SilverSneakers GO is the fitness companion app that makes it easy for you to get fit, stay active, and develop healthy exercise habits.
With this app you’re getting:
- Full 4-12 week workout programs for all fitness levels
- Find nearby fitness locations and classes
- Live virtual classes you can do from home
- Schedule exercise activities
- Get notifications for your scheduled activities
- Learn and master new moves and exercises
- Rate your workout experiences
- Log completed workouts and keep track of your progress
This app allows you to locate nearby group exercise classes and fitness locations. You can schedule activities whether you’re going to the gym, a class, or just general activity (walking, swimming, hiking, etc.) and you’ll get reminder notifications about your scheduled activities and never miss a beat.
The programs are guided workouts that range from 4 – 12 weeks and for all fitness levels. The programs will keep your workouts interesting and effective as you progress and get stronger.
• Personal Data Sharing (CA & NV residents only): http://www.tivityhealth.com/do-not-sell-my-personal-information-app/
• RSVPs for Live Virtual Classes will now show up as events on your calendar. This includes RSVPs made on the web, and in the app
• Live Virtual Classes that are joined directly without an RSVP will show up as logged events on your calendar
• Various fixes and under the hood improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a fan of the app and the concept seems good. I use it mainly to schedule and keep track of in person sessions at my fitness center. With the pandemic it hasn’t been much of a help. So I decided to give guided workouts a chance again.
They don’t function, if you watch the video for the exercise it messes with the workout. When you hit start it jumps to the next workout. When you hit previous exercise the timer doesn’t always work. The videos show in landscape and the exercises show in portrait mode.
I am so frustrated after trying three different workouts that I am not sure that I will try any more. I want a guided workout to go from beginning to end just like an actual in person session. A pause button for rest or equipment would be good but continue where it was before I hit pause. A timer bar or clock would be nice but the instructor count should be sufficient. An equipment list on each exercise screen should be available with a complete list at the start.
In general the easy and intermediate seem geared to someone who has never worked out at all.
Love being able to use this on the go. Only issue I have is that sometimes it doesn’t find the place that I go to regularly but I can always get to it later because it pops up after my workout. Love the individual workouts. Never was one for meditation before but I find the one for drifting off to sleep helpful. Still more for me to explore. There are perks to aging!
Joined silversneakers a few weeks ago and downloaded the app at the same time. Frankly i’m a little disappointed. The app is not very robust in allowing you different ways of tracking your workouts. For instance, if I go to the gym and work on strength training, aerobics and yoga why can’t I select all three of these items? The app only allows you to select ONE item. And why no duration for the workout performed? I can go for 5 minutes or 2 hours and in the app it makes no difference! If I tell the app I’m visiting the gym ahead of time I can only select “general workout”, or “class” and that’s it! I’d like to know what I did that day for recording purposes. I’ve used better apps..........
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.