ViewExif is a powerful metadata tool for your photos. With the help of ViewExif, you can not only view metadata of photos, but also edit and remove metadata in photo. Besides, it has an app extension, so you can view metadata right in Photos app.
Being able to read exif tags can be of great importance not only for beginners, but also for other photographers who want to find out what settings and tools were used to create a particular photograph.
For those people who want to protect privacy, this app is useful for you as well. When you send photos via email or share on social network, your personal information (geo location, taken date etc) is shared as well. If you upset to share those information, ViewExif is able to remove it before sharing.
* Display EXIF tags: Dimensions, Taken Date, ISO Speed, F Number, Exposure Time, Focal Length and more.
* Display IPTC tags: Star Ratings, Keywords, Description etc.
* Display geo location on map.
* Add star ratings, keywords and description on photo
* Remove metadata from photo
* Supported image formats (JPG, PNG, TIFF, HEIC) and RAW formats (CR2, NEF, DNG).
* Share photo w/o metadata on Twitter, Facebook, email.
* App extension for Photos app and 3rd-party apps such as Dropbox, FileExplorer etc.
* Dark Mode
===== CONTACT US =====
* Optimizes for iOS 15
* Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Overall good, missing one thing
Very useful app. I like that it can be used directly from photos with the action extension since I don’t want to open another app or give it access to all my photos. There are several of viewers/editors in the App Store but not many allow you to view description in IPTC. Make sure there are no line breaks in your description or it won’t all show up. One shortcoming is this app cuts off long descriptions.
* PLEASE add the ability to copy text from the description to the clipboard (extra points if you include 3D Touch). This would make it truly useful.
Doesn’t work in iOS 15.2 & Video Issue
App doesn’t work in iOS 15.2. Fix it!
App has no problems reading GPS data from pics sent through text or iMessage, but it cannot do the same with videos. Asks for permission to local photo library and the video isn’t even saved there. Not only that, but even after you grant it that permission, it still doesn’t work. You need to figure this out because it’s always had this problem or shortcoming.
gives most info l need
data details like file size. its a shamefor app to hide this info from everyone. and make ppl purchase an app for it.
no file name change. no video description. turning device 90* buggy. no list files.
but works for ios9.0. and it's small.
Does it really charge me 1$ every month??
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skyjos Co., Ltd.
- 6.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Skyjos Co., Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.