Chord AI uses recent advances in AI to give you the chords of any song automatically and reliably. You won't need anymore to look for the chords of a song on the web. Chord AI listens to the music played from your device or around you and shows you the chords instantly.
In its basic version, Chord AI is able to recognize the following chords:
- major and minor
- augmented, diminished
- 7th, M7th
- suspended (sus2, sus4)
In the Pro version that you can get with just a one-time in-app purchase, Chord AI can recognize thousands of advanced chords using the latest advances in the field of machine learning such as:
- power chords
- half-diminished, dim7, M7b5, M7#5
- 6th, 69th, 9th, M9th, 11th, M11th, 13th, M13th
- add9, add11, add#11, addb13, add13
- 7#5, 7b5, 7#9, 7b9, 69, 11b5, 13b9,
and combinations of the above! (such as 9sus4, min7add13 etc.)
In addition, Chord AI Pro is able to detect chord inversions such as C/E where the third (E) is played as the lowest note, or Am7/G where the seventh (G) is played as the lowest note.
For guitar and ukulele players, Chord AI also comes with a massive library of chord positions.
Chord AI even works offline. You don't need to have an internet connection (unless you want to play a song from YouTube or a streaming service).
How does Chord AI work? Chord AI can find the chords of a song in two ways:
1) For audio files that you have on your device or iCloud, YouTube videos, SoundCloud songs, Chord AI will process the song in a few seconds to give you all the chords of the song at once
2) Through your device microphone. Any song playing around you, or played by your device from a streaming service, is analysed through your device microphone and the chords of the song are shown in real time. You can go back in time and replay the song together with the chords displayed on a timeline.
Regarding the 17+ age restriction: This is simply enforced by Apple for any application which lets you browse YouTube videos freely.
Any feedback appreciated at email@example.com
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best In The Store!
I’ve tried a bunch of these chord recognition apps including one from a famous musical instrument manufacturer and a free/subscription based service and this one is by far the best. The others I’ve tried had a hard time with subtle chord changes like C MAJ to C MAJ7 to C7, or from C MAJ to C MIN ... that sort of thing. And for some reason a hard time getting the timing right.
This program is light years ahead of those others in both respects and I’m so happy with it I bought the advanced version after 5 minutes of using it... mostly to support the developers with future enhancements and such.
If I were given the opportunity of a wish list for this program...
1. Show the name of the song in the main window.
2. After selecting a song, when selecting another, remember the last screen shown in the media list.
3. On-screen volume control slider.
4. Selecting and recalling favorites.
Anyway... this is THE best program for someone who wants to play songs in their media library.
Outstanding! But not Perfect.
This is a great app. Really helps narrow down the chords, and is great way to get a “feel” for chord progressions, but I can’t say it’s “perfect”. However, my guess is that is just where the state of the technology is at this point. I’m amazed at what it can do already, but will wait for more advanced tech to get to the next level. There’s a couple small picky things when it comes to the looping that I’d like to see improved as well. Have used the free version for a few weeks, and just sprung for the paid version a couple hours ago, so I will wait to hold off judgement on some of the paid features. I definitely recommend for anyone trying to figure out songs that are not easily available in tab form already. It has saved me hours of work!
Useful, Simple, User Friendly
After several months worth of utilizing this app and I still enjoy it. I’m currently a music major and this has been very beneficial for my studies. Even the free version is helpful in learning basic chord recognition and progressions, especially for beginners learning piano or guitar. This app makes it easy to discover notes and chords plus shows you fingering placements simultaneously as it records in real time. It lets you name, save and export what you record allows you to export and save the file. No complaints so far and next term I plan to purchase the full version. Great app. Thanks for developing this 😎
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad AI OU
- 88.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Nomad AI OU
- In-App Purchases
- Chord AI Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.