AvPlan EFB 4+
Global Flight Planning & EFB
BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Get flying faster with AvPlan EFB - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan features multiple firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by pilots for pilots, AvPlan EFB integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official FAA airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR and optimum altitude calculation
• Full DUATS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission)
• All US VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET)
• GPS moving map with display data labels
• Touch-to-display TFR status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates which support route editing and more
• FAA Documentation (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Aircraft pilot operating handbook import
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (Including Garmin G1000)
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And much more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan EFB – Plan faster, fly sooner
New in 9.3.5
• Resolve an issue where some users could not update NAIPS details
• Resolve an issue with a custom NavLog
• Resolve an issue where NZ ATIS may not update
New in 9.3.4
• People in a load sheet with 0 weight do not count as POB
• Resolve an issue where the fuel plan fuel load may not match the fuel tank contents
New in 9.3.3
• Work around a NAIPS issue with SIGWX charts in an SPFIB briefing
• Resolve an issue with aircraft types with multiple default loads for a load station
• Resolve an issue where changing an aircraft callsign could override a pilot default callsign
New in 9.3.2
• Resolve an issue where the keyboard could hide when entering loads in the WnB section
• Resolve an issue with iOS 16.4
New in 9.3.1
• Resolve issue with standard load sheet
• Resolve issue with plate annotations and standard subscriptions
• Stability fixes
New in 9.3
• Dark mode support. Either follow the system setting or change to light or dark mode
• Highlight important keywords in NOTAMs
• Display time since weather/NOTAMs were last updated and add button to force these to refresh
• Add ability to sign load sheets
• Improve workflow around entering aircraft loading
• Lots of other UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing all around
This app is amazing even if your not using it to plan flight and you’re using just for the gps. I had filed a plan on 1800wx Brief and was using a paper map to navigate and I got lost. The gps showed me where I was and saved my bacon. Big believer in this app
Mostly great , sometimes tricky to manage.
Last year I tried the trial version of AVPlan as well as Oz Ruways in Australia. I’m a CFII in the US and use ForeFlight extensively there with ADSB in capability . This year I purchased the AVPlan NZ VFR subscription for my flying.
There is a learning curve to all three, but I find AVPlan to require the most practice to gain proficiency. That said, I like the flight plan feature and its flexibility. Using it for VFR flying in NZ has been very helpful. It syncs well with my Airways IFIS and Met briefings.
The AIP document search feature could use a better bookmark naming and organizing function as that is useful when searching unfamiliar regs in a new country. I have also been unable to properly sync with DropBox which contains my library of aviation and aircraft manuals.
I do miss the ability to covert my completed flight log to a logbook entry and produce endorsements, signatures and applications for ratings.
Customer service is excellent and I recommend this program.
Advertised as free, isnt.
App forces you to delete the app if you dont want to buy their subscription or sign up for the free trial. Its okay for apps like this to require subscriptions since not many people will be using them, but when I read the description and nothing is said about pricing and the app is available for free, i expect there to be a limited features available without cost. Im sure this app is great but I just dont feel like signing up for a subscription.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- 241 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- AvPlan USA VFR 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- AvPlan NZ VFR 1 year subscription $99.99
- AvPlan EFB Premium Bundle - Australia $169.99
- AvPlan VFR - 1 Month Subscription $10.99
- AvPlan Worldwide 1 Year Subscription $89.99
- AvPlan VFR - 1 Year Subscription $84.99
- AvPlan EFB Velocity Weather Upgrade 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- AvPlan EFB Premium Bundle - United States $169.99
- AvPlan EFB USA IFR Upgrade 1 Year Subscription $49.99
- AvPlan NZ IFR Upgrade - 1 year subscription $89.99