Bring ideas to life with Notebook. Write notes, add files, create to-dos, sketch ideas, record audio, capture moments and more using Notebook. Notebook instantly syncs across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail.
NOTES, TO-DOS, FILES
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card
- Scan business cards, documents, and more
- Film your thoughts, lectures, and more using video note card
- Handwrite your thoughts using Apple Pencil
- Collect and archive the latest news, magazine articles, videos, recipes, how-tos, and any other online content from various publishers
- Read articles offline and without Ads
- See Notebook intelligently formats bookmarks into beautiful, distinct cards called Smart Cards
- Organize your thoughts in kanban style visual and intuitive boards
- Share and collaborate on boards to manage work, projects, and to-dos
- Brainstorm your ideas in a collaborative digital canvas
- Collaborate with anyone real time using audio and video calls
- Organize various notes into notebooks
- Group notes together into stacks
- Organize notes using tags, reminders, and favorites
- Reorder your notes within a notebook
- Move or copy notes between notebooks
- Link related notes to one another
TAKE NOTEBOOK ANYWHERE
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud
- Take notes offline and continue on other device when connected to a network
- Change the color of your note cards
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode
- Secure the app and your notes with FaceID or a passcode
- Search your notes within or across notebooks
- Search for objects and text within photos
- Search for text within handwritten notes
- @mention to share and collaborate with your peers, friends and colleagues
- Create Public Notes with shareable links
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Text search your audio notes.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar
- SharePlay your notes with your friends during a call
MORE PRODUCTIVE ON iPAD
- Use Notebook alongside other apps using drag and drop, split view, slide over, multiple windows and stage manager
- Use Apple Pencil to handwrite and sketch your ideas
IN APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes, scribble to create new, check items off your checklists and create photo notes using Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch Face complications to quickly record audio
DAY TO DAY NOTEBOOK
- Stay on top of your things and be reminded about your important things
- Store your favorite recipes and bookmark articles to read at your leisure
NOTEBOOK FOR TEAMS
- Tame your work through Noteboards and Spaces
NOTEBOOK FOR EDUCATION
- Write and submit your assessments on time
- Record lectures and take notes later
- Scan important books
- Get more storage, create long notes and add large files
- Email In to save emails as notes
- Access premium notebook covers
- Set custom recurring reminders for your workflow
Subscription auto-renews unless cancelled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account. Prices vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase.
Terms of Service - https://www.zoho.com/terms.html
We've some exciting updates for the new iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and watchOS 10 for your devices. Update your OS versions to experience the new set of enhanced features.
- With Interactive Widgets, mark all expired reminders as completed, and when pinned, view all images in Photo Card and check off to-do list items from the widgets.
- Look up any image on your Text/Photo Cards by just lifting the subject, and easily create a Photo Card with it, or add it as your notebook cover. Extract text from the image and create a Text Card.
- With SharePlay, now share File Cards and collaborate during FaceTime calls.
- Easily learn how some options work in the app when they open Notebook for the first time using Tooltips.
- Fill out PDFs and documents securely in your File Cards, and StandBy mode allows you to view the progress of your recording or player in Notebook on your device.
- See the Notebook app in Top Hit in Spotlight Search and access the app shortcut easily from there.
- Now, the iPhone's Live Activity feature is supported on iPads as well. Access notes from the Lock Screen Widgets on your iPads.
- For the new watchOS 10, You can view the pinned notes added from your device under Smart Stack in your Apple Watch.
Ratings and Reviews
This puts Apple’s stock Notes app to shame!
I rarely do reviews, but I can honestly say that I have been in love with this app for several years now. It has every feature, well, except one I can think of, that I, personally, could ask for in an app like this! I love the tagging, the customization (personal wallpapers for folder), the easy PDF converter/sharing, the easy app integration with other apps…the list goes on. The only feature I would like, and to be honest, I don’t even think you can do it with any app other than the ones that come in the phone (maybe not), is when you search for something on the main screen of your actual phone it doesn’t seem to search through the app. I was looking for some information I know I had saved the other day, but I could not recall where I had saved it. I had to open the app and search within here to find it. Frustrating because I almost gave up thinking maybe I didn’t save the information in the first place. I thought apps used to be able to do this without having to open them, but I can’t recall anything anymore. Again, maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it’s not the worst thing. All the other features out surpass that one negative thing in my opinion. Totally worth, at the very least, checking out!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing us a positive review. We're glad to know that you like the app. Regarding the search option, we request you to try using the option 'Show more notes; which will use our server search with better results.
This is amazing! But it just needs a few more!
I’ve downloaded a bunch of journaling apps and I absolutely love this one for notes too. I love the interface and the organization of it. I like to write down all my thoughts because I don’t have the friends to share them with. Despite the amazing appeal of it, there isn’t much you can do when it comes to writing. You’re not able to change the font of certain areas or highlight anything. I love being able to add audios and be able to draw but when it comes to the scribbling part, you’re making a separate photo rather than actually drawing on the notes that you wrote. What I think would make this app be one of the best note taking apps if they were able to add the ability to highlight text, change fonts, change the color of text, and be able to draw ON the text. It really upsets me that I’m other apps I’m required to pay them even though I can just do the same thing for free on an art program and also do the same exact thing easily for free with a real notebook and some pens, or on google docs we’re able to highlight and change the colors and all that. This addition would especially be helpful for me and many others during the pandemic since most of us are online learners.
Very good. 👍
Has been a good note taking app, but was always a bit quirky when navigating a work in progress.
This seems to have improved just lately though. Has some nice features, which work very well.
This is why I’ve continued using it over some others. Lately though a number of app makers are going the way of some other greedy app developers by changing to subscription’s. Subscriptions are for magazines, who have totally new content every month. "Most apps don’t."
I’ve never had a subscription app, and I never will. I will pay a fair one time price, for a good, and well supported app… I’ve now been informed that everything with the current non subscription plan will remain the same as it was, and you can still write notes up to 30MB, Upload files of a size up to 100MB, Get 24x5 support via Email, Community forum and access to the NB knowledge base, Get Complete offline access to your notes, Rollback to any of the past 10 versions of any notecard, Setup recurring reminders to your notecard, Lock your notes, Private Share and much more… So from the response that I and others have received, I’ve gathered that they are assuring us that we will continue to have all the same features and great support we’ve become accustomed to.
Developer Response ,
Hi Krug J, We can understand how you feel about the app. The free version of the app would still remain same and we've not compromised any features we provide you on free for a paid plan. We're not going to change the whole app to a paid one. You get to use all the existing features on the app with the same free version. It's just that you have to go for a paid plan for extended features and services we offer you. You can still write notes, Upload files, Get support, Set up Recurring Reminders, Get Offline access to notes, Lock them and much more. And we can assure you that we odder you best features in free version as well as in paid when compared to other competitors. We can still compete with any free app with the features we provide. We hope you understand our concept and reconsider your rating.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zoho Corporation
- 205.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Notebook Pro $2.49
- Notebook Pro $24.99
- Notebook Personal $14.99
- Notebook Pro $24.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.