The best ski tracking experience on iPhone and Apple Watch - whether you're deep in the Alps or at a local hill. Say hello to your new favorite app!
New for the 2020/2021 Season - Resort Maps & Conditions!
• MAPS: Trail maps and other resort information, plus average statistics for Slopes riders at that resort.
• CONDITIONS: Real-Time Reports based on user ratings. What Slopes says is based on real riders, not an overly-optimistic picture a resort might want to paint.
• WIDGET: Home Screen widget for Resort Conditions. Pick your favorite resort(s) & pin their conditions to your home screen.
• LOCALIZATION: Slopes is now available in German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Japanese.
Tracking your winter adventures has never been this easy, or this much fun! With Slopes you'll:
• Automatically track every lift & run you take just by leaving your phone in your pocket.
• Know your speed, vertical, distance, and more.
• Have battery left at the end of the day.
• Push yourself to improve by comparing vs last season's stats.
• Compete against your friends with (private) seasonal leaderboards across 7 stats.
• Never forget to record with helpful location-based or time-based recording reminders.
• Show off your stats on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using customizable share cards.
• Have access to trail maps for resorts world-wide.
• Know what other Slopes riders are saying about the snow quality at a resort.
• Automatically sync your activities to Strava.
Why you’ll love Slopes:
• All the iOS/watchOS features you expect & love: Siri, HealthKit / ring credit, handoff, multi-window support on iPad, automatic photo library integration, and more.
• Slopes's unique timeline view of your day merging an interactive map and detailed stats.
• Replay your recordings in AR with virtual 3D mountains.
• Privacy-focused: accounts are optional, Sign in with Apple is supported if/when you create one.
• Built & designed by a snowboarder that's sweating the details to make the perfect ski app.
Questions? Feedback? Use the "Help & Support" section in-app or visit help.getslopes.com.
If you purchase an Annual Pass or a Household Pass, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your account will automatically be charged for renewal within a 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless you disable auto-renew. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://getslopes.com/terms.html
Note: GPS is required so Slopes will not work indoors, and iPads and iPods will not be able to record with Slopes. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Other factors such as the phone's temperature, battery health, and other apps running in the background can also affect battery performance. All-day battery life was tested on an iPhone 8.
- Added Russian translation, the second language to be brought to you by other Slopes users (thanks lisachev and petr.kashlikov!)
- Improvements to the UX when using PayPal via iTunes and those countries in Europe with a new two-step checkout process in iTunes. Slopes won't incorrectly report an error when there was actually wasn't one.
- Dug through the customer support emails for this season and made improvements based on common confusions:
- You can now remove friends via the friends tab too (icon in top right brings up option).
- Added a message if you have Slopes Cloud Backup turned off that lets you know you can't participate in the stat comparisons with friends (no data on the server).
- Promoted two FAQs up to the main help screen.
- Tweaked some labels to make some buttons / options clearer.
- Added some other new FAQs and rewrote some existing ones to be clearer / more helpful.
- My help provider, HelpScout, has made some nice improvements to their in-app help system over the year. So now launching into that when you view an FAQ instead of the web interface.
- Fixed an issue on the summary screen where the red / black / gray dots could be way, way, too big.
- Server-side fix, but fixed the case where the "recent change" green arrows on the friends tab would stick around longer than 2 weeks.
- Fixed two missing icons on the compare run screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works on my iPhone 6 again!
At the start of the ski season, I tried to use Slopes, but iOS had offloaded it since I hadn’t used it during the off-season. I couldn’t get it to download again and after several tries, finally discovered that it now only works on iOS 13 and up. The developer claims you can keep using the old version, but if you have to reinstall, you can’t get the old one back. Now switching to a competitor that still supports iOS 12. As a developer myself, it’s generally a good idea to support at least the previous iOS version.
Update: After the developer contacted me, I was able to reinstall an older version of the app. Apple did not make this easy to find. I added two more stars due to the developer’s prompt response. However, I would still like to see support for at least one iOS version back for new updates. Most apps I checked still support back to iOS 10.
Update 2: The developer supports iOS 12 again! Greatly appreciated and definitely noticed performance improvements and less battery drain. Thanks again for making this change!
Developer Response ,
Hey Starkiller, you can totally still use it with the 6 (since you previously downloaded it)! Apple just doesn't make that 100% clear how. In the App Store go to the Updates tab, and you'll see the "Purchased" option at the top. Hit that and find Slopes in the list. Apple lets you download older versions of apps as long as the developer approves it. I made sure to keep a version around for people on 12. I've got ya covered.
Update: I went ahead and put in a lot of work to retrofit iOS 12 support into Slopes, meeting your request to support one version older of iOS. Hope you enjoy all the new goodies!
Fantastic app for any skiers/snowboarders looking to track their day on the slopes. The data the app gives even without the premium pass is still very cool and helpful. You can view your top speed, longest run length, a timeline of all lift rides and runs with an animation on a 2D map, etc.
The premium pass somehow makes it 10x better, with precise lift and run times for each run, instantaneous speeds on any run, a 3D google-earth like view of your day on the slopes, a graph with your heart rate and speed along the timeline, and many other things that would take too long to list here. I would HIGHLY recommend this app, and if you can afford the premium pass, even just for a day or a single trip, I would also highly recommend it.
The only issue I have had with the app is the last 90 min of one of my days not recording, which I think was due to me accidentally force closing the app; otherwise, it is absolute 🔥. I almost never write reviews, but this app deserved my time. (Which should tell y’all something)
What would Jesse Pinkman do?
I give a 5 star. I was gifted an Apple Watch for Christmas and have been recording as many days on snow as I can. (So far iv got 28 days, 258runs) I really enjoy being able to look back at my day and see each run, even with the free version. I am however very forgetful and sometimes forget to stop the recording and the app records my ride home as a result. I know I can edit those out with the features provided. I wish there was a way for the app to be able to recognize when iv left the resort, and am on main roads, so that an auto stop would activate and auto log while I’m driving. I get that that’s asking a lot for someone who’s lazy and just forgetting to simply hit stop, but i think, in my opinion, that it would make the app better. You’ve already improved in so many ways since the 26th of dec. and I thank you for that! Thank you for a lock, the stop without pause, and the safety features for glade trials.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Breakpoint Studio LLC
- 71.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Breakpoint Studio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Slopes Premium Unlimited $24.99
- Slopes Single Pass $3.99
- Slopes Premium Family Plan $39.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.