Easily manage & access your money.
New Walmart MoneyCard accounts now get:
Get your pay up to 2 days early with direct deposit. ¹
Earn cash back. 3% on Walmart.com, 2% at Walmart fuel stations, & 1% at Walmart stores, up to $75 each year. ²
Share the love. Order an account for free for up to 4 additional approved family members ages 13+.³
Get up to $200 overdraft protection with opt-in & eligible direct deposit. ⁴
No monthly fee with qualifying direct deposit of $500+. Otherwise, $5.94 per month. ⁵
Earn 2% annual interest (APY) on savings on up to $1,000 balance in your savings account. ⁶
Lock protection in the app. Misplaced card? Press LOCK to prevent purchases. Press UNLOCK to restore it instantly. ⁷
Use it for purchases everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S.
NO minimum balance or credit check to get a card today.
EASY WAYS TO MAKE DEPOSITS:
Direct Deposit your pay or government benefits.
Add money to your card from your existing bank account.
Free cash reloads with app at Walmart stores nationwide.
Deposit checks using your smartphone
Questions about your Walmart MoneyCard?
Log in to walmartmoneycard.com & email us, or call us at the number on the back of your card.
Must be 18 or older to purchase a Walmart MoneyCard. Activation requires online access and identity verification (including SSN) to open an account. Mobile or email verification and mobile app are required to access all features. See account agreements for fees, terms and conditions at https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/account/legal-info
1. Direct deposit early availability depends on timing of payor’s payment instructions and fraud prevention restrictions may apply. As such, the availability or timing of early direct deposit may vary from pay period to pay period.
2. Subject to eligibility. Redeem rewards upon each anniversary of opening an account, using our website or app. Cash Back is credited to card balance at end of Reward Year and is subject to successful activation and to other eligibility requirements. Redeem reward using our website or app. See cardholder agreement for details. Grocery delivery and pickup purchases made on Walmart.com or the Walmart App earn 1%.
3. Activated, personalized card required. Other fees apply to the additional account.
4. Opt-in required. $15 fee may apply to each eligible purchase transaction that brings your account negative. Balance must be brought to at least $0 within 24 hours of authorization of the first transaction that overdraws your account to avoid the fee. We require immediate payment of each overdraft & overdraft fee. Overdrafts paid at our discretion, and we do not guarantee that we will authorize and pay any transaction. Learn more about overdraft protection at WalmartMoneyCard.com
5. Monthly fee waived when you receive direct deposits of payroll or government benefits totaling at least $500 in the previous monthly statement period. Otherwise, $5.94 per month. First monthly fee occurs upon first use, the day after card activation or 90 days after card purchase, whichever is earlier.
6. 2% Interest is paid on each enrollment anniversary based on average daily balance of the prior 365 days, up to a maximum balance of $1,000, if the account is in good standing & has a positive balance. 2% Annual Percentage Yield may change at any time before or after account is opened. Annual Percentage Yields are accurate as of 3/27/20.
7. Monthly fees will continue on locked cards. Learn more in the Walmart MoneyCard app.
ATM access only available on personalized cards. Other fees may apply. Visit walmartmoneycard.com for more info.
Technology Privacy Statement: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/content/dam/walmart-moneycard/legal/privacy-site-terms/Privacy%20Policy.pdf
Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Inc. and Visa U.S.A., Inc.
We are working to make your Walmart MoneyCard experience even better, including lowering the direct deposit amount to $500 to waive your monthly fee and adding opt-in overdraft protection for purchase transactions when you set up and receive an eligible direct deposit.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for online tools & more!
This is the only prepaid card that is actually verifiable out of the green dot bank cards through the plaid system and pops up as a checking account. I love this because I was able to connect it to my budgeting apps allowing me to have a better financial picture. Over all good card. Direct deposit really is 2 days faster which was awesome ! I don’t recommend using this card as a main bank account. It’s more like a “allowance card” or cash advance on paycheck kind of card. Solid for every day use tho. Friendly support staff and you get bonuses for shopping at Walmart with it and saving money using the save feature they have. I like the card. I’ve read the people’s comments who rated this card negatively and honestly those are all so biased and situational. I think people should realize it’s a prepaid card. Not a debit card. If you want to bank then open up a bank account! This card is for shopping 😂! Anyway. I’d recommend this card to anyone. Beware of the monthly fee though.
Worst experience with any “bank”
I strongly recommend you do not get this card. For starters, you can’t link it to any money app. So you need to wire Some money? Too bad. All those money apps know how unreliable the wal mart money network is. Oh, and you better hope that you don’t have your card stolen. I recently had that happen, my entire wallet actually. I replaced my card over the app, but see, you have to talk to someone over the phone to change your address. Good luck getting anyone to answer. Every day for 8 days I left the phone on hold for 4 hours sometimes... never answer until the 9th day and by this time I am more than frustrated. I am struggling financially because I don’t have access to my money and I am getting boxed food from the local church at their food pantry, just to make sure my children survive. I voiced this to them on that 9th day and stressed how important this was, ya know, for me to get MY MONEY that I trusted GREEN DOT BANK with, and there’s just nothing they can do. “They’re terribly sorry but my replacement card is on the way” oh and it gets better, even though I have waited 9 days.... my address was changed so now the process starts all over. Still waiting on my card, everyone. I SURE HOPE MY KIDS SURVIVE ANOTHER 15 DAYS WITHOUT FINANCIAL SUPPORT. After I get my money, I’m taking everything out & making sure everyone knows my experience. My children are hungry, and I am disgusted.
I have had two new cards since I saw an unauthorized Uber Pass on my account for $9.99. It have been going on for 10 months. I called them and said I didn’t need another new card I need this merchant blocked. They did not do that. Instead they sent me ANOTHER card and accepted the dispute. Now today this merchant charged me again! I called and told them that I wanted to speak to someone that could help me figure this problem out. The foreign woman just kept reading the exact same script over and over to the point where it felt like I was talking to a computer. I eventually had to hang up and see if I could speak to someone else. I got the EXACT SAME RESPONSE VERBATIM. They do not do any customer support what-so-ever. All they do is say your card has been compromised and send me a new one. That didn’t solve the issue the first 2 times around yet they thought a third time was going to solve my grievances. I kept telling them I do not want this “solution” they eventually gave me the merchant information to get in contact with them but after I hung up they blocked my account, took off my withdrawal protection and now I can’t login until I submit my aid like that’s going to solve my problems. This is the worst company I have EVER dealt with in my life. I would only recommend this company to people that I absolutely do not like but never to a friend
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Green Dot Corporation
- 194.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 Green Dot Corporation. All rights reserved.