Pantograph gives you insights into your commute—and the whole transit system—like no app before it. Every active bus, train, ferry, and streetcar from supported agencies is visible on one map, empowering you with information only before seen by dispatchers. When you know your stop, see realtime departure estimates for every route that goes by.
Pantograph is named after the part of an electric train that connects it to the overhead electrical wire—just likes it connects you vital information about the transit network.
• Identify at a glance areas where vehicles across all routes are getting delayed.
• View statistics for all vehicles on the map, including how many are on-time, running later than usual, currently serving each route, and more.
• View current vehicle passenger load and capacity (supported agencies only).
• See route and stop schedules with realtime updates based on current conditions, and save favorite stops for later.
• Customize what data is displayed on vehicle icons.
• See an up-to-the-minute report on how many trips are being missed each day.
• Add widgets showing the status of a selection of routes.
• Learn exactly which bus, train, or ferry is serving each trip, as well as its model information—helping you get a more enjoyable ride.
• View the full set of trips each vehicle will be serving today, as well as each trip's full stop schedule.
• Browse the daily schedule for each route.
• Explore the full assignment history for every route and vehicle, helping you learn what routes get certain kinds of buses, track down the bus you left your headphones on, follow new additions to the fleet, and more.
With a Pantograph Pro subscription, you can also:
• Take advantage of a powerful filtering system, allowing you to show vehicles only on certain routes, from certain agencies, and more.
• See how "normal" a specific bus's current schedule delay is, gaining further insight on current system performance.
• Customize the app, such as changing the app icon to a variety of different color schemes, or controlling which buttons appear in the action bar.
Currently available in:
• Greater Puget Sound (9 agencies: King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Everett Transit, Seattle Streetcar, Whatcom Transportation Authority, and Washington State Ferries)
• Eastern Washington (Spokane, Pullman)
• Vancouver, BC (TransLink)
• Portland, McMinnville, Eugene, and Corvallis, OR (TriMet, Yamhill County Transit, Lane Transit District, Corvallis Transit System, Benton Area Transit)
• The San Francisco Bay Area (24 agencies: SF Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit, Marin Transit, Tri Delta Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Dumbarton Express, Sonoma County Transit, Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit, Santa Rose CityBus, The Vine, Union City Transit, SolTrans, Fairfield and Suisun Transit, Petaluma Transit, MVgo, Emery Go-Round, PresidiGo)
• Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD (WMATA, DC Circulator, MTA Maryland, Arlington Transit, Fairfax Connector, Virginia Railway Express)
• Boston, MA (MBTA)
• Providence, RI (RIPTA)
• Philadelphia, PA (SEPTA)
• Minneapolis, MN (Metro Transit, Met Council, Maple Grove Transit, Plymouth Metrolink, Southwest Transit, Northstar)
• Denver and Boulder, CO (RTD, Via)
• Islands of O'ahu, Maui, and Kaua'i; Hawai'i (The Bus, Maui Bus, and The Kaua'i Bus)
• ...with more on the way!
If you choose to purchase a Pantograph Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Fixes issue that caused devices on iOS 14 to crash when opening certain views. Also improves Handoff and Deep Linking for some users, and enables Server Status for Minneapolis. Previous fixes for Widgets and stop departures performance. Major release notes:
Realtime arrivals estimates are here! Every schedule in the app will now show realtime arrival times for every available trip.
But that's not all... Pantograph now includes stop departure boards! Find your stop and see a list of upcoming departures—with realtime arrival predictions. Plus, you can save your favorite stops and rename them for quick access.
Oh, and check out the new icon! This update includes a beautiful new logo with an associated brand refresh (and new custom icons for Pro subscribers).
There's a bunch more in this update, including:
• Vehicle direction arrows
• Improved support for block numbers
• Server status screen (just in case!)
• More agencies in several regions, including some without realtime vehicle data
• More customization of the vehicle info popup.
• And a few other little surprises.
Thanks for using Pantograph! Looking forward to some new regions soon, with some other fun features along the way. Also check out the web version, which just got completely overhauled, at www.pantographapp.com
Ratings and Reviews
Best transit agency system info app!
It’s a birds eye view of all the in-service buses and trains of many transit agencies with customizable icons that display the info you select, all tracked in real time. Search features, block schedules, stop time points. No other transit app comes close to offering the wealth of information made available here.
Much Better than Trip Planner and Maps But Still Not Perfect
This app is a great way to track your bus if you are a frequent bus rider because you can see exactly how early or late the bus is running. You can even toggle a color setting where blue is early, green is on time and red is late. Unfortunately you still cannot track Community Shuttles and DART vans.
Peace of mind!
I love this app! Most mornings when I catch the bus I’m running late. A quick check of Pantograph will tell me if I missed my bus or not. I think it’s very intuitive and easy to use.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Round Trip Productions, LLC
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2022 Round Trip Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pantograph Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Pantograph Pro (Yearly) $9.99