The Most Powerful Photo Comic Creation App Available.
"Of the comic book apps I’ve used, Comic Life, [...], has the most features and works best on an iPad because of the bigger screen... I love the way the app allows you to edit tiny details, from the shape and style of word bubbles to the size and placement of each story cell." - Kit Eaton, The New York Times
- Introducing an integrated Script Editor*, next generation image filters and built in Instant Alpha tool.
- New graphics features include speedlines, halftones, updated stroke options and more!
- Dozens of fully customizable templates.
- Everything you need at your fingertips: speech balloons, photo filters, comic lettering, templates, shapes, shadows and effects.
Download Comic Life 3 to create dynamic comics with your photos.
Packed with fonts, templates, balloons, captions, and lettering art, Comic Life is a fun, powerful and easy-to-use app that makes creating comics easier than ever. And now you can build your comics anywhere you like!
Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Create original stories with the integrated Script Editor then drag and drop your words to the comic page when you're done.
Bring in photos from your photo library or access web photos via Flickr integration, and the app’s powerful editing and design tools to get exactly the look you want.
When your work of art is complete, use the integrated reader to review pages on your device. Or share with your friends and family. Choose from Facebook, Twitter, email or open your comic in another app as a PDF.
New Tools and Features in Comic Life 3
Script Editor* that recognizes elements as you type
17 Advanced parametric image filters
Dozens of full templates with hundreds of panel layout options.
Instant Alpha tool built in so you can knock out image backgrounds
Speedlines, halftones, and textures
Fully customizable fill and borders for balloons, lettering, captions, panels and shapes
New balloon variety slider for even more customization
Customizable gradient builder
Over 60 font options
Load photos directly from photo library
Integrated camera feature to instantly add photos to your comic
Supports multi-page comics
Using Comic Life you can:
- Read your comics with the integrated e-reader.
- Create photo comics in the full featured comic editor.
- Share your comics on Facebook, Twitter, via Mail, AirDrop and iTunes File Share.
- Transfer your comics to Mac or Windows and keep working with Comic Life 3 on your desktop or laptop.
- Send your comics to a printer on your wireless network.
- Choose from full page layouts including panels, titles and captions along with complimentary styles for a high end look.
- Drag and Drop elements anywhere in your comic page.
- Easily add photos from your library with the Place Photo button in panels.
- Curve and place balloon tails precisely with advanced tail controls.
- Resize and rotate images, clip them in panels along with balloons, captions, and lettering.
- Create multilayered color gradients to design the perfect style for lettering, captions or background.
- Use smart shapes to add common shapes and the free form shape drawing tool to create any line or shape you can imagine.
- Work without worry of losing your creation as documents are automatically saved whenever a change is made.
* This feature is available on iPad only
* Improved Font Picker, now incorporating "Recent" font section
* UI Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not super intuitive
I got this for my iPad and I'm wondering if it's different on a desktop. I find myself going to the help page a lot and it doesn't always have the answers. I can't figure out how to get PLAIN text outside of a box or balloon. There seem to be lots of features that I am missing. I'm having fun playing around, but I need to sit down and read through the whole help section. maybe things will make more sense and I will update my review.
Things I like number one able to upload pictures on the Internet and create comic books
Number to find pictures from my photo library and also the make up into graphic novels the titles it’s number three difficult number seven completely hard and also difficult
Number five figuring out of course how many other comic book writing apps out there where they would’ve never heard of one of them was is immensely frustrating as it was though what is the marvel him event there was one that literally didn’t stick the landing it was the comic book illustration app it was buggy wagon infested trench foot Roche us like cocktail forks and it sucked ours lots of oursI mainly enjoyed comical have three and I do recommend people using it though if you do want to creek, comic books are integrating novels I do
Needs a simpler GUI
I love this app on my Mac and it’s a very powerful iOS app however it would be nice to have a simpler GUI for commands. The undo seems to be buried at times when accidentally touching the wrong command and I don’t see an easy way to bring up the undo or a simple back button to navigate.
- plasq LLC
- 102.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2018 plasq LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.