Browse, edit, and share your picture-perfect moments. Photos is the home for all of your amazing photos and videos, and it's smart and personal, with intelligent features that help you find, enjoy, and share your best shots.
Browse and organize your library
• In the Library tab, the All Photos view displays your photos and videos in an interactive zoomable grid, and Days, Months and Years views curate your best moments, removing clutter and bringing your library to life with animated video playback
• The Albums tab lets you organize your photos just how you want
• People and Places albums let you browse your photos by who's in them and where they were taken
• Media Types automatically organize your photos into helpful albums like Videos, Portrait mode, Screenshots, and more
• The duplicates album helps you clean up your library by merging duplicate photos
Relive your memories and more in For You
• The For You tab contains Memories, Shared Album activity, Sharing Suggestions, and the best moments from your library in Featured Photos
• Memories uses on-device intelligence to find trips, holidays, people, pets, and more in your collection, and presents them as movies paced to music, including intelligent song suggestions from Apple Music for Apple Music subscribers
Find just what you're looking for with powerful Search
• On-device machine learning analyzes your photos so you can search for people, places, dates, events, and even objects and scenes like basketball, birthday cake, or beach
• Intelligent search suggestions surface important events, people, places, and dates even before you type in the search bar
Perfect your photos using sophisticated yet easy-to-use tools in Edit
• Fine‑tune your photos and videos with powerful tools like auto enhance, highlights, shadows, vibrance, and definition, and apply edits to another image or to a batch
• Nearly every tool and effect available for photos can also be used on videos, including rotate, crop, and auto enhance
• Adjust keyframes in Live Photos and add fun effects
Share with friends and family
• Share to Messages, Mail, and third party apps right from Photos
• Share photos seamlessly with up to five other family members with iCloud Shared Photo Library
• Use Shared Albums to share photos and videos with just the people you choose
• iCloud Links let you send a set of photos and videos with a link that can be viewed on any platform, in any browser
Keep your library safe and up to date with iCloud Photos
• Store your photos and videos safely in iCloud and access them from any device, any time, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, on iCloud.com, or even on a PC
• Your library stays up to date across all your devices
Keep your photos private
• Photos protects your privacy by using on-device intelligence to analyze your photos and videos
• Face recognition, scene detection, object detection and more are all done completely on your device
• The Hidden and Recently Deleted albums are locked by default and can be unlocked using your device’s authentication method
Use the Photos app on Apple Watch to access your favorite photos right on your wrist
• View and manage your Memories, Featured Photos, or an album you've synced to your Apple Watch
• Relive your favorite moments with highlights from Memories
• Watch your Live Photo come to life right from your wrist
• Create a Photos or Portraits watch face
• Share a photo from your library with someone from your contacts
Ratings and Reviews
What I don’t like about Photos
Photos is it OK app but the thing is that the button that says \FOR YOU/you and it shows memories The only thing I don’t like about Photos is it doesn’t make you create the memories. It does it for you and it puts photos that I don’t want in the memory. Yes you can delete it but you can’t add no photos and it Hass to make it by itself. It’s annoying I want to be able to make my own memories not photos itself only thing I can do is pick the song and delete it and blah blah blah but not add photos, and that’s the only thing I can’t even make a new it chooses itself it should have ➕ yeah plus so you can make a new one I might be dumb and there’s make it but if it is I am I delete photos or keep it and take another that can let me create my memories.👍🏼 S0 it’s a 5-4 because it’s just one thing and if I find some more I might change my stars to 5-3 hopefully not.😊///And I don’t know if you can comment on people reviews but if so comment#SAME!🥲only if that’s your photos to, and I don’t know if you can rate my comment, but if you can do that pls give me a 5/5 I don’t even know if you can do that.🤣🤣lol
Terrible widget and people curation
As an Apple fan, it is frustrating to have to write this. The Photos widget only ever finds 1-3 (and always the same) out of 3000+ photos or 200 “recents” photos to “feature”. Also, the widget never shows memories that are curated by the “create photos memory” option. Memories can’t be made “less” except by person or date - and yet it keeps coming up with memories that I don’t want at all and have to keep deleting (the algorithm is severely limited!). And no matter how many memories are generated, the widget never shows more than a recent few - so much for being shown things from my beautiful intensely curated library. And once there is a featured photo to show, the widget will won’t show any Memories. The widget also has long ago been switched to giant text captions which can’t be deleted (and I’m tired of having to edit everything all the time) and absolutely ruins the “beauty” Apple keeps selling in their “wow-look what we did” product announcements. And the people curation on iOS hasn’t found anyone in over a year (empty) and then suddenly last week found (only) two people (out of 3000+ photos) - and then it stopped. Useless. And this is a problem reported by many people as evidenced in many online discussions and yet never solved by Apple support personnel involved in those discussions and never in the bug fix releases either. Very disappointing Apple!
Wrecked People album
Update: 6-3-22 No fix in sight for the People identification issues. Still no way to permanently identify people (so that they can’t be “unidentified” again and again by the horrendous algorithm), still no way to manually add people to the people album without Apple doing it first. And the response is just to typically Apple, which is to say, no response at all. No concern. No fix. Hey, we’ve still got our trillions—why should we care about the customer experience?
This (Photos) truly is the worst botched update I’ve seen in my lifetime. I’m either not going to use it anymore, or I’m I going to find a new phone. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.
Previous Review: You took a functional (albeit limited and often error filled) feature—the People album—and you’ve rendered it unusable. Now it constantly, randomly resets key photos that I’ve selected, and it un-identifies people I’ve spent hours tagging, so it’s literally like starting over again every single time I charge my phone! From a company that still hasn’t managed to duplicate 2009 technology in some of its native apps (cough, cough, Pages, cough), this update is the biggest train wreck I’ve ever seen. I guess the days of “it just works” are gone forever. I was one of your biggest fanboys, but you continue to erode brand loyalty with a complete and utter lack of caring when it comes to attention to detail.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 6.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc.