MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Innovative Ways to Give Back
Tap to learn about apps that spread kindness around the world.
These innovative apps find creative ways to let you support individuals in your community, national organizations, and global charities.
Donate spare change
‣ Lyft and Grubhub help you donate to charity by doing what you already do. For every ride you take or food order you place, the apps round up the transaction to the nearest dollar and donate the difference.
To make the most of every transaction, link GiveTide to your bank account and start donating spare change to the nonprofit of your choice.
Support your community
‣ GoFundMe campaigns can help raise money for anything from medical bills to a storm-damaged home. The app helps you zero in on particular categories like Charity, Community, Emergency, or Volunteer.
Be My Eyes connects the blind and visually impaired with sighted volunteers to assist with everyday tasks via video chat. Is the milk expired? Do my clothes match? Answer simple questions to help someone lead a more independent life.
Increase food security
‣ ShareTheMeal makes it easy to contribute to the World Food Programme, which distributes meals to hungry children in developing countries. Just 50 cents can feed a child for a day.
OLIO helps you donate food to your community such as homegrown produce, pantry staples, or household items like toiletries and cleaning products. Donate neighbor to neighbor or find drop points at local businesses.
‣ Elbi makes it easy for you to discover new charities and donate to them $1 at a time. Each dollar gives you one LoveCoin to be redeemed for designer shoes, bags, clothing, and more.
Charitybuzz auctions once-in-a-lifetime experiences and ultra-high-end goods to raise money for a myriad of charities. Bids have raised more than $250 million for some 4,000 nonprofits.
More ways to give
‣ Use Charity Miles each time you go for a walk, jog, hike, or bike ride and you’ll raise money for charity. The app will donate 25 cents for every mile on foot and 10 cents for every mile you bike.
One Today from Google lets you use Google Wallet to donate to dozens of U.S.-based nonprofits.
Worldpackers helps you find volunteer opportunities in 100-plus countries, with commitments ranging from a few days up to a year. Some positions require specific skills, such as cooking, teaching English, or carpentry.