Browse, edit, and share your picture-perfect moments. Photos is the home for all of your amazing photos and videos, and it’s smart and personal, with intelligent features that help you find, enjoy, and share your best shots.
Browse and organize your library
• In the Library tab, the All Photos view displays your photos and videos in an interactive zoomable grid, and Days, Months and Years views curate your best moments, removing clutter and bringing your library to life with animated video playback
• The Albums tab lets you organize your photos just how you want
• People and Places albums let you browse your photos by who’s in them and where they were taken
• Media Types automatically organize your photos into helpful albums like Videos, Portrait mode, Screenshots, and more
Relive your memories and more in For You
• The For You tab contains Memories, Shared Album activity, Sharing Suggestions, and the best moments from your library in Featured Photos
• Memories uses on-device intelligence to find trips, holidays, people, pets, and more in your collection, and presents them as movies paced to music, including intelligent song suggestions from Apple Music for Apple Music subscribers
Find just what you’re looking for with powerful Search
• On-device machine learning analyzes your photos so you can search for people, places, dates, events, and even objects and scenes like basketball, birthday cake, or beach
• Intelligent search suggestions surface important events, people, places, and dates even before you type in the search bar
Perfect your photos using sophisticated yet easy-to-use tools in Edit
• Fine‑tune your photos and videos with powerful tools like auto enhance, highlights, shadows, vibrance, and definition
• Nearly every tool and effect available for photos can also be used on videos, including rotate, crop, and auto enhance
• Adjust keyframes in Live Photos and add fun effects
Share with friends and family
• Share to Messages, Mail, and third party apps right from Photos
• Use Shared Albums to share photos and videos with just the people you choose
• iCloud Links let you send a set of photos and videos with a link that can be viewed on any platform, in any browser
Keep your library safe and up to date with iCloud Photos
• Store your photos and videos safely in iCloud and access them from any device, any time, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, on iCloud.com, or even on a PC
• Your library stays up to date across all your devices
Keep your photos private
• Photos protects your privacy by using on-device intelligence to analyze your photos and videos
• Face recognition, scene detection, object detection and more are all done completely on your device
Use the Photos app on Apple Watch to access your favorite photos right on your wrist
• View and manage your Memories, Featured Photos, or an album you’ve synced to your Apple Watch
• Relive your favorite moments with highlights from Memories
• Watch your Live Photo come to life right from your wrist
• Create a Photos or Portraits watch face
• Share a photo from your library with someone from your contacts
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT app, but missing one crucial feature!
This photos app is really amazing. The updates they’ve made over the years are impressive and welcomed. However, it’s 2021 and I still can’t manually add a person to a picture! The only way for a person to be tagged in a photo (i.e. that photo will show up under that person in the ‘People’ section of the Photos app) is if the Photos app automatically recognizes their face itself. You can manually correct an incorrectly recognized person, (i.e. change a recognized face from, for example, ‘Grace’ to ‘Zoe’), but if the Photos app didn’t recognize that there was a person in the photo at all, then you’re out of luck. Please add a way so that I can manually add people to a photo! Right now you can do that on a Mac, but not on iOS/iPadOS. Please add this feature!
Hide photos once put in an album or give a sorting option
There is nothing else I need to add. Everything is great about the built-in photos app, map searching, face searching, item searching… But there is one thing that I cannot believe has NEVER been added. I’ll repeat that, there is one thing that we do in life with everything but the most basic photos app just didn’t do. There are several 3rd party apps that do this but I want these to still be in the cloud.
Once I have moved a photo into an album, I want the photo to disappear from the main set of photos. I know this sounds ridiculous /s but once I have sorted the photo, it’s still nice to be able to add them to another album which is already an option.
But I want the photos to disappear from the main album so I know they been sorted. Maybe just give us a filtering option in the main folder to hide photos that are already in an album.
Would be perfect if…
- I’d like to be able to hide screenshots from my all photos tab. Screenshots are more like documentations/notes to self. I usually will later attach them to a reminder or note or add them to a sketch or an album that I’m using to collect inspiration… but I don’t want to see them mixed with photos I’ve taken
- it’s still unclear what the difference is between the “recent” album and “all photos”
- I’d like to be able to select a private album and convert it into a shared album.
- id like to be able to transfer ownership roles from a shared album to a different person.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.