Tap into the power of the Emerald Club® with the National Car Rental® app. We’ve made the app better and faster than ever with features to help you take control of your rental experience on the go.
Speed & convenience in the palm of your hand
• As an Emerald Club member, profile details are automatically applied so reservations are easier than ever
• Access current and upcoming trip information as well as past rental history
• Search National locations worldwide and view location details, like hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers – even get arrival directions to the lot
• Contact roadside assistance or 24/7 customer support, and access frequently asked questions.
Tools for the Control Enthusiast
• Rental Tracker℠ provides you with timely and important information about your rental when you need it.
• Manage your Emerald Club profile, view your progress to the next Emerald Club tier and credits toward free rental days.
• Extend your rental directly from the app by simply choosing a new return date.
Virtually everything you need to get on the road
• With Emerald Checkout℠, you can take control to a whole new level at Emerald Aisle locations. Scan a vehicle in the aisle (and view details like mileage and features), confirm your rental options and accelerate your exit process with a Virtual Pass barcode.
• Choose your vehicle from virtually anywhere with Virtual Aisle℠ (available at select locations). Upon arrival, use the app to choose a specific vehicle (with details like mileage and features) and we’ll hold it for 15 minutes so you can show your Virtual Pass, get the keys and go.
We are always working to improve the app. We made some behind the scenes changes to help you continue to Go Like A Pro.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I travel often for both work and pleasure. Like any frequent traveler, removing bottlenecks and points of friction from my path makes my travels even more enjoyable. I’ve tried nearly every rental car company in the marketplace.
With a spate of mergers over the years, it’s sometimes hard to tell if one company that your vetting from another for your business is affiliated or not. Over the years, I’ve noticed a National consistently distinguish itself from its peers. Like being an industry innovator in allowing you to reserve at a level that allows you to choose your own vehicle. A move, many others in the industry (clumsily) tried to follow.
No organization is perfect and National definitely has some areas it needs to improve. I find the consistent area that’s 50/50 is the quality of customer service among staff at particular airports. I’m not going to name them (we & they know who they are), but airport rental customer service is either spot on or like a group of people serving out a karmic debt.
Equally, whenever I’ve encountered a problem, the agents at customer resolution have always exceeded my expectations and quickly resolved he issue. That fact, coupled with the ease, quality, and reliability of the app, makes National my go to choice for car rental.
stay in your lane
As long as you’re an Emerald club member and use Emerald aisle and quick drop off, you’ll be fine. It’s when you deviate from that by questioning a charge, vehicle problems, free rental day use or go to the counter for any reason at all that the problems occur. National customer service is the opposite of what it should be. They seem to find every reason to deflect responsibility and offer no recourse. I had one “gentlemen” at Charlotte airport tell me I was privileged to think the car I reserved should be available when I arrived. Also, arrive at Montréal airport later in the day. Expect to see an empty parking lot with 10 people standing in line. Not an isolated incident, twice in 3 months. Aside from those encounters, I always check to see if my destination does not offer Emerald aisle service or worse yet, is run by a franchisee for National. If so, I rent elsewhere.
I’m a frequent traveler with Executive Elite Status for the last several years so my opinion is not based only on the experiences above. National has been fairly consistent in their arrogance and lack of customer service over the years. Emerald aisle is the only thing that keeps me from changing companies.
First time awful experience with National
I have been an Executive elite member of Emerald National for over 10 years. Been renting from National for over 10 Years.
Never had any issue except this time around. The vehicle had no working windshield fluid, no fluids in the reservoir and after I added my own it did not work meaning it was not working at all. Here in Montreal and travel to QC I had to stop frequently to clean the windshield so I could actually see where I was going. Really risky.
Also my very first time experience with CS at National to change drop off location CS rep and even the supervisor really played it ignorant and tried to push me to the rental pick up location in Montreal which the location never ever pick up their phone. CS basically tried to pass the responsibility to the location and they would not even stay on the phone to see if anyone will pick up so they could probably have a different approach if they did not.
I guess there is always a first for every thing. I will continue renting with National but no longer at Montreal airport location.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Car Rental
- 56.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2020 National Car Rental. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.