WingX Pro7's simple subscription model:
● VFR Free!, CFI Free!, and MilitaryFree! - only VFR flying, CFI, or Active or Retired Military? Subscription is free.
● $74.95 annual subscription (or $199.95 for 3 years)
● $74.95 for Advanced IFR Subscription
● Free: 30-day Free Period
● Free: Synthetic Vision and Fuel Prices (with current subscription)
Includes VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyway, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts plus APDs (geo-referenced), IAPs, etc
Advanced IFR Subscription
IAP geo-referencing, IAP Routing and ChartTouch
● Display Instrument Approach Procedures on the Moving Map.
● Minimum Vectoring Altitude Overlays on the Moving Map.
● New Advanced Moving Map with significant performance and stability improvements
● Visual region-based moving map data download selection. Faster downloads by downloading only what you need.
● Improved weather display - better animation, faster downloading, and vastly less network bandwidth usage
● Reworked data dissemination process to enable earlier release of cycle data, improved dual-cycle data management, dynamic real-time system configuration.
● Winner of many awards including multiple Stevie Awards, Appy Awards, and Aviation Consumer.
GPS-Enabled Moving Map
● VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyways, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts
● Wx Overlays including NEXRAD composite and many other weather overlay types with animation, transparency, and low-bandwidth option (e.g. hotel rooms)
● DP, STAR, and IAP Routing (iPad only)
● North Up or Track Up
● Split Screen
● Business locations on Airport Diagrams
● ADS-B In-Flight Weather and Traffic
● X-Plane and MS Flight Sim compatible
● Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) - terrain and obstacles
● SmartTaxi™ - advanced taxi warning system
● FlightShare™ - share routes on the ground or in the air!
● traca™ Technology - simply draw the route
● WingX Rewind™ - record and playback flights including GPS, AHRS, and Pitot-Static.
● Auto switch to Airport Diagram
● Class B Transitions
● Search And Rescue Grids and Patterns (old/new) - Parallel, Square, Sector, and Auto Fill Grid - supports MGRS
● Overlay terrain and obstacles (terrain up to 60N)
● State Lines
● Airspace overlays
● Airspace Notifications
● Passive RADAR Altimeter - Terrain Elevation or AGL
● Terrain Profile View - with climb angle and 500fpm descent lines
● AHRS-driven Attitude Indicator
● Built-in Simulator
● Extra dimming for night operations
● User-Defined Waypoints
● Multi-Page Notepad with Undo
● Runway Extensions and Traffic Patterns
● Easy GPS Calibration - tap on moving map's altitude
● Count-Up/Down timers
● Numerous aircraft icons
● Stadium TFRs
● Print charts wirelessly
● Rotate DPs and STARs
● Draw on approach charts
● Color-coded and decoded METARs, TAFs, winds/temps aloft
● METAR Density Altitude and Freezing Levels
● Victor Airways, Jetways, DPs, STARs, and even IAPs!
● Total and Longer Than Direct distances
● Flight Log shows Headings, GS, ETE, Fuel Burn using winds aloft
● Optimize Altitude for winds aloft
● Flight Plans and Weather Briefings with Leidos. Can be reused for fast filing
● File, Close, and Cancel flight plans
● Route and Area Weather Briefings
● Aircraft Manager for auto-fill
● Pressure/Density Altitude
● Winds Aloft
● Runway Winds
● IFR Climb
● Descent Rate
● ACS and PTS
● Parts of the AIM
● AC61-65H - Including Endorsements
● AC61-67C - Stall and Spin Awarenes
● Pilot/Controller Glossary
● Aeronautical Contractions
Integrated Help System
● Built-in mini-manual
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
● Improved app stability and performance.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Been working from Blackberry to ipad
I can't even remember how long I have used this thing but it has worked nonstop the whole time. I fly all the time and often go to unfamiliar places. I typically fly alone and a fair amount of the time night or IFR. Flying is even a commute. How we ever managed with paper charts amazes me. Get a reliable tablet with a cell data plan and you have it all.
This is flight planning made easy and without a suitcase full of paper you have to mess with all the time. This latest rev of the program is the best yet. And with ADS-B in it is great for planning traffic avoidance. Yes one can actually plan to avoid others rather than just dodge them. The connection to and appearance of data from ADS-B seems instant when paired with a Lynx NGT9000.
I also prefer NOS charts and plates to Jep. This is somewhat a religion issue but for me it is just what i grew up with.
Why not five stars? The briefing interface is a bit arcane but no worse than DUATS was. Leidos made a big improvement and I think WingX should too in this area. Part of the issue is not WingX but the NOTAM mess which even the government had complained about.
Drive on Hilton as I hope to have afew more decades of good product.
Really love this program
I took a four year hiates from flying and got back into it again last year. I had the best of avionics including a Garman 430. This program is really better in many respects and Only requires an iPad and a GPS transmitter. I'm only flying vfr now but could not have done the flights I have done in the busy northeast corrider weaving my way around different air spaces. It's a great GPS and has many many other functions that I don't really use. I Love this program. thank you
PS I got my IFR currency and love using the approach plates. Especially like the Geo referencing so I can see my plane's exact position as I do an approach. I have no problems with slow redraw rate or anything else. Support has been excellent. Program has everything – flight planning, E6B, IFR and VFR for maps, approach plates, Airport information, and weather. Just got ADS-B– from Open Flight and am looking forward to using it on my iPad to display weather and other aircraft. Great program thank you
ForeFlight be Wing X
I have been a long time user of WingX , and hope we very disappointed with the recent release as I had expected a lot more. I just received the “Subscription renewal “ notice about a week ago. I use both Wing x and the Advanced IFR add on. Once I received the renewal reminder , I decided to give ForeFlight a try. After using the 30 day trial for a Cooke or days and getting used to it , I have to say , ForeFlight is light years ahead of WingX. There are a few things I like better with wing x , but that’s probably because I have used it exclusively for 6 years , but Forflight offers so much more in every area , especially in flight planning , finding IFR cleared routes automatically, filing etc. sorry , WingX , I have made the switch to ForeFlight WingX still just doesn’t seem to want to invest in making their product more competitive and feature based.
- Hilton Software LLC
- 71.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009-2019 Hilton Software
- In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription $74.99
- Advanced IFR (One Year Subscription) $74.99
- VFR Free! $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.