on winter road conditions, traffic incidents, and road closures
- Roadwork and construction
- Travel time delays associated with traffic reports (look for the orange glowing icons)
- Current traffic speeds
- Roadside camera images
- Road weather information
- Hands-free, eyes-free audio notifications of traffic events while you drive.
- Snow plow camera images
- Rest area locations including real-time truck parking availability for select state-run rest areas along I-94 and I-35
- Electronic roadway sign messages
Learn about Minnesota's Law on wireless communication devices in vehicles at https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=169.475
Plow Camera disclaimer can be found at http://hb.511mn.org/Your511/PlowCameraDisclaimer.html
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Added channel ID to Google Maps API
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t put a bet on it
Looked at it early am up by Minneapolis said partially covered everywhere, checked later in am and said all roads were seasonal I got up here and every road is covered in ice who updates the road conditions because they need to find a new profession
LOVE this app!!!
If you’re dealing w/the April blizzard today this app might save you! You can see what the roads are like via traffic cams along your route, it tells you everything that’s happening on roads from crashes, closures, speeds, etc as it’s happening. I love that the app will ‘talk’ tell you what’s happening so you don’t have to take your eyes off the road. Very simple and easy to use app. Great design, smartly done. Thank you!!
I check the roads every time i want to leave. Today at 11:15 am it told me the roads were normal.... guess what they were icy as hell. I looked at the update time and it was between 3 am and 6 am. That’s dangerous that you dont constantly update road conditions. It snowed this morning and it wasn’t taken into consideration. I depend on knowing current road conditions to safely travel. In the past i have noticed this same problem: road conditions are not current! Hwy 6 north from deer river still hasnt been updated since 3 am this morning it is 3:03 pm now and the road is slick! Im supposed to be able to depend on this app for my safety.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- 27.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Minnesota Department of Transportation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.