SunVox is one of the most powerful music creation tools for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• MIDI import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line recording (using the Sampler).
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 instrument), Audiobus.
• Generative music features: random selection of notes, random values of controllers, probability effects.
• It's possible to use SunVox engine in your own applications using the free library for developers.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
Official SunVox homepage, user manual, video tutorials:
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
SunVox is amazing!!
Yes this app won’t cost you much money, it’s free on Mac, PC, Linux and even Raspberry Pi if you really want to try before buying. I was trying to make a stand alone box running it on Raspberry Pi but then I realized it works so much better on my Phone and this was 3 years ago. It can do so much and continues to get developed to be even better year after year. Some people don’t care for Trackers well I don’t either and I don’t use it often. I has infinite possibilities for sound creation. Works flawlessly on everything from my old 2011 iPad 2 running the latest SunVox version to my new 2017 iPad Pro.
I’m just resending my same review as before because the iOS review system is stupid!
Fantastical App. Best music creating app on the store
This is the best creating app on the store. I look forward to new features and updates. One problem I have though. Mid editing, if I receive a call, the app freezes when I end the call. Then I have to restart it. Sometimes it will let me save. Other times not. But all of those times it happens, I cannot anything but access the menu. It won’t even let me move the cursor in the pattern editor. Hope this gets fixed, because it is really frustrating to lose really good data.
Pretty much the only music program for iOS worth having
Only DAW worth having on your iPhone. GarageBand can be nice for its realistic synth patches, but in terms of how much editing/composing options you have, SunVox beats any other app, including GarageBand, by FAR. I'm not even gonna start listing all the things you can do, but basically if you can do it in Logic/FL/Ableton/Renoise,you can do it in SunVox (minus a few things like VSTs, and the specific functions of a few VSTs like Harmor, although there is an FFT synth in SunVox)... BUY THIS APP
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.