Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. The National Car Rental app offers features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & Convenience in the Palm of Your Hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied to your reservation to help you save time.
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history and detailed receipts.
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot.
• Contact Roadside Assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Reservation Assistance provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days (covers base rate, Time and Mileage, only).
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date and time.
Virtually Everything You Need to Get On the Road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
Take control with our redesigned car rental app - speed and convenience in the palm of your hand. Enjoy access to the benefits you know and love to manage your car rental needs and help you continue to Go Like A Pro®.
Here's what we did for National Car Rental version 5.5:
• Fixed bugs, improved the UI, and did some general cleaning up under the hood.
Ratings and Reviews
First time awful experience with National
I have been an Executive elite member of Emerald National for over 10 years. Been renting from National for over 10 Years.
Never had any issue except this time around. The vehicle had no working windshield fluid, no fluids in the reservoir and after I added my own it did not work meaning it was not working at all. Here in Montreal and travel to QC I had to stop frequently to clean the windshield so I could actually see where I was going. Really risky.
Also my very first time experience with CS at National to change drop off location CS rep and even the supervisor really played it ignorant and tried to push me to the rental pick up location in Montreal which the location never ever pick up their phone. CS basically tried to pass the responsibility to the location and they would not even stay on the phone to see if anyone will pick up so they could probably have a different approach if they did not.
I guess there is always a first for every thing. I will continue renting with National but no longer at Montreal airport location.
My rental car broke down and no one was able to assist me other than telling there was nothing they could do and could not give me another car. I was stranded somewhere in Fl about 3hours from my house and still waiting on a callback. Other than all the calls I made following the procedures in place with no luck, no offer to pick me up and take me to the nearest location which was 20min away, I’m just in total shock. I even got a courtesy call from one of the locations stating they were sorry they had no cars available and still never heard back from anyone. When the car was finally picked up the place it was towed to even called me asking what to do with the car. I have tried to call back after hitching a ride finally back to my home to close out the rental ticket and still no resolution. Given this type of service I feel really bad for anyone who would not have known what to do in a situation like this. I have been a long time customer and rent cars faithfully every month with National to the point I’m at the executive level and in disbelief this is how I am being treated. I’m gathering my thoughts this weekend and I really think everyone needs to hear of my ordeal because if this is how I was treated something tells me many others are and something needs to be done and this escalated to the highest possible internal as well as external contacts about what happened.
Spencer at the Flint MI Bishop Airport location is by far the best employee you have at that location. I suggest you take care of him or another employer will. He always gives great customer service. One example is when I was talking about an issue I had with a car rental with his coworker, his coworker said he would not be able to resolve it, Spencer overheard and spoke up. Spencer said hold on a few minutes, let me finish with the customer I’m with now and I can help you. Less than 10 min later I was walking away issue resolved. When I walk in to get my rental I always prefer to go through Spencer. By the way rarely give written reviews. This is like maybe my 2nd or 3rd ever, I’m 45 years old.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Browsing History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Car Rental
- 64.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright ©2023 National Car Rental. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.