You are the captain of a starship venturing through a massive open universe. Customize your crew and take command at the helm of your very own ship as you explore a galaxy torn apart by internal strife, alien threats, and political intrigue.
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more in Star Traders: Frontiers – an epic space RPG from Trese Brothers Games. Venture forth into a massive open universe, rich with adventure and the lore of the Star Traders. Choose your path by assembling and commanding your custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets across the stars as a fearsome bounty hunter?
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 350 upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever ... or scarred and half-mad.
- Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
- Achievement Unlocks: accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock additional optional (but not better) content like new starting ships and new starting contacts
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Our very first game, Star Traders RPG, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an interstellar adventure. Star Traders’ success and overwhelmingly positive reception helped to launch Trese Brothers Games. It was the adventures of our community’s star-crossed captains that put us on a trajectory to share more of our worlds, ideas, and dreams.
We set out to capture the loneliness, bravery, and camaraderie of people living together in a spaceship sailing across the stars. It is with great pride that after releasing four other games in the Star Traders universe, we’ve created a sequel to the original Star Traders RPG.
Step onto the bridge of your starship, take to the stars, and create your own story in Star Traders: Frontiers.
- Added search feature for Star Atlas -- search "mining" to find Mining Zones, "sells explosives" or "buys explosives" to find zones that trade explosives, plus combine with filter and sort
- Added 4 new filters to Star Atlas to quickly seek zones that have Repair, Upgrade, Doctor or Spice services
- Quadrants with Rare Trade Goods available now clearly marked on galactic map
- Selling Kloxian Medical Bays to infected zones can now help break Infected Rumors
- Contact Introductions now list the name of the Contact's system and quadrant
- Improved mission offers to recognize round-trip missions that are only in the local quad
- Improved pricing on some of the cargo delivery missions during Plague Era and increased their ability to scale to your cargo/permit level
- Fixed issue with Ship Fuel displays in New Template
- Fixed bugs that allowed certain ships to move without using fuel
- Fixed pricing on some starting ships that had moved categories (Longbolt is now back in D)
- Fixed bug preventing clicking from advancing cut-scenes like those at the start of the game
- Renamed some mission giver categories to make search easier ("Spy Missions" is now "Espionage Missions", "Dipomat" is "Diplomatic" and "Doctor" is "Medical")
- Improved searchable text to match visible text fixing some mismatches (searching "Spy Recruits" now correctly gets hits)
- Added search feature for Contact list -- search "Quartermaster" to find specific recruits, "Generous" to find certain known Traits, and combine with filter & sort
- Added 2 new "Railtak Guidance Matrix" ship components to increase chance for capital ship to hit Craft and general Accuracy %
- Added 2 new "C-Tak Interceptor System" ship components to increase capital ship evasion against Craft, Initiative and Void Res
- Above 100 Rep with a faction makes it more difficult to lose high level Rank/Permit/Edict by 1 to 2 pts (-4 for Ranks, -4 for Permits, -5 for Edict)
- Launch Bays and Hangars all gain Ship Ops and Electronics Skill Pools
- Increased prices of Weapon Lockers A2 thru A5
- Fixed a number of component sets that had inconsistencies in Starport / Military / Economy requirements
- Reduced complexity in low requirements for components (removed all Economy 2 requirements, etc)
- Added System Danger rating to Star Atlas for better seeking recruits, orbital ops, etc
- Fixed pricing and component count issues with Skylift Carrier and other ships
- Fixed bug with De Valtos Grand Lux Suites not always providing 22% bonus
Ratings and Reviews
Great mobile story experience!!!
This is the game I’ve been looking for forever. You are the heroic captain of a star ship, you decide how to engage the living universe around you and your actions advance the various quest lines through out the game. You can be the noble explorer, dodge most combat, maintain great reputation, make the moral quest line choices and save the day. Or you can be the pirate, wear a silly hat, slay every ship you see, loot everything in sight, bling out your ship, slap down fat wads of cash to fix your reputation just to make the most chaotic quest line choices and let the universe burn. And EVERYTHING in between! My only complaint is that you start the game with too much, a huge ship, big crew, tons of safety. I wish you started in a much smaller ship with a more intimate crew and slowly worked your way into larger ships and in turn had to hire more crew. While building a ton of story and emotional attachment to senior crew this would also give you more short/long term goals/rewards which this game really lacks. It may also give the game more of the kind of imagined story that effortlessly flows in games like Rimworld. That would really put this game over the top and I believe that it is pretty easily attainable. With how much the devs update the game I’m sure it will only get better with time but even as it stands this game is a bargain at twice it’s price. We need more games like this.
I took a chance on this one, even though there was no demo, because I’ve been looking for a good space sim that lets me move about freely and choose my own career path. After looking into the game online, reading/watching reviews, etc., I bought the game. It has not disappointed. I’ve been having a blast with it! There are so many choices, and the universe goes on no matter what you do. I chose to ignore some of the main story to follow my own path, and events unfolded without my involvement. Now I want to replay it to see if I could have affected the outcome. I chose to play as a spy my first time through, avoiding combat as much as possible. I’ve been largely successful, except for one crew battle where I lost two of my best soldiers and was forced to surrender to spare the other two. I’ve got one faction so mad at me, that their ships attack me on sight, and their planets deny me all fueling, medical, and repair services! Thanks for the fun game. Well done!
“Is this seriously a mobile game?” was what I first asked when I first booted it up. This game is big and I mean big. At first it’s a lot to take in, you start off with like 30 crew members in your ship and they all play a part in your experience from passing skill checks, helping in blockades, patrols, and spying they also help in combat (space and ground). Then the contact and faction system is just woah(can’t even put into words atm). Every choice felt like it mattered and it also felt like the galaxy changed around me from those choices. This game is truly a diamond in the rough for mobile Gamers and is highly recommend it, if you like rpgs this game is for you. I’ll see you among the stars traders. Another plus is the fact that the developers are constantly communicating and updating the game. Like seriously I feel like everyday I check for updates star traders is the first thing to pop up on what needs an update.
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 312.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Trese Brothers
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.