We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire!
- Dynamic Deck Building: Choose your cards wisely! Discover hundreds of cards to add to your deck with each attempt at climbing the Spire. Select cards that work together to efficiently dispatch foes and reach the top
- An Ever-changing Spire: Whenever you embark on a journey up the Spire, the layout differs each time. Choose a risky or safe path, face different enemies, choose different cards, discover different relics, and even fight different bosses!
- Powerful Relics to Discover: Powerful items known as relics can be found throughout the Spire. The effects of these relics can greatly enhance your deck through powerful interactions. But beware, obtaining a relic may cost you more than just gold…
- Possible work around for Game Center crash.
- Fixed crash on iOS 9 devices.
- Fixed displayed text for "The Bomb" and "Magnetism" powers.
- Fixed room rewards not displaying properly in Run History in Japanese.
- Fixed Fairy Potion description in Japanese.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing game, amazing gameplay, great app port
Keeping away from five stars for now since the port has a few kinks to get knocked loose. The game itself is great, highly addicting and superb replay-ability (since it’s impossible to play the same game twice), and the majority (if not all) of the game has been refined to its best state. When the iOS port was announced and subsequently released I was ecstatic, and bought it immediately!
However, as it’s meant for smaller screens and played with fingers, the port needs, in my opinion, some QoL changes to help the UI feel more friendly. First, many of the options in both the main menu and in other locations with small text are too small to comfortably use, as misclicks are all too often. Second, as others have said before, the card selection mechanics are a bit wonky ; to elaborate, there are multiple times I select a card to read it’s use, but then wish to play a different card. Due to the selected card hovering around my card-hand area, it makes it difficult to select a new card to play (especially with cards that can be played just by placing them on the field; those have a tendency to be played instead of de-selecting). Besides this slight nuisances and the occasional sound glitch, the game is amazing performance-wise for a full PC-to-iOS port! Must buy!
A few bugs, to keep it from perfect
So I love this game, new to the deck building genre, but I heard this one was the best. So I bought it right when I saw it drop. Everything good, except for a few bugs, small, but nonetheless need to be fixed. One is text in my the relics, when you have a relic that has a status the effect of the status stays popped up which will block the definition of the relic sometimes leaving you having to guess how it works or what triggers it, also the touch controls are a bit finicky when trying to read the card from your hand, I have iPhone X, and when you want to read what a card does you have to slide it up just a bit till it sticks up, when sometimes with a skill card is confused with playing it and in turn you play the card you wanted to read. This is bothersome, why not just hold the card to read? Other deck builders have that where you hold card and it magnifies it, this would be better honestly. Those 2 things fixed this Is by far a 5 star game, I wanted to give 5 star in Faith but I want to see if you’ll make changes.
Great game, iOS port needs work
I’ve sunk an embarrassing number of hours into the PC version of Slay the Spire, and I was overjoyed when I learned it was coming to iOS. However, there are several annoyances with the iOS version:
1. I can’t listen to music or podcasts while I play. Even with all the sound effects and music turned down to 0, the game kills anything I’m listening to in the background as soon as I launch it. Would it kill the developers to add a mute option in the settings menu so I can listen to something else while I play?
2. The devs implemented some sort of invisible “mouse cursor” for lack of a better word to track user touches. The problem is, whenever a card or enemy appears under the last position of this invisible “cursor,” it appears as selected. This has caused me to accidentally play cards I didn’t intend to several times when trying to deselect a card that happened to be underneath this invisible cursor.
3. Screen real estate feels poorly used on the phone version. Text on cards is almost illegibly tiny. It’s easy to accidentally switch out of the app when trying to select a card, and in many cases, card text is obscured by the app switcher bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Humble Bundle, Inc.
- 1 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 MegaCrit, LLC.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.