Food you love without the wait.
Order ahead from your favorite restaurants. Customize your order, pay in seconds, and pick it up in-store. Toast TakeOut is your VIP access to the best food.
We've added performance enhancements and bug fixes to make your food experience even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Love App but need customer support for app users
Really enjoyed this app, however after having my phone stolen and getting a new number I could not log into my account on my new phone as it kept trying to do two factor identification with my old stolen number. I called a customer support line I found on Google, but they were only for restaurants. He said there was no line for app users. The guy was still really nice and gave some suggestions. I was able to get back into my account by pretending I forgot my password, and was able to reset it without the two factor identification. However now when I try to change my phone number in the app to avoid this in the future, it won’t let me. While this is a weird situation, these are also seemingly strange app features and the fact there is no number or email for app user support is also strange. Hope this review helps someone in the future!
How to Pay?
Decent App. Use it every day, but I have two problems with it:
1) Setting up Payment- there seems to be no way to set up a new payment option (new credit card) without first trying to purchase something. If you go to your personal profile, you can see your payment options, but there’s no way to edit them! What the...? You can delete them, just can’t add or edit. Sooo...you order something, then click payment options, THEN you can add a different card if you want. Not easy in a hands free world when I’m driving to work, approaching my garage and want to quickly place my order before I park and head to the coffee shop. What am I missing???
2) someone recently gave me a gift certificate to that favorite coffee shop mentioned in 1) above. On the back of the gift card, it’s says “powered by Toast”, and there’s even a scannable barcode. But guess what? there’s no way to load the gift card into toast. Soooo....while I have this cool app, and I have this gift card to my favorite coffee shop, all powered by TOAST, I still pay for coffee at my favorite coffee shop with my old credit card, and I’ve got 50 bucks sitting on a gift card I don’t use because my coffee is all paid for (on my old card) when I get there. Uggh!
Reduced Restaurant Delivery Radius
I would’ve given this app a much better rating if I were basing my review solely on the pick-up aspect of it. It’s pretty straightforward, and the menu options available tend to be more comprehensive than what some of its competitors offer for the same restaurants.
Nonetheless, as I personally tend to order delivery more often than pickup, the inexplicably limited delivery radius prevents me from enjoying said benefit in most cases. As a result, I find myself left with far fewer restaurant choices in general on ToastTab if I want to have my order delivered.
It is frustrating to me, because I cannot understand the reasoning behind said strict delivery distances. Even though ToastTab is merely serving as an intermediary for DoorDash: facilitating the placement, payment, and contracted delivery of orders for various restaurants, they still apparently dictate the overarching limitations, on delivery distance, as I’ve l found that DoorDash DOES offer delivery for many of the places listed as “too far” on Toast, for a $0 fee, and at roughly 1/3 the delivery minimum!
So, not only do I lose out on the food, but the app and restaurant lose as well, because I walk away with the $30+ I was willing to spend to meet their minimum ($18 more than I would’ve had to w/ DoorDash directly), and neither of them profits either. It seems silly, when they stood to successfully execute such an obscene upsell without lifting a finger!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toast, Inc.
- 39.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Toast, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.