Get flying faster with AvPlan EFB - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan features multiple firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by pilots for pilots, AvPlan EFB integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official FAA airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR and optimum altitude calculation
• Full DUATS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission)
• All US VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET)
• GPS moving map with display data labels
• Touch-to-display TFR status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates which support route editing and more
• FAA Documentation (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Aircraft pilot operating handbook import
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (Including Garmin G1000)
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And much more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan EFB – Plan faster, fly sooner
New in 8.1.7
• Resolve an issue setting a delay at a destination airport
New in 8.1.6
• ICAO flight plan form can be created & sent. Great for filing flight plans when in unusual locations
• Max ramp weight is displayed on the aircraft loading page
• Resolved some issues with syncing and approving aircraft load profiles via the Enterprise Cloud
• Resolve an issue submitting a PIREP from the app
• Automatically download AIP-SUP pages when they are associated to an airport
New in 8.1.5
• Improve sort order for user waypoints
• Can edit the MGRS coordinates of a user waypoint when using the cursor
• Resolve an issue when creating a user waypoint using a bearing/distance from another point
• Resolve an issue syncing aircraft types via the AvPlan Enterprise Cloud
New in 8.1.4
• Resolve an issue with map downloads. Please visit the Data Download page and download map updates if prompted
• Resolve an issue with deleting old data deleting too much data
• Resolve an issue depicting change of arm on the weight and balance page when multiple tanks are present
• Resolve an issue where the app would not automatically activate a plan when you are in cruise at 2nm
• Resolve an issue where duplicate callsigns could appear when syncing an aircraft profile via the Enterprise Cloud
• Resolve an issue with the favourite chart button being obscured on the iPad mini in portrait orientation
New in 8.1.3
• Use a two finger swipe on Terminal to move between favourite plates for an airport
• NOTAMs for a plate can be directly accessed from the Terminal pane when viewing that plate
• The SPFIB briefing can be zoomed
• Resolve an issue with approach view and the newer flight plan reports
• ATA times are updated in the plan for all future waypoints when amended under Leg Details
New in 8.1.2
• Reorder the AIP-SUPs from newest to oldest
• Resolve an issue entering lateral WnB envelopes in non SI units
• Resolve an issue with peer to peer data downloads
New in 8.1.1
• The devices internal device identifier can be regenerated
New in 8.1
AvPlan Enterprise Cloud gets some major updates in this release!
• Enterprise customers can sync aircraft profiles across all devices
• Settings such as NAIPS account details can be set for all devices
See the new 'AvPlan Enterprise Cloud' option under Settings. Contact support if you wish to upgrade to an Enterprise account.
Additional changes include
• Print correct load sheet from the loading page
• 'Fill to MTOW' fills tanks in the reverse order to the burn order
• User waypoints can be deleted by tapping on them on the map
• Fix some issues with default callsigns which cannot be overridden
• Fix an issue where selecting a field scrolls it off the page
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing all around
This app is amazing even if your not using it to plan flight and you’re using just for the gps. I had filed a plan on 1800wx Brief and was using a paper map to navigate and I got lost. The gps showed me where I was and saved my bacon. Big believer in this app
Mostly great , sometimes tricky to manage.
Last year I tried the trial version of AVPlan as well as Oz Ruways in Australia. I’m a CFII in the US and use ForeFlight extensively there with ADSB in capability . This year I purchased the AVPlan NZ VFR subscription for my flying.
There is a learning curve to all three, but I find AVPlan to require the most practice to gain proficiency. That said, I like the flight plan feature and its flexibility. Using it for VFR flying in NZ has been very helpful. It syncs well with my Airways IFIS and Met briefings.
The AIP document search feature could use a better bookmark naming and organizing function as that is useful when searching unfamiliar regs in a new country. I have also been unable to properly sync with DropBox which contains my library of aviation and aircraft manuals.
I do miss the ability to covert my completed flight log to a logbook entry and produce endorsements, signatures and applications for ratings.
Customer service is excellent and I recommend this program.
An essential cockpit companion
A great app that I have used for 3 years now, with so many features, linking in NAIPS, ERSA and many others. My only problem is that I haven’t used this excellent app to its full potential yet. It is superb and is still developing further.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- 188.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- AvPlan USA VFR 1 Year Subscription $59.99
- AvPlan NZ VFR 1 year subscription $89.99
- AvPlan Worldwide 1 Year Subscription $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.