**** LIMITED TIME Launch Special (Regular Price: $9.99 USD)
**** Use your iPhone as an extra monitor to your MAC or PC! ****
**** Developed by the Creator of Splashtop Remote Desktop, the #1 iOS Business App Developer, with over 20 million users! ****
*** Please contact us at http://support-xdisplay.splashtop.com/home if you have any problem extending or mirroring your computer screen to your iPhone. The App Store does not offer a way for us to respond to user issues. ***
Splashtop Wired XDisplay turns an iPhone into an extra display for your computer, enhancing productivity.
* High Performance (1080P or retina display at 60fps)
* Support for Windows 7 default Aero desktop theme featuring translucent windows
* Auto orientation when iPhone is turned (works in both landscape and portrait modes)
* Ability to choose the position of your extended display relative to the computer
* Secure wired connection
1. Download Splashtop Wired XDisplay (this app)
2. Download and run the FREE Splashtop Wired XDisplay Agent on your MAC or PC at http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
3. Connect your iPhone to MAC or PC using a lightning or 30 pin cable
* Windows 7, 8, 10, and later
* MAC OSX 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and later
* Currently only supports computers with at least one unused video display output
* When Windows Aero is disabled, certain functions might not be available
To learn more: http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
- Enhanced Win7, 8 & 8.1 Support: Please download the new Windows Agent from http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
- Bug Fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
It works ok, but too much CPU usage on W10
Works well, feels smoothly, just some little milliseconds of delay; the only problem is that I think that the CPU usage its too big, I looked at process manager and Splashtop uses almost all the time 30% of my CPU, It’s my first monitor extender, I don’t know if it’s normal, but that’s a big sacrifice on a 2014 intel i3. I was thinking on buy the HD version in order to enjoy my full iPad’s screen, but I don’t know if it will worth it.
Works great for what I need it to be
Very pleasantly surprised to find out it stays active even when you don't have the app open in the foreground. I needed to use a Windows laptop as a second monitor (because I don't want to go buy a dedicated monitor when there's a perfectly fine screen on my l other laptop), so I just open a screen sharing app and have it focus on this display, and I can still use my iPhone as normal while the app runs in the background.
Conflicts with XDisplay for iPad
I've had this app for sometime with my iPad and have been satisfied with it. Seeing that it is offered now for iPhone, I thought I would buy it to use as a small 3rd monitor. WRONG. You can use the iPad or the iPhone; but you can't use the iPad AND the iPhone. They tell you in the requirements that you need at least one open USB port for your Lightning cable. What they should say is that you only need one USB port because that is all you are ever going to use. Glad I only wasted $2.00 on it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.