Pantograph gives you insights into your commute—and the whole transit system—like no app before it. Every active bus, train, ferry, and streetcar from supported agencies is visible on one map, empowering you with information only before seen by dispatchers.
Pantograph is named after the part of an electric train that connects it to the overhead electrical wire—just likes it connects you vital information about the transit network.
• Identify at a glance areas where vehicles across all routes are getting delayed.
• View statistics for all vehicles on the map, including how many are on-time, running later than usual, currently serving each route, and more.
• View current vehicle passenger load and capacity (supported agencies only).
• Customize what data is displayed on vehicle icons.
• See an up-to-the-minute report on how many trips are being missed each day.
• Add widgets showing the status of a selection of routes (requires iOS 14).
• Learn exactly which bus, train, or ferry is serving each trip, as well as its model information—helping you get a more enjoyable ride.
• View the full set of trips each vehicle will be serving today, as well as each trip's full stop schedule.
• Browse the daily schedule for each route.
• Explore the full assignment history for every route and vehicle, helping you learn what routes get certain kinds of buses, track down the bus you left your headphones on, follow new additions to the fleet, and more.
With a Pantograph Pro subscription, you can also:
• Take advantage of a powerful filtering system, allowing you to show vehicles only on certain routes, from certain agencies, and more.
• See how "normal" a specific bus's current schedule delay is, gaining further insight on current system performance.
• Customize the app, such as changing the app icon to a variety of different color schemes, or controlling which buttons appear in the action bar.
Currently available in:
• Greater Puget Sound (9 agencies: King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Everett Transit, Seattle Streetcar, Whatcom Transportation Authority, and Washington State Ferries)
• Spokane, WA (STA)
• Greater Vancouver, BC (TransLink)
• Portland, OR (TriMet)
• McMinnville, OR (Yamhill County Transit)
• Eugene, OR (Lane Transit District)
• The San Francisco Bay Area (14 agencies: SF Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit, Marin Transit, Tri Delta Transit, County Connection, Wheels, Dumbarton Express, Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit, Santa Rose CityBus, The Vine)
• Washington, DC (WMATA Metrobus and Metrorail, MTA Maryland, Arlington Transit, Fairfax Connector)
• Philadelphia, PN (SEPTA)
• ...with more on the way!
If you choose to purchase a Pantograph Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- New: Stop names and scheduled arrival times will now appear on the map when a vehicle is selected.
- New: The action bar has been revamped! Collapse it when you need more space, and customize with more/fewer buttons (requires Pro).
- New region: Now available in Philadelphia! For all your SEPTA needs.
- New: Vehicles with flair (e.g. King County Metro's BLM coaches) can now be searched by keywords.
- Fixed: The list view for current vehicles should behave a little nicer now.
- Fixed: Sometimes system alerts wouldn't show in statistics, these are now more reliable.
- Fixed: The status bar should be more visible in satellite/hybrid modes.
- A number of other fixes and improvements under the hood, which should yield a nicer experience overall.
Thanks for using Pantograph! Lots more in the works coming up. Also check out my new budgeting app, Ahoy Finance, available on the App Store now!
Ratings and Reviews
Much Better than Trip Planner and Maps But Still Not Perfect
This app is a great way to track your bus if you are a frequent bus rider because you can see exactly how early or late the bus is running. You can even toggle a color setting where blue is early, green is on time and red is late. Unfortunately you still cannot track Community Shuttles and DART vans.
So THAT’S where the bus is.
I loved the original web version of the transit tracker. This is nicely refined and responsive. Found the app’s announcement on the Seattle Transit Blog.
Thanks for your work, Kona!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Round Trip Productions, LLC
- 11.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2021 Round Trip Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pantograph Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Pantograph Pro (Yearly) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.