Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed with and for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world by describing nearby people, text and objects.
Seeing AI provides tools to assist with a variety of daily tasks:
• Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
• Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
• Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available.
• People - Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and expression.
• Currency - Recognizes currency notes.
• Scenes - Hear an overall description of the scene captured. Explore the photo by moving your finger over the screen to hear the location of different objects.
• World - An Audio Augmented Reality experience to explore an unfamiliar environment, including hearing objects announced around you with Spatial Audio (requires a device with a LiDAR, and iOS 14+).
• Indoor Navigation - Available on the World Channel, enables you to create routes through a building, like "entrance to classroom", and navigate by following the sound (requires a device with an A9 or later processor, and iOS 14+).
• Colors - Identifies colors.
• Handwriting - Reads handwritten text like in greeting cards (available in a subset of languages).
• Light - Generates an audible tone corresponding to the brightness in the surroundings.
• Images in other apps - Just tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI” to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
• Browse Photos - Hear descriptions of photos saved on your device.
Seeing AI continues to evolve as we hear from the community, and AI research advances.
Check out tutorials with this YouTube playlist: http://aka.ms/SeeingAIPlaylist.
Questions, feedback or feature requests? Email us at SeeingAI@Microsoft.com.
This release includes several bug fixes to make your experience even better.
Ratings and Reviews
such a good app.
the updates keep getting better, from the jumping text, they fixed it, to the document channel being sluggish and now that's fixed. microsoft is doing an excellent job and no account needed and this all free. love it. my one thing is I would love the seen preview and where you share photos from the share sheet to have a way to interact with the AI like you can now in the document channel. these guys brought much more rich descriptions to the seen and share sheets, but theres no interactions with it, if you could ask it followup you would have a 5 star app I think. I have no problem recommending this app and the other thing i'll say is working with microsoft's seeingAI staff via email you get quick responces. I do not work with them but what I mean is like emailing them, their turnaround time has ben rather snappy I feel. they seem to really get blind people with their seeingAI here and its just getting better.
Best app for blind and visually impaired that I’ve ever seen
Absolutely love this app I use it all the time because whenever I buy groceries sometimes I may forget what I bot I need to figure out where to put it but sometimes it is hard for me to read the letters on boxes and things either because the letters are too small or the letters are too different from just normal print text seriously love this app. Thankyou! The only thing that I would say I would like to have if it’s even possible is I have a very hard time with expiration dates I always have to have someone come down and read it for me and I have not found a single app that has been able to find and read expiration dates don’t know if that’s possible if not that’s fine it would just be nice thing to have I’m even very skeptical about eating things in my fridge and pantry just because I don’t know if it’s any good or not and I don’t wanna have to call someone to say hey can you come tell if this is good or not so it definitely is a real problem for me don’t really know what else to do so if that is a feature that is possible to be added it would be great but again I very much love this app it has made my life so much easier thank you again
You should read this I highly approve of the CI app
Hello I am blind and I use the Seeing AI app. It works. My only complaint is that we can’t wear a camera or and it is in progress to use the world setting for indoor use only at the moment it would make sense to me that person could make maybe glasses that you could wear with the success of the Seeing AI app in them or you could hold your phone up and it could describe the world around you, and if it could get good enough at this, you could walk around and be told some of how to get around you were still use your cane with the other hand, it also might be good if you had a FaceTime option and you had a live person that could come through and see what you’re looking at on the phone when your loan so they can describe things for you should be another good option for them to add and how come, they’re not helping the blind get those cars that I should do drive we’re supposed to be helping the disabled I approve of the Seeing AI app if you could get the cameras in glasses and have that app and maybe a FaceTime person person with ice blind could possibly navigate streets they would still want to pay attention with their cane
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 322.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.