Pantograph gives you insights into your commute—and the whole transit system—like no app before it. Every active bus, train, ferry, and streetcar from supported agencies is visible on one map, empowering you with information only before seen by dispatchers.
• Identify at a glance areas where vehicles across all routes are getting delayed.
• View statistics for all vehicles on the map, including how many are on-time, running later than usual, currently serving each route, and more.
• View current vehicle passenger load and capacity (supported agencies only).
• Customize what data is displayed on bus icons.
• Enable the Today Widget for at-a-glance information on how your preferred routes are performing.
• Learn exactly which vehicle or ferry is serving each trip, as well as its model information—helping you get a more enjoyable ride.
• View the full set of trips each vehicle will be serving today, as well as each trip's full stop schedule.
• Explore the full assignment history for every route and vehicle, helping you learn what routes get certain kinds of buses, track down the bus you left your headphones on, follow new additions to the fleet, and more.
With a Pantograph Pro subscription, you can also:
• Take advantage of a powerful filtering system, allowing you to show vehicles only on certain routes, from certain agencies, and more.
• See how "normal" a specific bus's current schedule delay is, gaining further insight on current system performance.
• Change the app icon to a variety of different color schemes.
Currently available in:
• Greater Puget Sound (King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Everett Transit, Seattle Streetcar, and Washington State Ferries)
• Greater Vancouver, BC (TransLink)
• Portland, OR (TriMet)
• Eugene, OR (Lane Transit District)
• ...with plans for more on the way!
Pantograph is named after the part of an electric train that connects it to the overhead electrical wire—just likes it connects you vital information about the transit network.
If you choose to purchase a Pantograph Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Support for Vancouver, BC; Portland, OR; and Eugene, OR
- Show vehicle crowding information when available (only on TriMet)
- Show time a vehicle's trip will start if it's reporting on layover
- Adjust some vehicle colors and add colors for CT Swift
- Disable presentation of schedule deviation typicality when unavailable (currently disabled globally due to pandemic interference)
- Display a "flair" for certain coaches with special appearance, such as a Pride Bus or Reindeer Bus
- A number of important bug fixes and performance enhancements (e.g. assignment history filtering should work better now)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Much Better than Trip Planner and Maps But Still Not Perfect
This app is a great way to track your bus if you are a frequent bus rider because you can see exactly how early or late the bus is running. You can even toggle a color setting where blue is early, green is on time and red is late. Unfortunately you still cannot track Community Shuttles and DART vans.
So THAT’S where the bus is.
I loved the original web version of the transit tracker. This is nicely refined and responsive. Found the app’s announcement on the Seattle Transit Blog.
Thanks for your work, Kona!
- Kona Farry
- 21.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Kona Farry
- In-App Purchases
- Pantograph Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Pantograph Pro (Yearly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.