RSSRadio is an advanced Podcast playback app, available on the App Store since 2010.
RSSRadio pioneered many features that are commonplace today and continues to evolve. It's my baby, I hope you give it a try (DJB, Author)
(RSSRadio® has ads, you can remove the ads with a simple one-time in app purchase.)
• Silence remover for downloaded audio podcasts, saves hours per week for the average listener without affecting sound quality
• Clearer audio with equaliser, compressor / limiter and volume boosting DSP effects (on video, streaming and downloads)
• Keep multiple devices in Sync with iCloud
• Organise your listening by categories
• Server side refreshing and push notifications
• RSSRadio is carefully developed and tuned to be nice to your battery
• Download or stream any size show over WiFi or 3G
• Fully supports password protected podcasts, including 1Password support
• Built in sleep timer
• Light / Dark UI themes
• Play only the audio part of videos, if you like
• Extensive directory of Podcasts, search for shows by keyword, category, view the top podcasts or enter a URL manually
• Find new shows from RSSRadio’s users listening patterns. RSSRadio can suggest shows you might like based on your existing subscriptions. •• opt out available, your data is anonymous
RSSRadio is free, with some limits. Try it now.
"RSSRadio® mobile is a very solid offering in the podcast app space. The app is very stable and offers some nice features" - AppAdvice.com
"I have found that RSSRadio® is one of the fastest podcasting apps when it comes to managing feeds and downloading episodes. At the moment, no other app has been able to match it when it comes to managing those basic tasks." - Geoffrey Goetz "Podcasting 101"
"RSSRadio7 is the perfect option for a beginning podcaster." - Emily. C. Gardener / gretchenlouise.com
If you have bug reports or suggestions, these are very welcome at email@example.com, I answer all emails.
RSSRadio® is a registered trademark of Dorada App Software Ltd
Thanks for those of you who have rated RSSRadio on the App Store, this is a big help and encouragement. To those who haven't yet done so, I hope you will find time soon.
* Had to remove the FAQ for now, as the online service that hosts it is going away
* Removed the facebook link
* Fixed an issue where the app name was wrong on the springboard icon
* Made preparations to preserve purchase state (via iCloud) between both RSSRadio versions previously available from the App Store
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite podcast app
I have been using RSS Radio to listen to podcasts ever since Apple’s native podcast app quit making sense. This app does almost everything I want and is the best of all I have tried.
Pros: Very easy to organize my podcasts. You can assign 2 categories to each podcast which then creates playlists by category in addition to the default playlist. You can modify the options for default settings when you subscribe to a podcast ( i.e., download latest 1, 2 or all unlistened episodes, add to front or end of the play lid, start after xx seconds). You can then set these uniquely for each podcast. This app has the most options for this than other apps I have tried.
What I wish the app would do: Create my own playlist for individual podcast episodes. This would come in handy when I am planning for a long road trip. Managing this through “favorites” almost works, but is not easy to work with. I haven’t been able to figure out how to modify the order of podcasts in any playlist other than default. But I haven’t found another app that could do this either.
Overall, I am very happy with the app.
THE most customizable podcast player
If you listen to a lot of shows, this is your player. Period. None of the social duff and show promo previews the native app is cluttering every screen with now. Just your shows and their episodes with full control over every aspect of each.
From serialized shows you want to plow through starting at episode 1, to daily news where you will never dig back through archives, to shows you've just discovered with 200 back episodes you want to selectively pick through, this app lets you tweak ALL the settings for each show to keep your playlist fresh and filled with your must-listens.
Auto-queue places your must-listens in the queue automatically and you even get to dictate where in the queue they get added.
Manual reordering of not only each category, but of the shows you place in the categories is a godsend.
Easy to add single episodes from shows you don't want to subscribe to.
Super efficient listening with playback speeds, silence skipping, customizable forward and backward skip amounts, and customizable show start and finish skips.
Digging through the settings might seem daunting, but honestly every item is a delight as you discover the ability to do things you didn't even know you wanted to do. And the default settings would work great anyway.
Happily upgraded not to gain features or remove ads, but because this amount of attention to detail deserves support.
Well worth paying for the full version
I was just looking for a new podcast app that would let me skip back and forward a few seconds over a Bluetooth connection (which the Apple app strangely doesn't allow). I chose this app since it had a free version and I ended up getting so much more! I love all the customization options for each podcast and the fact that I can finally select all episodes when editing (another feature missing from the Apple app). So happy with it after a few days that I had to purchase to support the devs. One request I'd make is a filter for listened episodes so I can select them all and archive them. Thanks for the great app!
- Dorada App Software Ltd
- 29.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dorada Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- RSSRadio Full Version Upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.