The hidden gem for musicians.
Chord ai uses recent advances in artificial intelligence to find chords, beats and voicings for any song instantly and reliably. Chord ai delivers state-of-the-art accuracy beyond trained human level. You won't need anymore to look for the chords of a song on the web. You can select songs from YouTube, SoundCloud, your audio files or even use the device microphone. Chord ai is the new musician's best companion app. From beginner to pro level. Discover now the numerous features to help you improve your playing skills and your ear.
*** BROWSE ANY SONG ***
- You can select any song by browsing your audio files, SoundCloud or YouTube. This is the preferred way and Chord ai will process songs within a few seconds.
- You can also select a song on streaming services such as Apple Music or Spotify. In that case Chord ai will use the microphone to process the sound from your device in real time.
- Or you can use your device microphone to get the chords of any song playing around you or from your own playing / your band's playing
*** CHORD & VOICING RECOGNITION ***
- Common chords recognition: Chord ai can recognize common chords such as major, minor, augmented, diminished, 7th, M7th, sus2 and sus4 chords.
- [Pro version] Advanced chords recognition: Chord ai also recognizes advanced chords such as power chords, half-diminished, dim7, M7b5, M7#5, 6, 69, 9, M9, 11, M11, 13, M13th, add9, add11, add#11, addb13, add13, 7#5, 7b5, 7#9, 7b9, 69, 11b5, 13b9 and combinations of them such as 9sus4, min7add13 etc.
- [Pro version] Chord inversions a.k.a. slash chords: Chord ai tells you more precisely the bass/lowest note of each chord using the slash notation. For instance, C/E means that the third (E) is played as the lowest note, or Am7/G means that the seventh (G) is played as the lowest note.
- Voicing & Position recognition: Chord ai is the world's first app capable of recognizing not only chords, but also their specific voicing. This means that Chord ai can tell you more precisely which notes, including their octaves, are played on the piano, or which guitar/ukulele positions match best with the song.
*** BEAT TRACKING ***
- Chord ai uses a state-of-the-art beats and downbeats tracking algorithms to display chords organised into bars and beats.
*** SEPARATION INTO MULTI TRACKS*** (requires recent device >= iPhone 11)
- Automatic music separation into 4 stems: Bass / Drums / Vocals / Other
*** MIDIFY ***
- State-of-the-art audio to midi conversion
- Export the midified audio as a midi file
*** ADVANCED REPLAY CONTROLS ***
- Speed change: Slow down or speed up playback at your wish so that you can play easily along the song
- Pitch shift: Change the pitch of the song to play in your desired key
- Loop: the interface for setting loop start/end points is very simple and intuitive
*** SAVE & SHARE ***
- Save transcriptions of your favorite songs and build your own playlists
- Saved song are synchronised among all your iOS devices
- Share transcriptions as PDF files or as a link
*** PIANO / GUITAR / UKULELE ***
- Select your preferred instrument among piano, guitar or ukulele
- For guitar or ukulele, you can specify a capo
- [Pro version] Smart capo: you can also let Chord ai tell you preferred capo for either easiness of play of song matching
*** LEARN NEW AND BEAUTIFUL CHORD POSITIONS ***
- Find and learn chords from Chord ai's massive chord positions library (more than 100k guitar positions, > and more than 10k ukulele positions)
- Positions ranked from easiest and common to most difficult and rare
- [Pro version] Alternate tunings for guitar and ukulele such as Drop D, DADGAD, Open D/G/A/C etc.
*** FULLY FEATURED MUSIC PLAYER ***
- Build your own playlists
- Background audio support
- Listen to your music offline
Any feedback appreciated at email@example.com
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I have waiting my entire life for an app like this. I am 66 years old. I have played the piano/keyboards since I was 4 years old. I have learned more from this app about how music is structured in a very short time compared to how long I have played. I recently retired and I'm having the time of my life playing along with music I love. This app is wonderfully accurate in transcribing any piece of music into its underlying chord structure. It doesn't matter how complex the music or underlying chords. This app came along at the perfect time to bring my playing to the next level. I love this app! I would highly recommend it to any musician who can play by ear and knows most chords. Even if you don't know all the complex chords that can be played, you will quickly pick up how to play these chords with this app. Don't walk - run to the App Store and download this app. It is worth every penny.
I’ve always wanted to do Roman numeral analysis on my favorite pop songs, but I’ve been too lazy to do it on my own. This app makes the whole process so much easier! The money to unlock all the chords was well worth it. Sometimes I disagree with the app’s judgement on some of the chords. There were a couple of times when I was sure a certain chord was fully diminished, but the app marked it as something else entirely. However, most of the time it seems to be pretty spot on!
I wish it would let me manually override the identified key, because that is something it gets wrong fairly often (at least with songs I listen to!) That’s my only complaint. Love this app. Thank you for making it.
Great core functionality, weak workflow
The basic chord recognition aspect of this is astonishingly good. It doesn’t always nail the exact guitar chord shape, but that would be a lot to ask. But otherwise the quality is pretty amazing.
The downside is the input and output workflow. Loading media can be a tedious process of working down through directories or playlists, starting from the very top of the hierarchy every time. If I want to look at a bunch of related files, I wish it would open up at the last place I looked rather than having to start over. But that’s a small thing; not many people have the same use case as me. What I really wish, though, was that I could have a plain text output format, perhaps chord names separated by tabs instead of HTML, which I have extract the chord data from by hand.
All that said, this is a pretty great piece of software and I recommend it highly for most people.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad AI OU
- 128.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Nomad AI OU
- In-App Purchases
- Chord ai Pro Monthly $3.99
- Chord ai Pro Lifetime $54.99
- Chord ai Pro Yearly $26.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.