SkyDemon is Europe's favourite software for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your iOS device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
- Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between six different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- FIS boundaries are now drawn in our maps
- International borders are now highlighted in our maps
- Airspace activations by NOTAM and AUP are listed in the What's Here screen for the airspace
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app.... like using it for X-plane 11 but....
Sry good app I use it for X-plane 11 for figuring out where and what run way I will take off from.... but I wish they didn’t do the whole trial thing I wish you could just use the thing without needing a trial..... Bc after the trial ends you either end up paying to use it or delete it.... devs if your out there pls consider something about this that and make sure it won’t do some sort of auto payments if said person was using there credit card or family’s credit card for example when trial ends it would warn you that the trial ended and you can still use it but you would have to pay so Incase if that auto payment thing started to happen you would
Know before it did and would tell you either pay for said trial or just delete it and nothing will get charged before hand....
Wouldn’t want to do without SKYDEMON
For me this is an awesome easy to use app, well worth the money, waiting for the the app to evolve to seeing other users inflight 🙏🏼🇿🇼
A few additions would be greatly appreciated
The product should develop more capabilities for IFR flying
1) synthetic vision
2) possibility to file IFR flight plans to eurocontrol
3) recommend recently filed flight plans for the route that the user wishes to fly.
These last 2 feature would eliminate the need to subscribe to Rocket Route and could definitely represent great value
4) possibility to subscribe to and integrate Jeppesen IFR charts
5) integration with ADL210 device for weather, METARs and TAFs coverage across Europe.
All there capabilities are already present on ForeFlight which is now available in Europe and I am tempted to migrate to ForeFlight.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Divelements Limited
- 48.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Divelements Limited
- In-App Purchases
- SkyDemon iOS Subscription $199.99