With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is? All of this info and more is available at your fingertips.
- Lock Screen widgets: See your next trip's details right from the Lock Screen with our new dynamic widgets.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your trip and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club® lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage® account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage® member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within 4 hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Choose or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your destination.
- Save your trip: Your recently viewed trips are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes Haptic Touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget, on flights with Wi-Fi you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools makes for a great experience.
The sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 800-222-2377
Introducing new features for iOS 16 users:
- Track your trips right from your Lock Screen with our new dynamic Lock Screen widgets.
- Check your flight’s status on the fly with Siri. No setup required. Just ask!
- Book your trips faster and easier with our improved booking experience.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app for my most recent trip to California and I’m so glad I did (I don’t know how I would have survived without it)! The app was great at getting me checked in/boarded, keeping me updated on my flight status and luggage status*, as well as keeping me informed on gate changes (which gave me so much peace of mind for someone who has never flown solo before and hasn’t had much experience with airports)
*The one suggestion I do have for the app would be to only send notifications about baggage claim to those people who actually need to pick up their bags. Going to California this didn’t happen to me but coming back, I had a moment of sheer terror because I got a notification saying that I needed to pick up my bag for my connecting flight which would have made me late for the next one. After asking the person at the gate if this was true they looked at my baggage claim tag and told me that my luggage would be transferred and that sometimes everybody on a particular flight get that notification even if it doesn’t apply to them. Eventually, the app updated my bag status to being loaded on the plane as I was boarding but I definitely panicked for a good 10-15 minutes. Other than that one thing, I had nothing but a positive experience using the app
I just wanted to make a note about some of the complaints about aadvantage or American Airlines I do not work for either aadvantage or American airline’s . This review is based of a logical approach and a logical opinion We as the customer have developed a “ entitled “ attitude towards the airline’s industry and as such towards society . This rule of “ the customer is always correct “ mentality is giving rise to ignorance . Just because an airline cancels a flight or delays a flight does not give you the right to berate an airline and it’s staff. We as a society are not royalty. Yet you as the passenger make yourselves out to be . Please stop Things happen . I get it . It’s an inconvenience . Hey my plans have been ruined but at the end of the day it does not give you the right to attack an airline and it’s staff just because you have been inconvenienced . We all have . Move on be polite and live to see another day . Be grateful that the airline’s are there in the first place . Just because you have had a negative experience from American Airlines immediately you state “ oh I’m Never flying them again “. Put your big boy pants on and be respectful Thank You
Horrible experience with VeriFLY
Flight 805 from Cancun to phl... April 5 238pm
VeriFLY downloaded before the trip. Our trip went as planned and we had a wonderful time. We were not able to check into our flight or make any changes using the app the night before. Our transportation got us to the airport as scheduled around 12:15. This would leave plenty of time to get settled and arrive to our gate. When we arrived at the airport we still could not check in at the kiosk there were 2 lines one for VeriFLY and one If you did not. I explained that I had VeriFLY but it was loading and my husband also had it and I was his companion. We were sent into the main assistance line and we did not reach the counter until 1:45 boarding started at 1:53. The rest of our party was at the gate and relaxed. We were so tired that we even asked if there was a voucher or option to stay and change our flight to the next day. After all of that standing in line They didn’t even ask for the paper of the negative covid test. We were extremely frustrated and disappointed in this process. Other airlines had the option to quickly scan the covid results and keep things moving. We arrived at our gate just before boarding was closing and thankfully friends were able to grab us something to eat. Our luggage did arrive however the wheel was broken off of my suitcase. This was truly a horrible experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 423.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2022 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.