Find great places to go hiking all over Washington state with the official iPhone app from the Washington Trails Association! Trailblazer lets you explore the WTA's vast trails database without being tethered to your computer.
- Search for trails by name, location, difficulty, whether dogs are allowed, whether hikes are kid friendly, and other criteria
- Create or Login to existing WTA.org account
- Sync My Backpack between devices and WTA.org
- Hikes saved in My Backpack are available when offline
- Add or Remove Hikes from My Backpack
- Alerts on Hike Details
- Submit New Trip Reports
- Like other user's Trip Reports
- View comments and write comments on Trip Reports
- Search for hikes on map
- Infinite scrolling on Hike and Trip Report lists
- View trail photos uploaded by fellow hikers
- Check the conditions on the trail with the latest trip reports from fellow hikers
- Quickly get driving directions to the trailhead
- Link out to NOAA's website to easily get current weather conditions and forecasts at the trailhead
Added support for advanced Driving Directions descriptions for the hike details screen
Other bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app for hikers!
Searching for a hike has never been this easy! You can find hikes in any region, see what the rating is, mileage of the hike, and see if it is kid friendly and/or dog friendly. You can even see trip reports of all the hikes other people did, and write your own trip report after you’ve done your hike. I did two hikes this summer and this app helped me do my research.
I just wished they added a feature where users can see the “Volunteers” page and scroll through them to see different events available like a Trail Work Party, like the one on the WTA website.
Highly recommend this app
The WTA app is really easy to use and it's features are not only useful but the app is reliable. I have tried other trail apps in the past but have not been happy with any of them. I use this app to find hikes in certain locations on the map and I LOVE the hike descriptions; ratings and the trial reports. I have also used the option to pull up the trailhead on maps app which is very helpful for those of us with bad road navigation skills.
Love this app! It's really helped us find trails in the area. We are new to hiking and Washington so it's been great to reference as we look for more to do as a family. I definitely recommend it especially if you're new to hiking. My favorite part is the reviews and pictures. They help you get a better idea of the area. I also like that it helps you find the locations. Not sure if it links to maps on iPhones but that would be great if it did.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.