Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore the millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE! That’s right, SketchUp Viewer is a FREE app (sign-in required)!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
• Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse or Trimble Connect. You can also open models using the iOS ‘Open In’ feature, for example when opening .SKP files sent as email attachments.
• SketchUp Viewer supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
• Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. AR model viewing features are available for all SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Studio subscribers (also available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
• With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
• Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
• Choose to view your projects from any of the standard views or Scenes that you may have created up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
• Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
• Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
• Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
• Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
• Move existing section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
*The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
For information and instructions, please visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices running iOS 11 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
The AR feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer, running iOS 11 or later.
SketchUp Viewer offers premium, AR model viewing via in-app subscription at a price of $9.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $9.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renewal, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
For version 5.3, we fixed an issue that was causing edges to render incorrectly.
We've also updated our minimum required iOS version. To upgrade to version 5.3 (and all future versions) you must be on a device running iOS 11 or newer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just what I was looking for 👏🏻
I more or less stumbled on the app after a Google search for “SketchUp iPad.” I got it from the App Store and I was able to use it with no trouble. I had previously put my drawings in PDF files so I could look at them without my MacBook. Needless to say, that didn’t work too well! Now I can access my models in several ways. I don’t need to edit files on my iPad, so this app does everything I need. Draw me happy 😊
I’ve been waiting for this app a long time. It’s an excellent way to communicate ideas quickly in the field. My rating reflects that this app meets my expectations, which is strictly to show clients and colleagues ideas. I didn’t expect it to be able to do much else, but it has a few features that are a huge bonus. Powerful tool!
Almost a great app.
The app works great for the most part, my only pet peeves are that you can only use the app in landscape on iPhone (even in the file picker) and that the UI for managing files is difficult to understand. For example, if I open a file from Trimble connect, do I need to delete and download again if I make changes to it? I would prefer to have the files as either a list/table view with swipe to delete/info/redownload or a collection view with a edit button in the top right that allows models to be deleted.
- Trimble Inc.
- 228.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AR Model Viewing $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.