Say more with GIF Keyboard by Tenor. Add tone to your conversation.
With Tenor’s GIF Keyboard for iPhone, iPad and iMessage discover or create the right GIF or video to visually sum up exactly what you’re trying to say, directly from your keyboard. Express the emotion, inside joke, or clever response you want to share.
iMessage App Features:
- Get the same great browse and search experience as GIF Keyboard, including access to your favorites and uploads.
- Press and hold on any GIF to create a sticker that you can drag and drop onto any text, image or GIF in iMessage.
- Create your own GIFs with your front or back camera and personalize them with text, a handwritten note or drawings. Share instantly or save to a Pack.
- Create packs of your favorite stickers and GIFs that you can easily share with friends and family.
Syncs with GIF Keyboard
- Everything syncs to your Tenor GIF Keyboard so you can take your stickers and GIFs everywhere GIFs are supported.
GIF Keyboard Features:
- Send the right GIF or video to express exactly what’s on your mind, directly from your keyboard!
- Search Tenor’s millions of GIFs and videos to find the one that perfectly fits the moment. You can also search by emoji to see the GIFs related to that emoji..
- Need inspiration? Browse by category like reactions, trending topics, and more.
- Once you find the right GIF or video, simply tap it to automatically copy it to your clipboard, tap the iMessage text box to paste it and watch as it plays inline in your conversation.
- See a GIF you like while browsing on your phone? Save it directly to your GIF Keyboard from Safari with the share button and our share extension. No need to save it to your camera roll because it’s instantly available from your GIF Keyboard!
- Keep the GIFs you love handy -- double tap a GIF to favorite it and customize your GIF Keyboard.
- Works with your favorite messengers and social networks including iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook and email. Just long-press on a GIF to pull up options to share the GIF, video, link, or save to camera roll.
Tenor’s GIF Keyboard needs “full access” in your iPhone settings. This gives the GIF Keyboard full access to the internet so we’re able to give you the GIF you are searching for and ensure that our library is always updated with the latest and greatest GIFs and videos.
Note: We do not log keystrokes or send them to our servers other than to search by key terms for the perfect GIF. If you have any other questions about full access please email us at email@example.com.
Tenor was formerly known as Riffsy.
This new release has two core changes.
First, we’ve fixed a crash that occurs when adding captions to GIFs. Captioning in both the keyboard and messages extensions should now function more reliably.
Second, Facebook Login is no longer supported. If you used Facebook to access your Tenor profile in the past, simply follow the instructions in GIF Keyboard’s sign in flow. All of your profile details, like uploads and favorites, will remain intact and easily accessible.
Thank you for using GIF Keyboard. If you have any questions or further feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Appreciative Husband and Father
As a husband and a father, in our world of rapidly expanding social media with its scary pitfalls (some of which, I believe, purposely lure youth and children into inappropriate subject matter), I appreciate being able to quickly find and send appropriate images to my wife and family. There are some images which I do find unsuitable, and others that are clearly raunchy and disgusting, and I can ignore them. However, my children are often allowed to use my phone; I am concerned that your images/gifs may be too easily accessible by children: are there filters available to set on devices to which children have access?
I love Tenor but I don’t love being “forced” to give permissions
I installed the Tenor app b/c I use it in desktop a lot. It was great at first—Easy to install and setup, easy to use in texts, etc. But now any app that allows any form of messaging has a giant banner that says something about enabling full access, instead of just access to my Messages app. According to Apple forums, there’s no way to get rid of the banner (and it’s super easy to accidentally click it and have to back out and go back to what you were doing due to all the real estate it takes up on the screen) unless you give those permissions. Tenor says it’s “not as scary as it sounds,” but when you’re someone who uses privacy apps like Signal, you don’t want to give 3rd parties ability to read all of your typing! So I deleted it. Gave it 3 stars b/c it’s very fun and functional, but not enough to be willing to be coerced into doing something I’m not comfortable with. I will definitely redownload if they rectify this in the future.
App is disorganized
1) there’s 3 different instances of the app. The keyboard top bar select, the actual selectable keyboard, and the app itself
2) all 3 instances are missing features from one another. So if there’s something you want to do or settings you want to change, good luck finding which instance to use...
3) stickers will only show up in their own distinctive category if you use the top bar select version, However you can’t use your account version. If you use the keyboard itself you can’t really tell what a sticker is from just another gif. If you use the app itself you can only manage your library but cannot search for stickers at all.
The app does what is advertised but it seems any effort to streamline or improve is absent. So overall annoying most of the time but if there could be any feature I’d like to see added would be the ability to view only stickers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tenor, Inc.
- 102.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Tenor
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.