Anyone can turn inspirations into 3D creations in uMake, awarded iPad Pro App of the Year.
Fully-featured and easy to use, it empowers both CAD pros and novices and engages teachers and students alike. A quick sketch or a few primitives are all it takes to start modeling ideas in 3D. Get precise, useful, and inspiring results as you sketch, edit, export, visualize, render, and share your creations from the freedom of your iPhone or iPad.
Whether you're creating 3D models for fun, education, work, or your business, uMake has intuitive, powerful features that enhance and express your creativity.
uMake helps you realize your vision in industrial design, product design, architecture, interior design, fashion, graphic design, UX design, fine arts, stage design and theater, hobbies, and more. Designers, artists, engineers, students, educators, and makers are discovering unique ways to create and learn in uMake.
FINGER FRIENDLY, GREAT WITH APPLE PENCIL
- Model with just your fingertips, or sketch precisely with an Apple Pencil
- Supports Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity
- Draw freely, just like on paper, with sketch planes, snap tools, dimensions, and more
POWERFUL ENGINE, PROFESSIONAL TOOLS
- Create smooth, accurate NURBS vector-based curves and surfaces
- Sketch freely in 3D as you ideate, or draw precise dimensions for professional CAD
- Enjoy essential mass modeling tools, including Push and Pull, Extrude, Extrude along Path, Revolve, and Array
- Model quickly with Symmetry and Mirroring tools
- Stay organized with Layers and Geometry Grouping
COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR FAVORITE DESIGN APPS
- Move projects between your favorite painting, drawing, CAD, and 3D printing apps and programs
- Export in IGES, STEP, OBJ, and STL formats
- Import and batch import SKP (SketchUp, 3D Warehouse), IGES, STEP, OBJ, STL, and SVG files
- Import reference photos and images, such as blueprints or floor plans
- Use uMake alongside SketchUp, Procreate, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, Rhino3D, PTC OnShape, Concepts, Paper, Morpholio, Alias, Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Catia, Solid Edge, Maya, 3DS Max, MeshMixer, Netfabb, Shapr3D, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Inkscape, and many more!
VISUALIZE, RENDER, AND SHARE, RIGHT HERE IN UMAKE
- Exclusive built-in photorealistic rendering engine for beautiful, fast results with easy setup
- Library of textures, lighting, and presets
- Imagine your designs in the real world with Augmented Reality (AR)
- Create presentations and share your ideas right inside uMake
MANY WAYS TO LEARN AND EXPLORE
- 250+ pre-made models to get you started
- In-app video tutorials and demos of each tool or setting
- Free 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day tutorials
- Comprehensive online knowledge base
- Ask questions or suggest features in our friendly user forums
- 2015 iPad Pro App of the Year
- Best of App Store 2015
- Editors' Choice
GET IN TOUCH
We'd love to hear from you! If you have questions, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram (@umake), Facebook (@umake.xyz), and Twitter (@uMakeXYZ) for more updates.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
* Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a uMake subscription.
For more information, please visit:
New Update! Check out the "What's New" section in the help popup to learn more. Here's a quick summary:
* iPhone Landscape Mode - use your iPhone on landscape mode, and things would work as they do on the iPad.
* Better Selection Box Snap - moving and scaling objects in space is easier now!
* Sketch Planes with Camera View - captured sketch planes now include their camera view.
If you missed out on our recent update, here's a quick recap:
* Introducing a brand new user-experience!
* All panels are organized in a simple and clear way. Change the panel's height and width by pressing & dragging from the edges.
* Floor Settings - control the floor shadow opacity, reflection opacity, and reflection roughness.
* Textures - enjoy a library of brand new textures!
* Share & Publish Popover - easily export your designs with the share popup
* Settings Card - adjust general editor's settings with ease
* Help - learn uMake quickly and easily with the help popup
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but...LAG
I am running this app on the 2017 iPad but I'm still having performance issues! What keeps happening is that my iPad CAN handle the polygons being rendered but the issue is when I go into 3-D flyover mode it has to load back in a bunch of shadows. That really bogs down my iPad and I have to wait a few seconds before I can do anything, and that's with small things! So maybe if you make it so that the shadows either or there, or they don't have to be loaded and unloaded constantly it would give the app better performance!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! You can turn off shadows from the "View" panel to improve the performance on the iPad.
Can you please write us at "firstname.lastname@example.org"?
It would be easier to communicate over there.
Not intuitive, plus misleading!
Update: when I downloaded this app and selected which option I wanted to pay for after my free trial, I chose the 7.95 a month option. Well to my surprise, I was charged 96$ at the end of my trial, yesterday. I only found out cause I was deleting the app and iPad had me manage my subscription, at which point I noticed that “once a year” was checked (I did NOT select this) and noticed the 7.95/mo option is ONLY for iPhone, not iPad. Well, why did you let me select it on my iPad when I installed it? Immediately changing my review from a 3 star to a one star because of this. False advertising.
OG: I really want to like this because it’s cheaper than Shapr3D, but it’s just not intuitive enough. I can’t even figure out how to delete a line I drew. When you’ve selected something the only way to unselect it is by clicking a check mark at the bottom options panel that comes up. That panel doesn’t even come with other options... I click a line and the option becomes “adjust curve”. But I don’t want to do that..... it’s a shame too because there are a chunk of included pre made objects for use (though not to real world scale....) and the lighting is so pretty and adjustable.... but the lack of intuit makes it unusable for me. Guess that’s why Shapr is 4x the cost!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thank you for this thoughtful feedback. Soon, we're going to release a significant update to the user-experience in uMake. Please write us at "email@example.com" - happy to let you know more about the upcoming changes. Also, the issues you mentioned could be easily solved now. Looking forward to hearing back from you! Thanks.
Kills my iPad Mini 2
I was loving this app as it has so much potential and I know I could really benefit from it in many areas but unfortunately it diminishes my battery life very quickly and that’s even when I have only this app running and nothing in the background also it lags terribly bad and crashes on me after a few extrudes or free hand shapes which is pretty bad if I can’t even do that. I was interested in going pro but if I can’t even get through the free version then I see no sense in wasting my time, effort or money. Perhaps it’s just my iPad since my iOS is up to date ect.
I would really like to use this app for my own work since I’ve seen some pretty amazing stuff come out of it in the community creations gallery and from tutorials. I’ve been following and doing the tuts which didn’t seem to give me much of an issue but when I go to create my own thing it does sadly.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your review and for listing the issues. We would love to address each of your concerns as we take our users experience quite seriously. Firstly, the iPad 2 is the oldest iPad that uMake runs on. As uMake is a 3D sketching application, it requires quite a fair amount of processing power. As models become more complex, there are more objects to render in 3D, and thus the demand for processing power increases. This can mean heavy battery usage, and as models become more complex, a slowdown in performance. This is the case with any 3D application, even running on high powered computers. As the iPad 2 features the first generation of 64bit processors that Apple made, it is working very hard to run uMake.
Going Pro: We are happy to hear you enjoyed the application so much you considered going pro, however to be clear, if you don't plan on exporting your creations out of uMake to further develop, or import work you are working on, then the free version would meet all of your creative needs.
Crashes - There are few known bugs right now with extrude along path, (especially when symmetry is on) that will cause uMake to crash. We will solve these bugs and more in future updates. We would be happy to discuss more or know more about your issues if you send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for the review. We would love to get you up and fully running!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UMake, Inc.
- 417.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 uMake, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Months $95.99
- uMake - 1 Month $15.99
- uMake - iPhone - Yearly $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.