Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. We’ve made the app better and faster than ever with features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & convenience in the palm of your hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied so reservations are easier than ever
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot
• Contact roadside assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Rental Tracker℠ provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days.
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date.
Virtually everything you need to get on the road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
• Choose your vehicle from virtually anywhere with Virtual Aisle℠ (available at select locations). Upon arrival, use the app to choose a specific vehicle (with details like mileage and features) and we’ll hold it for 15 minutes so you can show your Virtual Pass, get the keys and go.
We are always working to improve the app. We made some behind the scenes changes to help you continue to Go Like A Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
I travel often for both work and pleasure. Like any frequent traveler, removing bottlenecks and points of friction from my path makes my travels even more enjoyable. I’ve tried nearly every rental car company in the marketplace.
With a spate of mergers over the years, it’s sometimes hard to tell if one company that your vetting from another for your business is affiliated or not. Over the years, I’ve noticed a National consistently distinguish itself from its peers. Like being an industry innovator in allowing you to reserve at a level that allows you to choose your own vehicle. A move, many others in the industry (clumsily) tried to follow.
No organization is perfect and National definitely has some areas it needs to improve. I find the consistent area that’s 50/50 is the quality of customer service among staff at particular airports. I’m not going to name them (we & they know who they are), but airport rental customer service is either spot on or like a group of people serving out a karmic debt.
Equally, whenever I’ve encountered a problem, the agents at customer resolution have always exceeded my expectations and quickly resolved he issue. That fact, coupled with the ease, quality, and reliability of the app, makes National my go to choice for car rental.
My rental car broke down and no one was able to assist me other than telling there was nothing they could do and could not give me another car. I was stranded somewhere in Fl about 3hours from my house and still waiting on a callback. Other than all the calls I made following the procedures in place with no luck, no offer to pick me up and take me to the nearest location which was 20min away, I’m just in total shock. I even got a courtesy call from one of the locations stating they were sorry they had no cars available and still never heard back from anyone. When the car was finally picked up the place it was towed to even called me asking what to do with the car. I have tried to call back after hitching a ride finally back to my home to close out the rental ticket and still no resolution. Given this type of service I feel really bad for anyone who would not have known what to do in a situation like this. I have been a long time customer and rent cars faithfully every month with National to the point I’m at the executive level and in disbelief this is how I am being treated. I’m gathering my thoughts this weekend and I really think everyone needs to hear of my ordeal because if this is how I was treated something tells me many others are and something needs to be done and this escalated to the highest possible internal as well as external contacts about what happened.
stay in your lane
As long as you’re an Emerald club member and use Emerald aisle and quick drop off, you’ll be fine. It’s when you deviate from that by questioning a charge, vehicle problems, free rental day use or go to the counter for any reason at all that the problems occur. National customer service is the opposite of what it should be. They seem to find every reason to deflect responsibility and offer no recourse. I had one “gentlemen” at Charlotte airport tell me I was privileged to think the car I reserved should be available when I arrived. Also, arrive at Montréal airport later in the day. Expect to see an empty parking lot with 10 people standing in line. Not an isolated incident, twice in 3 months. Aside from those encounters, I always check to see if my destination does not offer Emerald aisle service or worse yet, is run by a franchisee for National. If so, I rent elsewhere.
I’m a frequent traveler with Executive Elite Status for the last several years so my opinion is not based only on the experiences above. National has been fairly consistent in their arrogance and lack of customer service over the years. Emerald aisle is the only thing that keeps me from changing companies.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Car Rental
- 56.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2020 National Car Rental. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.