Pantograph gives you insights into your commute—and the whole transit system—like no app before it. Every active bus, train, ferry, and streetcar from supported agencies is visible on one map, empowering you with information only before seen by dispatchers.
Pantograph is named after the part of an electric train that connects it to the overhead electrical wire—just likes it connects you vital information about the transit network.
• Identify at a glance areas where vehicles across all routes are getting delayed.
• View statistics for all vehicles on the map, including how many are on-time, running later than usual, currently serving each route, and more.
• View current vehicle passenger load and capacity (supported agencies only).
• Customize what data is displayed on vehicle icons.
• See an up-to-the-minute report on how many trips are being missed each day.
• Add widgets showing the status of a selection of routes (requires iOS 14).
• Learn exactly which bus, train, or ferry is serving each trip, as well as its model information—helping you get a more enjoyable ride.
• View the full set of trips each vehicle will be serving today, as well as each trip's full stop schedule.
• Browse the daily schedule for each route.
• Explore the full assignment history for every route and vehicle, helping you learn what routes get certain kinds of buses, track down the bus you left your headphones on, follow new additions to the fleet, and more.
With a Pantograph Pro subscription, you can also:
• Take advantage of a powerful filtering system, allowing you to show vehicles only on certain routes, from certain agencies, and more.
• See how "normal" a specific bus's current schedule delay is, gaining further insight on current system performance.
• Customize the app, such as changing the app icon to a variety of different color schemes, or controlling which buttons appear in the action bar.
Currently available in:
• Greater Puget Sound (9 agencies: King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Everett Transit, Seattle Streetcar, Whatcom Transportation Authority, and Washington State Ferries)
• Spokane, WA (STA)
• Greater Vancouver, BC (TransLink)
• Portland, OR (TriMet)
• McMinnville, OR (Yamhill County Transit)
• Eugene, OR (Lane Transit District)
• The San Francisco Bay Area (14 agencies: SF Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit, Marin Transit, Tri Delta Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Dumbarton Express, Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit, Santa Rose CityBus, The Vine)
• Washington, DC (WMATA Metrobus and Metrorail, MTA Maryland, Arlington Transit, Fairfax Connector, Virginia Railway Express)
• Boston, MA (MBTA)
• Providence, RI (RIPTA)
• Philadelphia, PA (SEPTA)
• Minneapolis, MN (Metro Transit, Met Council, Maple Grove Transit, Plymouth Metrolink, Southwest Transit, Northstar)
• Islands of O'ahu, Maui, and Kaua'i; Hawai'i (The Bus, Maui Bus, and The Kaua'i Bus)
• ...with more on the way!
If you choose to purchase a Pantograph Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
– All-new popup for showing information about a selected coach. All the same information, but more compact and easier to use, with quick access to the selected vehicle's schedule.
– New option in Settings to display block IDs in more places through the app. This is useful for agencies like TriMet and VTA (San Jose), who provide "real" block IDs in their feeds.
– Now available on the Hawaiian islands of O'ahu, Maui, and Kaua'i!
– Full support for the latest version of iOS.
– Support for multiple windows on iPadOS.
– Improvements to search in some places through the app.
– Various bug fixes, performance improvements, and minor adjustments, as always.
Thanks for using Pantograph!
Ratings and Reviews
Much Better than Trip Planner and Maps But Still Not Perfect
This app is a great way to track your bus if you are a frequent bus rider because you can see exactly how early or late the bus is running. You can even toggle a color setting where blue is early, green is on time and red is late. Unfortunately you still cannot track Community Shuttles and DART vans.
Best transit agency system info app!
It’s a birds eye view of all the in-service buses and trains of many transit agencies with customizable icons that display the info you select, all tracked in real time. Search features, block schedules, stop time points. No other transit app comes close to offering the wealth of information made available here.
So THAT’S where the bus is.
I loved the original web version of the transit tracker. This is nicely refined and responsive. Found the app’s announcement on the Seattle Transit Blog.
Thanks for your work, Kona!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Round Trip Productions, LLC
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2021 Round Trip Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pantograph Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Pantograph Pro (Yearly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.