Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. We’ve made the app better and faster than ever with features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & convenience in the palm of your hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied so reservations are easier than ever
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot
• Contact roadside assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Rental Tracker℠ provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days.
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date.
Virtually everything you need to get on the road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
• Choose your vehicle from virtually anywhere with Virtual Aisle℠ (available at select locations). Upon arrival, use the app to choose a specific vehicle (with details like mileage and features) and we’ll hold it for 15 minutes so you can show your Virtual Pass, get the keys and go.
Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Travelers Take Heart
There is still a travel based company that pulls out all the stops to help weary travelers. The National Car Rental at the Phoenix Sky Harbor is one such place. After this idiot traveler (me) forget to bring his renewal drivers license paperwork...needed to rent a car...the National staff went over and above to assist. From Taylor who helped me as I tried to leave the lot (told me to back up, gave me a bottle of water and walked me through options) to both Nancy and Woody at the front desk who happily worked to get my DMV paperwork faxed to their location. Saved my day. Saved my trip. Thanks National...you should be proud of this team.
stay in your lane
As long as you’re an Emerald club member and use Emerald aisle and quick drop off, you’ll be fine. It’s when you deviate from that by questioning a charge, vehicle problems, free rental day use or go to the counter for any reason at all that the problems occur. National customer service is the opposite of what it should be. They seem to find every reason to deflect responsibility and offer no recourse. I had one “gentlemen” at Charlotte airport tell me I was privileged to think the car I reserved should be available when I arrived. Also, arrive at Montréal airport later in the day. Expect to see an empty parking lot with 10 people standing in line. Not an isolated incident, twice in 3 months. Aside from those encounters, I always check to see if my destination does not offer Emerald aisle service or worse yet, is run by a franchisee for National. If so, I rent elsewhere.
I’m a frequent traveler with Executive Elite Status for the last several years so my opinion is not based only on the experiences above. National has been fairly consistent in their arrogance and lack of customer service over the years. Emerald aisle is the only thing that keeps me from changing companies.
I have been with National Car rental over 20 years. Even getting to the top level I still don't feel National as a company care about me as a loyal customer. First of all cars are not very clean and when I complaint no one returns the call or send email as promised. You would think for a loyal customer get to the top level National would guarantee there always a car for their loyal customer instead that is not the case. They actually turn me away.
As for the apps it depends on the time of the day you reserve your car the price changed so fast. Many times the apps gets hang up it wouldn't work right I called in National representative actually gave me a price is much higher. I told them I have the record trying to reserve the car at a cheaper rate and they wouldn't honor it even though it is their faults with their computer glitches.
There are a few times I get to the airport trying to pickup the cars that I like the manager would not allow me to do so because it is not convenience for them to move the car that was blocking the one I wanted. And usually they have pretty bad attitude toward me for asking.
Again I can't see National as a company in the end it is all about money and not customer service. These are the same companies that when they are going through hardship they would cry to the governments and customers asking for help. It is such a shame.
- National Car Rental
- 54 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2020 National Car Rental. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.