Get flying faster with AvPlan EFB - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan features multiple firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by pilots for pilots, AvPlan EFB integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official FAA airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR and optimum altitude calculation
• Full DUATS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission)
• All US VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET)
• GPS moving map with display data labels
• Touch-to-display TFR status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates which support route editing and more
• FAA Documentation (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Aircraft pilot operating handbook import
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (Including Garmin G1000)
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And much more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan EFB – Plan faster, fly sooner
• Resolve some issues with importing and exporting files
New in 7.9.3
• Fixes for iOS 13
• Improved data refresh in Apple Watch app
• Change default CTA/CTR colors
• Improved search on Text pane - search terms are highlighted in document
New in 7.9.2
• Print airport plates directly from the terminal pane
• Print documents from the text pane
• Print weather charts from the weather pane
• Fix some bugs from the future
New in 7.9.1
• Auto-download Dropbox files (Enable under Settings, User Settings)
• Allow multiple 'flight status' options to be set
New in 7.9
• Tower/CTAF frequencies added to Nearest Items display
• Export flight plans to Garmin Flight Stream 210/510 (requires Garmin Pilot subscription)
Ratings and Reviews
An essential cockpit companion
A great app that I have used for 3 years now, with so many features, linking in NAIPS, ERSA and many others. My only problem is that I haven’t used this excellent app to its full potential yet. It is superb and is still developing further.
Mostly great , sometimes tricky to manage.
Last year I tried the trial version of AVPlan as well as Oz Ruways in Australia. I’m a CFII in the US and use ForeFlight extensively there with ADSB in capability . This year I purchased the AVPlan NZ VFR subscription for my flying.
There is a learning curve to all three, but I find AVPlan to require the most practice to gain proficiency. That said, I like the flight plan feature and its flexibility. Using it for VFR flying in NZ has been very helpful. It syncs well with my Airways IFIS and Met briefings.
The AIP document search feature could use a better bookmark naming and organizing function as that is useful when searching unfamiliar regs in a new country. I have also been unable to properly sync with DropBox which contains my library of aviation and aircraft manuals.
I do miss the ability to covert my completed flight log to a logbook entry and produce endorsements, signatures and applications for ratings.
Customer service is excellent and I recommend this program.
Brilliant product that just gets better with every update. I have used Avplan for the past two years and I now find it indispensable. I use it to plan trips, to file flight plans (instead of NAIPS), for navigating particularly around control steps, for tracking and reviewing my flight, for looking at winds and weather in flight superimposed upon my track when in mobile coverage, and a host of other things. It has AIP, ERSA, DAPs. You can switch chart backgrounds in a thrice. It tells you what area frequency to be on and suggests what the next one will be. Ground speeds, time to next position, etc and will also show you nearest airports etc. Tracks can be changed by just dragging your current track with your finger! Fantastic. I have had a few queries over years and the guys at Avplan pick up straight away and answer your questions and better still ask for feedback which often seems to find its way into the next version. A complete and utter bargain
- BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- 245 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- AvPlan Georeference Upgrade - 1 Month Subscription $8.99
- AvPlan Georeference Upgrade - 1 Year Subscription $69.99
- AvPlan IFR Upgrade - 1 Month Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.