Manage complicated projects (without the complexity). Free two-week trial.
OmniPlan gives you the power to manage complexity by helping you view, edit, and organize projects. Effortlessly track your progress, manage your team, and continuously improve your processes with features including Gantt charts, network diagrams, resource leveling, collaboration, multi-project dashboards, milestones, and critical path highlighting.
Manage simple or complex projects—all at a glance.
Purchase or subscribe to OmniPlan once for full access to OmniPlan on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Subscription Terms of Service: https://www.omnigroup.com/legal
OmniPlan 4.4 improves OmniPlan’s leveling and scheduling logic on all platforms, and introduces localizations on iPad and iPhone. OmniPlan 4 is now localized in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish on all platforms.
• Leveling — Leveling now supports assigning a resource group that contains only equipment resources with 0% efficiency (previously this would trigger a “no dependency chain available” violation). This is useful for automatically assigning an available conference room from a resource group of conference rooms, for example.
• Leveling — Improved leveling logic related to resource availability.
• Leveling — A warning is now presented when leveling could cause a hammock task to stretch endlessly due to an assigned resource that is also in the dependency chain for the hammock’s end date.
• Omni Account — Closing an Omni Account can now be initiated via the Omni Account window.
• Omni Automation — Omni Automation improvements. For more detail, see the Omni Automation Release Notes (available in the Automation API Reference via the Automation menu in the menu bar).
• Printing — Projects now always print with a white background and black text, regardless of current theme.
• iCloud — OmniPlan iCloud folder now reliably displays in Finder.
• Export — Nested rows are no longer blank when exporting only the task outline from Outline or Resource View.
• Export — Fixed a bug that prevented successfully exporting “Task Outline Only” from Resource View
• Leveling — Leveling no longer unassigns resources assigned to manually scheduled tasks.
• Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause resource start dates to interfere with accurately scheduling tasks set to “Task progress requires: Any of the assigned resources.”
• Leveling — Leveling a “Adjust Assigned Amounts” task that is assigned to multiple resources no longer over assigns units to resources with less than 100% unit availability (previously, OmniPlan split the assigned amount evenly across all assigned resources, regardless of individual resource availability).
• Leveling — Resource leveling no longer gives up on scheduling long sequences of as-late-as-possible tasks that end up determining the project end date in projects scheduled from a fixed start.
• Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause leveling to repeatedly split and merge partially completed tasks.
• Leveling — ALAP milestones in a forward project now level correctly.
• Localization — Opted out of macOS Monterey’s keyboard shortcut localizing so keyboard shortcuts are consistent with past versions for all keyboard layouts.
• Scheduling — One hour tasks are now scheduled as expected over standard to daylight savings time changeover.
• Scheduling — Hammock task now round to whole days as expected in projects set to daily scheduling granularity.
• Stability — Project schedules containing a zero effort split task no longer trigger a crash.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a hammock task between ASAP & ALAP tasks in some project schedules.
• Styles — Improved reliability of font color display.
• Undetermined Dates — Undetermined dates entered with a space between T and plus/minus operator now properly default to workday start/end times.
• Violations — A violation is now presented when a resource is over-allocated due to simultaneous manually scheduled tasks.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
The “free” 2-week trial is disingenuous
I need a project planning tool,
This looks like a great one.
I would like to try using it during the “free trial”, but I can’t. The two week free trial is in “read only” mode, where I can’t make a project to try it out.
Yes, I could sign up for the monthly subscription- but I’m not going to, (1) now I have to remember to cancel it if I don’t like this app, and (2) I feel lied to. The product description didn’t say anything about a read-only trial, it’s only in the app.
And to me, that is disingenuous & I cannot support that
Absolutely overpriced, buggy and mediocre when it does work
Version 4 is no different than 3 from what I could see. A few new features that do not help with scheduling, just fluff.
Omniplan 3 is now broken and unusable and the fix is to buy a new version. Why would I buy a new version when we are still waiting on fixes from the previous version?
I have been trying to use Omniplan 3 for a few years to run my fabrication shop schedule. It has had the same bugs and short comings since day 1. But instead of fixing the one I paid for they made version 4 and said I can upgrade. I paid for the full pro version and was amazed at how buggy it was. And, when it did work it was mediocre at best. We deceived to go with Omniplan and get 1 dedicated Mac just for this software only to find out you can only share with other Omniplan users. So I have to print out screen shots or PDF’s to share with my team. And the tech support, that’s a just message board that has long been abounded I have questions up there for almost a year and not a single person from Omniplan has even bothered to acknowledge them.
Decent C Student
in 1989 I ran MacProject on a 16 MHz 68030 Mac IIcx which was roughly 80 times slower than my current MacBook Pro, yet MacProject had signifiantly more capablity and better usablity.
OmniPlan still lacks the more sophisticated "network" or PERT Chart capablities of MacProject 31 years ago. OmniPlan still lacks the ablity to have sub-projects, like MacProject had, which makes OmniPlan less than enterprise grade.
MacProject was one reason why senior management at Sabre ran Macs in the 80/90's, because MS Project did not come close.
This tool is the best we have today for project planning, but by far not the best we have had.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Omni Group
- 96.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2022
- In-App Purchases
- OmniPlan Subscription $19.99
- Unlock Standard $199.99
- OmniPlan Subscription $199.99
- Upgrade to v4 Pro $199.99
- Upgrade to v4 Standard $99.99
- Unlock Pro $399.99
- Free Upgrade to v4 Pro $0.00
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro $199.99
- Upgrade from Standard to Pro $99.99
- Free Upgrade to v4 Standard $0.00