Do you need a notebook with lines or squares with endless pages where you can take your freehand notes in the same way and with the same speed as when you use the pen?
Need a few sheets of white paper for freehand drawing and then enter the text written with the keyboard and being able to choose font, color, size and angle of the text?
Do you want to photograph transparencies of a presentation in real time and add notes or highlight parts?
Do you need to record audio while taking notes of lectures on the book with an infinite number of pages?
Need a secure archive (password protected) to save countless notebooks?
Want to listen a recorded university lecture and add or correct the notes taken during the lesson?
In your notes you have to add computer-aided technical drawings by exporting them ex. from FingerCAD and writing notes on the CAD design or using CAD technical drawing tools like lines, rectangles, circles with the drawing grid option activated?
Need to print the pages of your notebook when You come back to home (using the new technology of wireless printing "AirPrint" or PDF)?
Do you think that writing with a pen is faster than writing with the keyboard?
"Scribes" is the right application for You!
- Writing handwritten text (the same way as you use a pen/highlighter on a notebook, with the stroke, the color, the transparency “ALPHA” that you want - dotted lines with ALPHA = 0)
- Writing text using the integrated text editor of Scribes (you can use different fonts, different angles, different sizes and colors on the same page or on different pages of the notebook)
- Draw free-hand using many colors/transparency and the brush size you want (both on notebook lines/squares and on white sheets)
- Enable or disable the drawing grid: enable the grid together with the line, circle, rectangle drawing tools (with optional color fill) for simple technical drawings (disable the grid to write some freehand notes on the technical drawings or use the text editor of Scribes to insert for example measurements)
- Filter for wrist touch
- Record high quality stereo audio with 32Bit 44Khz, infinite recording time (on .caf file) in the background (while recording, you can take notes on notebook)
- Import images in the pages of the notebook in real-time, taken by camera and stored in the photo albums of the device (you can import many images, for each page of the book, on which you can write notes)
- Listen the audio recordings with the built-in player of Scribes
- Photo camera support (acquire the photo camera's images directly from Scribes software)
- Fast book pages change
- Animated zoom pinching the screen with two fingers
- Animated pan dragging two fingers on the screen
- Reset pan and zoom settings: full zoom out pinching the screen with two fingers or by pressing and holding down two fingers on the screen
Management of books stored in the "Scribes Archive":
- Archive of notebooks (you can save / copy an infinite number of notebooks in the archive)
- Add books (file sharing, copy)
- Sharing books with other apps
- Rename notebooks
- Delete notebooks
- Duplicate notebooks
Sharing books and audio files recorded with:
- Dropbox (remote storage systems, cloud)
- Apple FILE
- Open In
- iTunes File Sharing
- tapeRecorder app
- UNIVERSAL APP (you pay only once and runs on all your devices)
Scribes PRO Quick Users Guide is available at URL: http://www.ngcybit.it/iTunesApp/scribes/scribes-pro-quick-users-guide.html
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Needs major revamping
NOT worth 5.99! I got it for .99 and almost regret it. It looks like it could have potential, but the current version is confusing and lacking important features:
- no instructions or help manual, so you have to decipher the list of symbols at the bottom through trial and error (and some are quite confusing)
- no easy way to turn off the 'insert text' function
- no way to switch back to the handwriting tool you start with, it seems
- the edit function is VERY clumsy, requiring three taps on annoying pop-ups just to select which function (move, delete) you want to use
- batch editing also very clumsy - must drag through everything you want to delete manually; if you lift your finger you have to start over again
It COULD be a decent app if such things were fixed and a little more thought went into usability. I hope the developers will update it. Until then, though, get a different app.
Can't really recommend it, but it gets points for ambition
This note taker aspires to do everything, and it certainly has enough buttons. There are also some interesting features, such as the "under finger" preview which, well, shows what's happening under your finger. But overall it's buggy and probably the worst and least intuitive UI I've seen. I do think this developer has talent, and I hope he teams up with someone who can help him produce more marketable stuff.
BTW, you set the password when you first open the app. You can set it to nothing if you like.
I open this app & have to put a password-never set 1up. So I try iTunes password-no luck! Tried every password, checked email in case it was sent there-no luck! All the supposedly great apps mean nothing if I don't get past this password! I would have rated this a no star, but This is set up has no option for 0 stars.
The developer, Gianluca Natalini, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gianluca Natalini
- 9.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.