This interactive, free tax refund calculator provides quick, accurate insights into how much you’ll get back or owe this year. It's easy. Just enter some basic info and watch your refund add up.
And now, free data transfer for new TurboTax customers. Send your TaxCaster data over to TurboTax to pre-select questions and start filing.
• Up-to-date: Updated to 2019 tax laws for an accurate tax refund estimate
• Know your taxes: Use an estimate from the federal income tax calculator to get a quick read on your taxes before you prepare your tax return.
• Plan ahead: Run scenarios on life events like getting married, having a baby or buying a home. Adjust your paycheck withholdings so you take home more money or plan ahead so you pay less tax.
• NEW! Data transfer: If you are a new TurboTax customer, you can send your TaxCaster data over to TurboTax to pre-select questions.
• NEW! TaxCaster en Español: If your device language is set to Spanish, the app will default to the Spanish setting. You can also override the default/change the language in the app settings.
• Family of apps: Navigation drawer that lets you easily switch to other Intuit apps: TurboTax, Turbo℠, Mint and ItsDeductible.
• NOTE: TaxCaster doesn't prepare your taxes. You can use it to estimate your taxes, and then use TurboTax to prepare and file your taxes.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, please visit: https://security.intuit.com/privacy
Lean and mean, TaxCaster is ready for tax year 2019! We've updated the app with all the latest 2019 tax laws. We also fixed a bug with the currency input amounts not being visible in Dark Mode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Mobile Tax Calculator, I Just Wish I Could See My State Tax Estimate As Well.
This app has definitely helped me with estimating my federal tax refund. My only wish with this tax estimator is to give the user the ability to see their state tax estimate in addition to seeing their federal tax estimate.
*Also I’d like to say thank you to the developer for listening to my prior complaint not only fixing the issue, but also responding to me with a message letting me know you guys updated the app with a fix for the issue I was having.
Developer Response ,
Just wanted to reach out to let you know that we have fixed the issue with not being able to see your input values when in dark mode. If you download the 11.1 version, you will have the fix. Thanks again for using TaxCaster!
-TaxCaster mobile team
Missing a crucial part
It doesn’t account for ACA healthcare (Obamacare) and federal discounts received, which was the crucial thing I needed it for. Discounts are granted based off estimated AGI at the start of the year, if your AGI ends up higher at the end of the year, you have to pay back the discount at tax time. And If you are over the amount to qualify, you pay it ALL back and end up owning THOUSANDS of dollars on your tax return. That single aspect can swing your tax refund in a huge way, and it’s not included in this app as far as I can tell.
Beyond that, it was easy to use and the interface was pleasant. Just totally inaccurate for our situation.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! As you've noticed, TaxCaster is a refund estimator and doesn't have all of the possible tax situations, but the most common ones that people have. If you're not seeing your situation covered, you can use TurboTax to get an estimate, and file there if you want to. We'll pass your feedback to our product team as well to consider for our roadmap in the future - TaxCaster Mobile Team
Where’s 2019 TaxCaster?
2018 version good. Will you have. 2019 version anytime soon or do we use the current app?
Update: Why not have two entry points for filers? One for 2018 filers on extensions and one for 2019? I’m sure the number of 2019 filers outnumber the 2018 filers working on extensions. Putting out the 2019 calculator in late October doesn’t leave much time to make any adjustments. Thanks for first response.
Developer Response ,
Just wanted to reach out to let you know that TaxCaster is updated for the 2019 tax year! Please download the latest (version 11) to forecast your 2019 tax return!
TaxCaster Mobile Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.