The world’s most popular 3D modeler is now available for iPad.
For architects, interior designers, construction professionals, set designers, and creatives of all backgrounds, SketchUp for iPad is a powerful, intuitive 3D design and communication app. Explore everything SketchUp for iPad has to offer free for seven days, or purchase via an in-app subscription ($119/year).
SketchUp for iPad Premium Features
Create in 3D
-Draw in 3D using an Apple Pencil, mouse and keyboard, or multi-touch gestures.
-Autoshape turns doodles into 3D models in seconds, making it easier than ever to get started in 3D.
-Use Markup mode to create handwritten annotations overtop 3D models.
-Search millions of pre-made components, materials, and configurable objects that are freely downloadable from 3D Warehouse.
Merge physical and digital worlds
-Experience your designs in the real world with augmented reality (AR) viewing features.
-Directly import image objects and apply photo textures from your Photos library, iOS Files App, or by taking pictures using your iPad camera.
-Import satellite imagery, 3D terrain, and location information to create accurate shadow studies and design with real-world context.
Work on the go
-With unlimited cloud storage, you can seamlessly sync files across your devices – and work on them using SketchUp for iPad, SketchUp for Web, and SketchUp Pro desktop apps.
-Import: SKP, images from iOS Files App
-Export: Images, animations, and USDz
When using SketchUp on your iPad and iPhone without a paid subscription, you are still able to explore and present your 3D projects for FREE; here’s how:
-Navigate your projects using intuitive multi-touch gestures.
-View your projects from any of the standard views or custom scenes.
-Switch between perspective and orthographic camera views.
-Turn Tags on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
-Adjust the look and feel of your model by controlling Edge and Face styles, Shadows, Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, and Section Cuts.
-Take measurements and get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
-Merge your models with the world around you by viewing them in augmented reality.
This app requires iOS 15 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer). For additional information and instructions, please visit the SketchUp Help Center: https://help.sketchup.com/sketchup-ipad/system-requirements
The AR model viewing feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer.
SketchUp lets you create and edit 3D models on iPad via an in-app subscription of $119 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account on confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $119 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renew, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
If you are a SketchUp Free user, please note that you will only be able to access the free viewing features on your iPad or iPhone.
We’re excited to announce the long-awaited release of SketchUp for iPad!
Not only do you now have access to the world’s most popular 3D modeling app on iPad (including features and functionality you already know and love), but we’re also introducing piles of fun, new ways to create, collaborate and communicate in 3D! There’s a ton to explore, but some highlights of SketchUp for iPad include:
• With SketchUp for iPad, you can create, edit and view models using Apple Pencil, multi-touch gestures, or a mouse & keyboard. Now, you can design in 3D with whatever tools you have on hand… including your hands!
• Markup mode enables you to sketch, redline, and create annotations over the top of your 3D models using Apple Pencil. Your markups are saved as SketchUp scenes that can be referenced and edited later. Markups can also be projected directly onto your SketchUp model and applied as textures, unlocking new ways of creating and communicating in 3D.
• Autoshape makes creating in 3D easier and more accessible than ever before. Autoshape can recognize 20 different doodles and automagically turn them into a wide array of 2D and 3D shapes, including configurable components (like windows and doors).
• With SketchUp for iPad, there are a bunch of great ways to bring information about the physical world into your projects. Whether you’re importing models and materials of real-world objects from 3D Warehouse, using Add Location to import satellite imagery and terrain data for your site, or leveraging the iPad camera to insert photos and apply them as image textures, the possibilities are endless.
• AR model viewing features allow you to situate and experience your designs in the real world.
• Export options not only include features for exporting images and animations, but we also offer the option to export your SketchUp models into a USDz format so that you can take your SketchUp projects into other great iPad design apps.
• A robust, native integration with Trimble Connect allows you to access your project files whenever and wherever you go. With SketchUp for iPad, you can browse, open, edit, and save files that live in Connect right from the Home screen. You can also create projects and folders, and publish your SketchUp models to Connect, all from within the app. Plus, recently viewed or edited Connect models are synced across SketchUp for iPad and SketchUp for Web, making it easy to flow between apps.
• Be sure to check out the Learn tab (and keep an eye out for the graduation cap icon when you’re working in SketchUp) to uncover all sorts of great content that we’ve developed to help you in your SketchUp for iPad adventures!
• Last but not least, SketchUp for iPad is also still a free SketchUp Viewer app. In Viewer mode, you can navigate projects using multitouch gestures for Orbit, Pan, and Zoom, or view models using any of SketchUp’s standard views or custom scenes, control the visibility of tags, alter the visual look and feel of a model using styles, take measurements, and view models in AR – all while using either your iPhone or iPad.
Here's what's new:
Based on the feedback we've been receiving from you (thanks for all the emails and forum posts, keep 'em coming!!!) – v6.0.5 includes fixes for a number of bug fixes, along with improvements – including:
• Fixed a bug that was affecting Markup mode. Markup mode now reliably offers the option to create and edit multiple markups.
• Fixed a bug that affected keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts are now more reliably accessible while interacting with the Measurements box.
• Fixed a couple of odd behaviors related to the video player for in-app video tutorials.
• Fixed a bug that was affecting PNG export. The app now correctly saves a user-defined filename for an exported PNG.
• Fixed a couple of bugs that were resulting in our most frequent crashes.
More to come...
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been a long time user of SketchUp since it was owned by Google. I’ve never been a pro version user but have been a prosumer type user over the years, designing furniture, interiors, and small construction projects.
This new version of SketchUp on the iPad, incorporating the Apple Pencil is a game changer. It is a whole new experience but has all the familiarity of the regular desktop version. It mentally changes the whole feel of everything. It’s like it has opened up a low friction pathway for imagining ideas and just drawing them on the screen.
It’s early days for the app, and I’ve encountered a few bugs a missing functionality, but it’s quite awesome. I’m sure Trimble will fix all the issues in upcoming app updates.
Game Changer for me
I've been an artist starting with iPad drawings and finalizing with separate Sketchup computer CAD drawings for years. After 15min playing with this new iPad version, I am thrilled with what I see. Most of it is very good and usable, and I am able to make simple models with no additional learning/researching required. I am sure this will continue to improve. And this will obsolete my need for the iPad drawings. Great first effort Sketchup team! Thank you
I logged into this app and the one project I created is nowhere to be seen. Instead I see a couple sample projects.
I used the free web version of Sketchup to create the project. If this app does not show projects for non-upgraded (free) accounts, that should be readily apparent after logging into the app. It should present a listing of your projects, with some copy stating that you'll need to upgrade to view them in the app. There is no mention of it if this is indeed a limitation.
If it is NOT a limitation, the app is just broken from a usability perspective. It makes no sense that you can create & save projects while logged in on web, then log in here and see nothing you created.
If if IS a limitation, though, that is pretty ridiculous, because I can view my project with mobile Safari. There's a fine line between "extra features" (in the context of deciding whether to pay for software) and "reversing bad decisions" aka "making things less evil". I usually get angry about the latter things and don't end up paying for the software.
I don't know why. Sketchup is obviously very useful. And I usually pay for useful software that I want to use. There must be some psychology behind it & some way for developers / product managers to optimize better for conversion.
1 star because this is basically useless as-is.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trimble Inc.
- 206.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SketchUp Go $119.99