BOTTLES - All your grocery and liquor essentials, delivered in partnership with Pick 'n Pay. South Africa Only.
We’ve partnered with Pick n Pay to deliver all your grocery and liquor essentials:
Same Day Delivery: Most areas of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, Durban, Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth.
Pricing: We charge in-store pricing, with a standard delivery fee of R35, and service fee of R15.
Monday to Saturday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
We update the app as often as possible to make it better, faster and easier to shop.
New updates include:
- We have added an Estimated Delivery Time during and after an order is placed
- You can now order anytime it suits you! Shop within our operating hours and get SAME DAY delivery. Shop when we close and get NEXT DAY delivery.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We’ve been using the app for a few weeks now and same day delivery is great. But I was blown away by the support team. There was an order mixup and we received the wrong order. Frustrating, but mistakes happen. I called their support team at 4pm and in addition to speaking to two smart and helpful members, our order was delivered and the incorrect order collected within 2 hours. We do a lot of online shopping and this kind of service is leaps and bounds ahead of other retailers - even premium brands. Super impressed!
I’m rather surprised that this app is so highly rated. Yes, the service is useful, but the app itself is extremely buggy. Constant error screens, and bad UX makes it a very frustrating experience. Today the app signed me out and I can’t log in again, and even the error screen there is nonsensical.
UX issues and bugs include:
- Search is cleared after you’ve viewed an item in the search results
- Substitutions are cleared if you don’t “submit” them within 5 minutes, even though you have selected substitutions already
- After submitting substitutions, the app always goes into an error state, saying the substitutions were not submitted (when they in fact are), then going back into substitutions list shows an empty, broken screen
- Constant “connection lost” error messages when the error is clearly not network related
- Out of stock notification bombardment. Just send one notification when items are out of stock, instead of one for each item.
- The app takes a long time to update the order state, it at all. I’ll get a notification saying the order is at step B, but when you follow through, the app still shows step A, with no way to refresh the screen.
In general, the app is sluggish, and has low quality imagery too. I assume it was not written natively, but instead with a cross platform tool, and it shows.
Overall great service. I used the app for the first time during the covid-19 pandemic. I didn’t give the app 5 stars for two reasons. There are a few items that would normally be available at pnp that aren’t available on the app, ie cucumber and broccoli, tomato paste (probably wouldn’t normally be a problem). The second reason is that there is no order history, I have a notoriously bad memory, I couldn’t go back and check that everything I paid for was delivered, which is what I normally do with online purchases, maybe I missed something in the app since I’m still so new at it. All I could see on previous orders was the amount that I paid. I would probably use this delivery service again. The driver was also polite and friendly.
- BOTTLES APP PTY LTD
- 42.3 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 BOTTLES APP (PTY) LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.