Do you ever grab a calculator & the back of an envelope to work through an idea or problem that involves some math?
This is what Soulver is for. You do the thinking, Soulver will do the number crunching for you.
With Soulver, you can work through your idea or problem line-by-line, using text and numbers together (just like you would on paper).
When Soulver sees something it can calculate, it will display the answer alongside your text.
You kinda have to try it to get it, but once you do, Soulver will become an invaluable part of your problem-solving toolkit.
Here is just some of the "day-to-day" calculating that Soulver can do for you:
– Everything you'd expect from a regular calculator, PLUS:
– Live currency conversions (185 supported currencies, including crypto-currencies)
– Instant sums, averages or counts of lists of numbers
– Percentage math using intuitive natural language functions
– Unit conversions (180+ supported units)
– Calendar math (dates, time intervals, clock time calculations, video timecode calculations)
– Time zone conversions
– Financial functions, like compound interest & mortgage repayments.
– Working with lap times (HH:MM:SS)
– Proportions, random numbers, rates, fractions, multipliers, & much more…
More advanced users use Soulver for building reusable & sharable sheets, taking advantage of:
– Multi-word variables (like "total cost = $750")
– Live references to previous lines (like spreadsheets)
– If/then/else statements
– Comments & headings for structure
– Variable auto-completing (just press escape)
– Export into many formats, including PDF & HTML
– Complete calculator customizability: add custom units, global variables, set custom styling (font & colors) & choose your answer formatting preferences
Soulver is deeply integrated into macOS & includes:
– Dark mode support
– A system wide Spotlight-like "QuickSoulver", with global hotkey and menu bar trigger
– Spotlight & QuickLook integration
– Quick operators via the Touch Bar
- A Shortcuts action
– A great accessibility experience, with full VoiceOver support
– System-wide "Calculate Anywhere" macOS text services
– URL schemes & deep linking to individual sheets
We offer a 30-day free trial with no limitations.
Let Soulver start doing the math for you today!
This update adds a new assertions feature, and fixes all known bugs.
- Added an assert() function that you can use to verify an expected variable condition is true
- The answer column will show red exclamation marks & the variable value to bring your attention to a line with a failing assertion
- Explicitly format answers in scientific notation using "in scientific notation" or "in sci": i.e "10500 in sci" (= 1.05e4)
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause a crash on launch
- Fixed a bug with certain expressions involving a currency conversion followed by a division not working correctly (thanks Anton)
- Fixed a bug where clock times that use dot instead of colon could fail to work correctly in interval calculations (thanks Raphael)
- Fixed a bug that could produce unwanted duplicate lines in a duplicated document (thanks Felipe)
- Fixed an issue with laptimes not summing with unit expressions of time in subtotals (thanks Jasper)
- Multiplying incompatible units now produces an error (thanks Oliver)
- Fixed an issue with the "fraction of x" phrase inside a variable declaration (thanks Max)
- Improved QuickSoulver behaviour across multiple displays (thanks Stefan)
- Numbers with ordinal prefixes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc) are now ignored as comments, and won't affect results (thanks Frank)
- Logical operators (&& and ||) now have lower precedence than addition and subtraction operators (previously they had the same precedence)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Tool, Great Support -
I'm not a math geek or a programmer so I was really taken with the simplicity and ease of use in Soulver 2 when I got it. I've been using Soulver 2 on my Mac, iPad and phone, for a few years and have been very satisfied. I was going to wait until the ios versions of 3 were ready because, really, I travel all the time so I may set up things on the Mac but I use them in all kinds of mibil application. I broke down and bought 3 because of the features and flexibility and, frankly, to help support this guy in his work and to encourage him to get to work on ios. What I found so far is that I can take advantage of a lot of the ease of use in 3 while brainstorming and then copy and paste a lot of what I do with little or no correction, editing ondreconstruction when I copy and paste it back to 2 so it will sync to my icloud. This app makes me smarter and it makes my life easier.
I absolutely LOVE this app. I had an old free version for a long time, and used it every day. I have been waiting for the updated version so I could add to ALL my Apple devices, and the day has come. BUY THIS APP. It is a tool that works like you think. In addition to the awesome functionality, the developer has made it easy to SEE samples on the ‘get started’ guide that is convenient to use. All functions are clearly communicated in a list that is easy to navigate. One tip - to start a new sheet, look on the right side of the page for the little pen icon. I was looking on the left, but it is on the right. I start a new sheet for my frequently used notes that I can quickly edit, and keep them in the list. LOVE THIS. Thanks for creating :)
Developer Response ,
So glad you're finding Soulver useful, thank you for the lovely comments.
Where have you been all my life?
First off, thank you for the 30 day free trial of all the features. It was helpful to determine if this app is worth the investment. 2 weeks in to the trial and I am gladly paying for the full version. Every day I need to quickly determine the number of days/weeks/months from a specific date at work, and for years resigned to counting on a calendar because other apps were too cumbersome. Soulver 3 makes this super fast. This app is completely different in the way you can think through problems and not need formulas. As a fan of spreadsheets, I look forward to learning what else this powerful app can do.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zac Cohan
- 15.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.5 or later.
English, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Acqualia Software OÜ
- In-App Purchases
- 30-day free trial $0.00
- Soulver 3 for Mac $34.99
- Soulver 3 for iPad $19.99
- 30-day free trial $0.00
- Soulver Stocks $19.99
- Complementary Upgrade $0.00
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.