Be Focused Pro - Focus Timer 4+
Focus timer for work and study
••• Trusted by over 5M users worldwide •••
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes, tags and due dates to tasks
- Use filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Export data to a CSV file
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Live activities for Lock Screen and Dynamic Island
- Widgets for Lock Screen and Home Screen
- Apple Watch support
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Integration with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using Eisenhower's urgent/important principle*
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac**
- Mac version is also available
* Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
** Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
• Improved data synchronization
• Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great Time Management Tool for Adults too!
I love this app, I use it daily! Time management is my Achilles heel, so being able to visually see the time winding down has been really nice. My favorite feature is probably the minute increment alerts that sound like ticks, they’re super helpful for keeping me on track if I’m listening to anything with headphones and away from my phone. It’s really nice because I don’t have to be using my phone to still get the time-minding reminders I need. Finally this app has been a game changer for me with intimidating tasks. Setting a timer has been a great way for me to break through that initial anxiety and just get started. Breaking down tasks into manageable parts with this app has helped me be both more efficient and effective, so I would suggest it to anyone who could use some help with time management! I used to be embarrassed to use a timer for this purpose because all the reviews made it seem like it was just for kids, but let me tell you I think that ANYONE would benefit from this app if they would like to manage their time more effectively. Definitely worth the money in my opinion ☺️
Keep the Pro
I just started using this app. I find it very helpful for staying on task and for encouraging myself to take care of large tasks in small pieces, instead of waiting for a big chunk of time that never materializes. Whittling away by a Pomodoro or two at a time is much less intimidating than facing a week or a month on one gigantic project. It also encourages me to take regular, short breaks that do not derail my progress. I like the word pro on the badge because it helped me discern the free version I originally downloaded from the paid version. I agree with the people who prefer to use the phone version in order to conserve computer resources.
UPDATE: l've had this app for a while now. It's one of my favorites. It does exactly the description says it. And when I use it, my days are far more productive and far more peaceful. I hope the developer continues to update this excellent app so it's always current with the latest operating system.
Way too buggy and unreliable
I really gave this timer a chance and had numerous interactions with support that were not successful. One minor issue is getting double notifications when the timer is up, not a big deal, but annoying. More seriously, is WHEN THERE IS NO NOTIFICATION, and I keep working or take too long of a break because I wasn’t notified. I’ve read of LOTS of people having this issue, which makes me think this app has been pumped up with fake reviews. This is the ONE THING this app must do right to be useful, and it can’t do it reliably.
Then, today I got sidelined with some phone calls so I wanted to start my Pom cycle over from the beginning because I was only halfway through when I got the calls. I should have been able to do this by skipping work intervals and breaks until I got to the end of the four intervals. But the “skip interval” option just takes me back to the beginning of the interval and doesn’t allow me to start a whole new 2-hour Pom. So I’m done with this app. A pomodoro timer needs to do a few simple things, not create frustration. I really like the layout, concept, and Apple Watch integration of this one, but it’s just too buggy to be useful.
Developer Response ,
Please get in touch with us at “email@example.com” so we can take a look at why this is happening. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 43.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.