Strongbox is an application for keeping all your passwords safely stored and protected by one master password. Supporting the open source Password Safe and KeePass formats.
*** Supports Family Sharing ***
*** Features ***
- Touch ID & Apple Watch Unlock for the ultimate in convenience, security and speed.
- YubiKey protection - secure your databases with a hardware token.
- Secure - protected by time tested military grade cryptography.
- Search your entire set of passwords and secrets instantly and powerfully, with deep search. Autocomplete new entries, and auto generate secure passwords.
- Standards compliant - using the time tested Password Safe and KeePass formats so you can import any existing password safe you have.
- Features galore
- Incredibly configurable password generation including Diceware (XKCD) & regular passwords.
- Timed Auto Clear Clipboard.
- Entry History.
- KeePass Field References, Tags, Custom Icon & FavIcons (including automatic search & download).
- Two Factor Authentication codes (TOTP) - QR Code, Steam & Manual.
*** Strongbox is Freemium ***
This means that Strongbox is free with a basic feature set, but if you like there are enhanced Pro features too. You can opt-in to a Free Trial of all the Pro features if you like, no obligations, but most find the Free version perfectly adequate.
• Strongbox provides In-App Purchases (both auto renewable subscriptions and one-off non-consumable) for Pro versions of the App
• An outright/upfront (i.e. non In-App Purchase) option exists also, please see the Strongbox website for details.
• Subscriptions are auto renewable with recurring billing. Cancel anytime.
• The time period of the subscriptions are monthly or yearly at users discretion
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• AutoFill Server: Search API groundwork and improve Icon performance
• Localization Updates
If you are enjoying the new version of Strongbox it would be great if you could leave a positive review for us in the App Store. It makes a huge difference to us as Indie Developers. Thank you!
If you're experiencing any problems or are not happy, just let us know (email@example.com) and we'll make it right.
- The Strongbox Team
Ratings and Reviews
Best Password Manager - avoid a vendor lock-in with this app!
This app is the one I use the most on my iPad - my personal #1 app. A good password manager makes daily use so much easier and is essential for your own security. I use it not only for passwords, but also for other sensitive information (e.g. ID data) that should not be stored unprotected. What makes this password manager stand out: - I don't know of any password manager with a better feature set (and I've tested many). - The product is actively supported. The developer takes suggestions for improvement and makes the app even better with each release. - There is no compulsion to use a vendor cloud solution. A cloud solution - however it is designed - always has the potential security risk of a design flaw or hack! That is not the case here. - The password database is stored using an open database format. There are open source solutions for access on any platform. So access / export of your own password database is always guaranteed. With many other proprietary solutions you have a vendor lock-in after a very short time, you cannot export your data. Migrating hundreds of passwords manually is not an option. If such a vendor would stop providing the service you would have a big problem - and we are not talking about loosing access to some cloud stored holiday pictures.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying using Strongbox.
If its not Tim Apple’s #1 passcode manager, it should be!
Having purchased my first Apple device (ipad mini5) in 2020, I was looking for a solid password manager to run my kdbx files. I narrowed it down to two choices: Strongbox and Keepassium. Since they both offered free trials, I evaluated them side by side. Both developers are responsive professionals and both have created fine applications. Ultimately, I deleted Keepassium and chose to purchase a pro lifetime subscription to Strongbox. I am highly satisfied with Mark’s app. The deciding factor was simple: my eye preferred the sexy look and slick feel of Strongbox. It runs perfectly, it’s easy to use, and does exactly what I need it to do while maintaining bomb proof security. Even though it is more work, I choose to manually sync the database files with my Tresorit account. But Strongbox does feature auto-sync compatibility with other cloud storage companies if I change my mind. Thank you so much for creating (and maintaining) such a exceptional application! It is one of my all time favorites because it’s a solid and indispensable app for serious users.
Developer Response ,
Wow, thank you so much for this wonderfully written and detailed review. We're all very stoked you like the app, and it really means a lot to receive reviews like this. Thank you for your support.
Best option for iOS
As a KeePass power user (over 900 entries), I am on the prowl for the most safe, user-friendly, and reliable KeePass app on iOS. Originally a MiniKeePass user, it started to fail me when I was locked out of my own database because MiniKeePass did not support Argon2 encryption algorithm. Luckily, I searched on Reddit's /r/KeePass subreddit, and found StrongBox was on the list of official recommendations for iOS. Sure enough, not only did it support Argon2 encryption, but it offered a whole host of nitfy features that MiniKeePass lacked, such as FaceID unlock (humongous game-changer in saving time from punching in passwords), easily visible TOTP token keys that you can copy & paste, and also Favicons that are preserved. I cannot express how impressed I am with StrongBox, it's the level of functionality and features that reminds me of Android's KeePass2Android, but even superior. Do yourself a favor and grab the Pro version, and support this wonderful developer! Being open-sourced, vetted, and safe is important to me, and StrongBox checks all these boxes.
I would highly recommend to my family and friends.
Developer Response ,
Wow, really appreciate this review! Thank you for such a detailed report, I'm very happy you like the app! All the best, -Mark
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Phoebe Code Limited
- 31.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Phoebe Code Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Strongbox Pro (Yearly) $18.99
- Strongbox Pro (Monthly) $3.99
- Medium Tip $19.99
- Little Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $9.99
- Yearly Tip $19.99
- Large Tip $99.99
- Huge Tip $199.99
- Monthly Tip $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.