*** This app is for users with a subscription to Splashtop Business. ***
Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to remotely access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad, iPhone, and other devices! Over 18 million users are enjoying Splashtop’s award-winning and high-performance remote desktop products.
Our new Splashtop Business makes it simple to deploy Splashtop throughout your whole team.
Your team members will be able to remotely access all of the applications and files on their PCs and Macs, just as if they were sitting in front of their computers:
- Access PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, IE, Quicken, CAD/CAM, and any legacy corporate applications
- Navigate easily on the iPad with on-screen shortcuts mapped to commonly used functions. Use the pre-created profiles for popular apps or create your own.
- Annotate on the iPad over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
- Access reliably from anywhere, via Splashtop’s global network of secure, high-performance servers
- Fully secured end-to-end with SSL and 256-bit AES encryption
- Optimized streaming performance that automatically adapts to varying network conditions over Wi-Fi and 3G/4G
As the admin, you will be able to manage and control access:
- Invite, enable, and disable users
- Control members’ access to different computers
- View usage history and device list
- Reset user accounts and more
- Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7/8/10, Vista, XP and Windows Server) or Mac (10.7 and higher).
- New feature: Support two concurrent sessions to a computer (for users of Splashtop Remote Support Plus and Splashtop SOS).
- New feature: Connect as Admin. Enter your admin credentials to elevate the privilege of the SOS connection, so you can perform admin management tasks (for Splashtop SOS).
- New feature: Use multiple accounts and switch among them swiftly.
- New feature: “Request Permission to Connect” security option is improved. The timer is longer, and can be configured to reject or allow connection after timer expires.
- New feature: Show “User Activity” in computer info page.
- New feature: The position of arrow keys and scrollbar can be configured by in-session “Configure On-Screen Tools” button.
- New feature: Add localization for 5 languages: German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Removed feature: Picture-in-Picture is no longer supported for it is incompatible with newer iOS.
- Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fails on iPhone
I’ve had this app a while. It worked at first and I was satisfied but for 3 months I’ve been unable to log in from my iPhone. No luck with Splashtop support. I only give it a 2 because I can still use it if I have access to a pc or iMac to access via browser.
Update: support has been working with me. I’m able to access with iPhone in non-wireless mode. That’s an improvement and I’m encouraged that they will find the complete solution. Upgrading rating to 4
I’m reviewing the iOS app specifically. I’ve been using Splashtop Business for several years now, and been largely happy with it on PC/Mac, and it seems to work well even on iOS with one caveat: It absolutely destroys battery life. If I forget to force close the app, it will tank the battery on my iPhone 8 Plus in a matter of hours. Another user posted a review, and Splashtop responded that this was a known issue and it would be fixed in the next version. That was six months ago. Why is it still an issue?! I don’t know what the app is doing in the background (it’s not supposed to be doing ANYTHING,) but it is using a whole lot of battery. I wonder if someone is mining crypto currency or something?!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, and sorry to hear that. But we can assure you that our apps are not processing anything else in the background. We offer fast and remote access solutions and our applications are tailored for only this purpose.
The behavior you mention is known and will be resolved in the 184.108.40.206. version update. This is a major update and therefore takes longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
Needs update for newer devices
Works well, but needs to be updated for newer devices. Devices such as the iPhone X and newer will have the screen cut off on the top and sides when zooming. I’m constantly switching between landscape and portrait to see the side of the screen!
Reply: Update your app. Changing the resolution of the remote computers is not a viable solution. The app should properly handle zooming with any resolution. The top and bottom should be considered. See Apple’s app design documentation on “safe space.” Also, check out how other apps handle this correctly. TeamViewer is a good example.
Developer Response ,
thanks for your review. We would like to earn your 5 stars. Could you please try using different resolution settings to find the best fitting one for your use case?
- Splashtop Inc.
- 32.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Splashtop Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.